Kymco Like 150i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by pnw, Mar 28, 2018.

1. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder why this scooter doesn't seem to get any mention. $2,599, classic scooter styling, 4v, FI, two channel ABS. Air cooled means lower performance but also no liquid cooling issues and maintenance to deal with. It seems like it would be eating Vespa 150s lunch being less expensive than used similar size/power air cooled Vespas.

[​IMG]

The rider above reported having a 32 inch inseam. Do the ergonomics look more cramped than a Vespa (higher floorboards due to under floor gas tank perhaps)?
    Smaug1 and The Virginian like this.
  2. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had the chance to sit on one of these.

[​IMG]

Because the seat is pretty much flat I could slide back far enough to have clearance for my knees but I doubt there would be room left for a passenger or large duffel bag behind me.. The Vespa 150 on the other hand has plenty of room for a tall guy like me. I'm 6-2 with a 34" inseam.

I still like this scooter and for the price it's a fantastic deal.
    TM1(SS), The Virginian and pnw like this.
  3. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The main reason I can think of is that the dealers are hard to find. The closest one to me would rather sell snow machines and quads.
  4. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are tall for a small scooter but at least the seat is flat so one can slide back. Kymco lists a rear rack and a couple windscreens as accessory options
  5. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only close by dealer around here that used to stock Kymco has dropped them. But they probably fit the typical description of "stealership" better than dealership.
  6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great scoot. I guess it uses the 4v head from the Kymco "Movie", that was only sold here a few years.
  7. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting that all the youtube reviews are using the same pictures and mostly the same dialog. Isn't anyone buying the 150i ? It really does seem like a great deal, and is a very good looking scoot!
  8. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    My experience with Kymcos is that they are too small for us well nourished Americans. They are pretty well built, but they are 5/6 scooters.
    Smaug1 likes this.
  9. LidoCA

LidoCA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2013 Like 200i. It is the older version of the 150. The 150 is a much better looking Primavera knockoff. The 200 (actually 163cc) has less h.p. (11.5, compared to 13.5) than the 150. The Kymco is very reliable. I have 12k miles on mine, i have performed the regular maintenance, and only replaced the belt and rollers. Suspension is not good for long distance riding. The seat is some kind of torture device. The seat pad helps absorb some the shock of the hard suspension. Most hate the way it rides, but I don't see myself ever getting rid of it. A great urban scooter for short runs under 40 miles at a time. I have not seen any 150s locally, so here are my 200s. I actually sold my wife's, the red one. 20170211_145306.jpg 20170529_124030.jpg
    kpinvt, Bors, Ginger Beard and 4 others like this.
  10. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Not all Kymcos are like this. My 2009 Super 8 has enough room for my 6-2, 34" inseam self. The GT300I is also very roomy and feels like it could handle someone much taller than me.
  11. Flying Gringo

Flying Gringo Coming Soon

Oddometer:
    It just screams, "I can't afford a Vespa."
    diabolik37, 9Realms and cdwise like this.
  12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Souped-Up Weasel

Oddometer:
    I'll never understand why the Movie 150 didn't sell either. That four-valve head really kicks ass.
  13. JBJHillbilly

JBJHillbilly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We resurrected a 200i for a friend of mine. It's a great scooter. Wasn't aware the 150 made more h.p., but that's good to hear.
  14. =retread=

=retread= more MPG

Oddometer:
    it's a scooter, why pay more!!!!
    JPopee, Ginger Beard and Jim Moore like this.
  15. ClevelandMotorious

ClevelandMotorious ClevelandMoto

Oddometer:
    We shot a short video after we prepped it. I'm feeling pretty good about this scooter, I've put around 30 miles on it (it's still snowing here), but it's very peppy.

Subscribe to our channel, we're going to be doing updates as we put more miles on. We also hit it pretty hard on our podcast Friday night. Warning, our podcast is not for kids.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/112122
  16. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I stopped by your shop a few years ago (the one on the East side). Cool place:thumb I'll try to stop by in June when I visit my parents. Not many shops around here that carry more than a few scooters. I may bring my 30K+ Super 8 up for that visit.

[​IMG]
    Hittman and Sleepyc like this.
  17. ClevelandMotorious

ClevelandMotorious ClevelandMoto

Oddometer:
    Just letting you know, our Eastside shop is closed, and we have moved the Westside shop into a much larger building.
  18. pnw

pnw Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should truck one out to Morro Bay and ride the cannonball with it, maybe Kymco would sponsor you. It is a great looking well featured little scooter.
    JBJHillbilly likes this.
  19. klaviator

Oddometer:
    If I had the time I'd consider it. I'll try to make it over to your westside shop.

My Kymco Super 8 was my first scooter and I'd consider buying another kymco but we no longer have a local dealer. There is one about 2 hours away so it's not out of the question. My super 8 has over 30,000 miles on it and still runs great.

[​IMG]
    kpinvt, wmailhos and Bar None like this.
  20. Dan V.

Dan V. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really like the looks of this one. When the weather gets back to normal and you can ride - can you write up a comparison to the buddy 125, Phil?
    JBJHillbilly likes this.