Kymco Like 150i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by pnw, Mar 28, 2018.

1. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've checked my air filter once, still looks fine. Luckily I didn't have any issues with the screws/bolts holding it on, but there sure is plenty of them. I have found it's just easier to pull the "tub" out to do any maintenance, and check that spark plug wire as well.
    The Virginian likes this.
  2. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isn't it amazing the difference between brand new and a few thousand miles makes? I can tell the difference between our two Vespa's with 4,000 miles difference between them. Three one with more miles despite a rocky start performs better.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. klaviator

Oddometer:
    After I removed the old cap I checked it. It didn't grab the plug at all. I went to a local dealer and got a NGK Cap. It wasn't identical to the Kymco cap but close enough. It "grabs" the plug much better than the Kymco one did. Eventually it might wear out and fall off so I plan on getting a spare and taking it with me on trips. Part no is: VBO5F.

If your cap has fallen off once it will come off again. The cap will keep getting worse as it wears. Just replace it before your engine dies in a bad place. If it hasn't fallen off yet it probably will eventually so go out and get a spare.

This is not just a Like 150i issue. It happened to my Sport City 250. The tech at max motorsports said he has seen it on the new Super 8.
    MYUMPH likes this.
  5. Wolfeboats

Wolfeboats Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apparently common on Vespas too. Mine fell off on the way home from the dealer but I think it was never put on right in the first place. Had a good solid click when I put it back on and no more problems with 2,000 miles.
  6. Luparo46

Luparo46 The "Other" is an Illusion

Oddometer:
    Anyone know where I can buy oil drain plug, crush washer, spring and screen for the 2019 Kymco Like 150i? Doing my own oil changes and like having spares on hand.
  7. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I get my stuff from my dealer, Max motorsports in Alabama. They will ship it to you. I buy crush washers in bulk from Cycle Gear.
  8. Luparo46

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Also, I don't recall (and can't seem to find) how to post a new question. Any guidance?
  9. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Are you asking how to post a new thread?
  10. Luparo46

Oddometer:
    Yes
  11. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Go to battle scooters(or whatever forum) and hit "post new thread" to the right and slightly above the forum name.
  12. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    KIMG1697.jpg I only put 1,834 miles on my Like the few months I had it, but now it's gone. Back on a VanVan. The roads around here are just too bad for the Like. In a better area, the Like would be a great machine.
    Pete-NZ and The Virginian like this.
  13. forkintheroad

forkintheroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sorry.. got my replies mixed up.
    So after reading this thread and a couple of others, it helped make my mind. I rode down to Dalton Ga and got a 150i. I haven't had that fun of a ride in quite awhile.
    It's good to be back to scootering. I love this scooter. Took it back on a series of very long and winding roads, and I think after an hour of straight riding I have some thoughts on it.

Good things:
    1: Acceleration is good. It can throw my fat self around just fine. I may look ridiculous but I don't care. This is one of the funnest machines I've had in.. well it might be the funnest. Might just be the honeymoon period. I may wake up and look into the garage tomorrow and ask it while it's still here, but I don't think so.
    2. Top speed is fine. I didn't push it too hard but I saw 60 on the speedo. I don't think it necessarily had more to give but that's all I need out of it.
    3: The brakes are fantastic. They really did it right on this. This might be the best thing about this bike.
    4: Handles very well in my opinion. I took a lot of various county roads in Georgia and Tennessee I was unfamiliar with, and really enjoyed the twisties. It's not a soft ride. It's a scooter.
    5: storage is ok. It's not the greatest but it will do until I find a decent top case. It's about equal to the Agility 125 in my subjective opinion.
    6: holy crap that headlight is bright
    7: it looks good. got gray with the red seat
    8: I really like the dash/gauge cluster/whatever. I did not get the noodoe model. The only thing that might have been useful to me for would have been GPS, and if I need that I'll figure out some kind of phone mount.
    9: The Kymco Turn Signal Audible Indicator You Can Hear Two Counties Away: I missed you.

Not so Good: things:

1: That little glove compartment door seems flimsy. I have my doubts how long it will last.
    2: Seat is not comfortable on a long ride At ALL. and my knees were higher than my hips. I have to find some fixes for this. It may be that I've been riding cruisers a lot lately and have to get used to a change in riding position. But I felt like I'd been in a rodeo after an hour on it.
    3: Minor nitpick but the engine kill switch seems tiny. Maybe its just me. I'll get used to it.
    4: Mirrors are made for someone that does not have a freakishly long torso.

Stuff to do: Get windshield. Get seat pad. Get top case. My helmet almost but does quite not fit in storage. Get mirror extenders I like the mirrors, I just want to see things in them.

[​IMG]
    The Virginian, CashCow and klaviator like this.
  14. Luparo46

Oddometer:
    I put a Givi windscreen on my Like 150i, the Alto. If you get this one, your mirrors will be mounted further out. You may not need additional extenders.
    forkintheroad likes this.
  15. forkintheroad

Oddometer:
    Was that the 6109 windscreen?
  16. Luparo46

Oddometer:
    Yes, I lucked out and was able to get the windscreen and the fitment kit from Italy and saved about $40.00. Then I installed it. A little bit more challenging than one would expect. That being said, I posted a few pics. Good looking setup. Also, I'm a short guy and the Alto eliminated the need for the faceshield on my helmet. Now I can ride long distances without buffeting. Although, my butt hurts after a while. I've tried to see if it can still be economically purchased from Italy, without success. Hope this helps
    forkintheroad likes this.
  17. forkintheroad

Oddometer:
    I have a windscreen on order, slipstreamer. I did not want to wait till Whenevertember on the Givi coming in from Genoa. If it doesn't work out, I'm not out much and will go with the Givi after all.

To anyone who managed to find the elusive shad mounting kit: does it come with a pre-drilled replacement for that dark plastic part behind the seat? I can see where the front two bolts connect but the rear "leg" seems to bolt down to the plastic or else it's just resting lightly on it, which seems iffy.
  18. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    the only thing that stoped me buying a vav van was the 6.5liter fuel tank...

MYUMPH likes this.
  19. forkintheroad

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Put the slipstreamer on today. It looks like it will work out
    The Virginian and klaviator like this.
  20. klaviator

Oddometer:
    It looks like some bold new graphics and a $200 price increase for 2020.

[​IMG]

It's also available in a burnt orange and light blue, all with the racing stripes. $2999 or $3299 with no doze.