Kymco Like 150i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by pnw, Mar 28, 2018.

1. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oil change interval is 1243 miles. I'm not checking the belt that often. Next time I'll check it around 8k.

I was only 5 miles from home. Got a ride home and came back with my truck.
    dp064 and minimac like this.
  2. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I called Max Motorsports today and talked to their scooter guru. He said I'm good to go on the recall since my Mag ring was already replaced. He said my scooter was the first one that had this problem.

I also ordered a new belt, rollers and sliding blocks.
    dp064 likes this.
  3. CROSSBOLT

CROSSBOLT Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are cheaper belts everywhere but NORMALLY the Mitsuboshi lasts longer.
    Martijn Wils likes this.
  4. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I have never tried an aftermarket belt. Pretty much everything I have read says to stick with OEM belts.
  5. minimac

minimac Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have tried aftermarket belts to save a few dollars. None came close to the OEM as far as miles. Never again. Knowing how Klaviator rides, the O.E.M. is the smart choice.
    dp064 and Martijn Wils like this.
  6. Dradder

Dradder Long timer

Oddometer:
    My first post here, though I've been lurking & following this thread with continuing interest for some time, found it to be a source of considerable useful information -- so thanks for that!

Does anyone here know, or even heard rumors, whether Kymco USA is going to continue importing the Like 150i after 2020? Reason I ask, the Kymco USA website doesn't list the Like as one of its 2021 models:

https://kymcousa.com/2021-scooters/

Thanks again...
  7. av8erdunn

av8erdunn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope! From what I hear they will no longer import them after 2020.
  8. Dradder

Dradder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info.
  9. klaviator

Oddometer:
    They may just be taking a year off because there are still 19 and 20 models still available at dealers.
    forkintheroad and dp064 like this.
  10. av8erdunn

av8erdunn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this is the case. It would be a shame to lose this great scooter.
    ClearwaterBMW likes this.
  11. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is a great value
    I love mine
  12. Dradder

Dradder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I queried K&N Motorsports, the Kymco dealership in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as to Like 150i availability, and got the following reply:

Good morning! Unfortunately we don't have any of the higher CC scooters on order from Kymco currently, as they seem to be experiencing some inventory shortages due to the ongoing pandemic. We do currently have a couple of Yamaha scooters on their way in, but it may be a few weeks before we see them as well. Have you taken a look at the Zuma or Xmax?
    dp064 likes this.
  13. forkintheroad

forkintheroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It wouldn't surprise me if they continue to thin down their product line. I like my Like, and amazingly have seen others on the road in a town that doesn't have a lot of scooters, but the nearest dealer is more than half an hour away by car, far more if you're riding that Like. Kymco probably needs to build its dealer network back up before it goes back to having 7 or 8 models on offer.
  14. Dradder

Dradder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Likely so. I'm fortunate that my local Kymco dealer here in Oklahoma City is 7.5 miles down the road from me.
  15. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about getting a Like 150i last year but the local dealer dropped Kymco for some reason which they would not disclose.
  16. forkintheroad

Oddometer:
    I was told by one dealer they were glad to be done with them. They only had them for maybe a year. I don't know if they are hard to work with or what. Maybe the products just don't sell in some towns. Another dealer said they sell a lot of Kymcos, especially the Like, so go figure. My next two wheeled thing will probably be by the big three. I just want a nearby dealer.
  17. Dradder

Dradder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wish any of the big three had a 150cc machine with ABS on both the front & rear wheels. Honda wants an awful lot more for their PCX150 and ADV150, with ABS on just the front.
  18. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^
    My Chinese scooter. Nearest dealer is Ebay or Amazon. :imaposer 20201006_123813.jpg
  19. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Kymco USA had a big change of personnel a couple of years ago and it caused some issues in dealing with the distributer. They are also not good a stocking parts so you may have to wait. My Like has been a great little scooter.....when it is running. I have owned it for around 22 months and it was out of service for at least 4 of those months. On the other hand I have ridden over 10,000 miles on it in the approx. 18 months it was available to ride.

I think the only reason Kymco is still in the USA is because they sell a lot of ATVs. If they only sold scooters they would have pulled out years ago.

They are bringing the AK550 to the states. I doubt it will sell but I hope I am wrong.
  20. forkintheroad

Oddometer:
    i haven't seen a dealer with a Spade or Kpipe on the floor, either. I did see a Kpipe sold but the customer had ordered it and they were getting it off the truck.