1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Kymco XTown 300i

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by JerryH, Feb 22, 2019.

1. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Source?

Sounds like a ridiculous claim to me.
  2. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    A few years ago, I would have bought a Kymco without a second thought. But things have changed. Kymco appears to be pulling out of the U.S. market. I suspect that all but the Japanese and Piaggio will soon pull out of the U.S. market because it is not profitable anymore. And even the Japanese are headed that way. Honda does not offer a scooter above 150cc. No freeway legal scooters. Yamaha has the XMax, and Suzuki has the Burgmans. But the cost of buying any of them is absurd compared to a Kymco. I think the Japanese companies will eventually drop scooters, leaving only Piaggio. People seem willing to pay a super high price for those. Would be sort of ironic that a company that pulled out of the U.S. market for 20 years due to crazy and expensive EPA regulations might be the only manufacturer (except the Chinese) selling scooters in the U.S. There would be no middle ground. Either super expensive or super cheap. Most scooters in my area are Chinese, and are used for transportation by teenagers and poor people.
  3. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Salth2ofish

Salth2ofish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, not sure how those “e” looking dollar signs convert, but that Chinese bike at 1600 less of them is surely way undercutting the market. I also recently decided against a Kymco 300 . I chose the reflex due to the availability of parts. Although there was nothing wrong with the K, it was going to be my first scooter and I had no idea what the maintenance schedule was or what parts actually go bad. Looking back 3 months ago, at 2200$ for a k-300 2013 model probably was a good deal. Turns out all my reflex parts have to be ordered anyway. Area Honda shops don’t stock anything for it. But experiencing Honda’s reliability since 1986, I am pretty confident I made a good decision.