1. jclark83

jclark83 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMG_3722.JPG IMG_3723.JPG

New tag
    Huck369, jtclark13 and jmckeown88 like this.
  2. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Well that was quick! Turns out I didn’t have to visit Buffalo Trace to score some more Eagle Rare after all. This morning’s haul. I hope to get the Duke out tomorrow.
    931FF657-7F12-47BC-BC02-B07E4317411C.jpeg
    jtclark13, jmckeown88 and mbabc like this.
  3. jtclark13

jtclark13 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious to see what you think about the Peerless. And I hate that people finally realized how good McKenna is, used to be cheap and always available. I haven’t seen it in months!
  4. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    I bought some of them as gifts but am keeping the Peerless; I’ve never had it and am curious also. Visited the Bardstown Bourbon Company yesterday for the first time. Nice place and I enjoyed the Discovery series...but not for $130 a bottle.
    jtclark13 likes this.
  5. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Did you get the Peerless at the Distillery or did you find it for sale somewhere?

(disclaimer, I'm an investor in Peerless)
    jtclark13 likes this.
  6. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Stumbled onto it at Total Wine. Same for the McKenna. Sampling it now. I’m no bourbon expert but I do love to play around with it trying to discern the flavors. Got that from being in the coffee roasting business for years. I smell pear right away. First sip should probably have happened before I fired up the Padron, but oh well...a little burn up front but not too much...I get brown sugar...Gets a thumbs up from my amateur palate. Normally drink neat but just added a drop of water and that smoothed it out a bit and I think the nose matches the flavor more now...brown sugar and oak barrel. I remember you telling me you had invested. I would definitely buy again.

Oh, and I did ride both the Duke and Vstrom back to back earlier toady, making me thing my notion of getting down to one bike might be futile.
    4904FAA2-98C5-4FB3-B1F6-8A064E096E46.jpeg
  7. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I enjoyed my bottle as well, I got a lot of biscuit feel/taste, but I get the brown sugar too now that I think about it. And based on your coffee history I’m sure your palate is much better than most reading this post!
  8. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Funny...I don't get those flavors from my Kessler's and diet Coke.
  9. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Hey now, you have 2 bottles of Blanton’s right now, so you’re in better shape than I am :D
    mbabc likes this.
  10. jspringator

jspringator Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never thought I was a bourbon snob until I got a bottle of Old Fitzgerald and couldn't drink it. Apparently I had become accustomed to better. I used to like Four Roses small batch.
    jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  11. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    For the cost, I’m a big fan of Four Roses Small Batch. It’s funny, my wife so wants to like bourbon but just hasn’t figured it out yet, but the last tour we did was Four Roses and she liked the Yellow Label the best. For my wife to like the least expensive option of anything is a freakin miracle! But I’m glad she appreciates the hobby, I always know I’ll find something new on Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary because she knows how much I enjoy it and always looks for rare bourbon I’ve never had. I bet there are a few bottles hidden around the house right now.
    mbabc likes this.
  12. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    I won’t derail the photo tag any more after this post: I’m not sure my palate is too reliable as I find it changing a lot lately...and I’m really a beer snob, but enjoy sipping bourbon and a fine cigar now and then. My son, 3 sons-in-law and a Moto buddy in Bloomington have gone to great lengths to sample some of the highest sought after craft beers on the market today...we are about as bad as Pappy hunters! At Thanksgiving we sampled 7 of the top 15 rates beers in the country.
    A5E44944-8D1E-4A58-A312-89B84A60571C.jpeg
    jtclark13 and mbabc like this.
  13. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    I love both “hobbies”, but I find myself a little too picky with beer. Some of the new stuff is a little too much for me, everyone wants to be the hoppiest, most sour, etc. I’m not a traditional beer guy, I’m a big brown/porter/stout drinker that appreciates good strong ales, but the IPA thing is a but much. And I’ve only found a couple of sours I like. But at the same time I’m drinking my “cheap” beer of choice right now, Founders All Day IPA. I hadn’t planned on it but saw a bottle of Jefferson Ocean Wheated I had to try, plus it was marked down to $59. It’s not too bad!
  14. UncaBuddha

Oddometer:
    My wife is trying to get into the bourbon thing too! Someone told her to mix the Peerless with some ginger ale! No f*cking WAY I said!!! You can use the JTS Brown for that! G<G>G
    mbabc likes this.
  15. Tezzy

Tezzy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    image.jpg

Are we still doing this, or did I miss something?
    voodoo child, Huck369, mbabc and 2 others like this.
  16. jtclark13

Oddometer:
  17. UncaBuddha

Oddometer:
    Well, yes, absolutely. BUT you normally put the old tag and then the new tag in the same post. Or at least on the same day...
    jtclark13 likes this.
  18. Tezzy

Tezzy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Isn’t there a time limit to when you post the new one? I had to rush home after the photo.
  19. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Nice getting the tag Tom. Unca is the judge here but I'd say post up something tomorrow.
    jtclark13 likes this.
  20. jtclark13

Oddometer:
    Typically it’s the same ride, I’ve put 200+ miles between old and new tags. I’d think if you break them up you don’t post the old until you have the new. I know in the Indiana thread there have been guys grabbing the old the same day, it’s whoever posts the new tag that wins. Regardless, thanks for keeping this going, I’ve always enjoyed playing, a ride with a purpose is always fun!
    mbabc likes this.