L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Mar 5, 2008.

1. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that.
    This is why I feel it’s important to spread the word and that it might save a life if my experience can at the least save one at the minimum all I have gone through won’t be in vain.
    It’s a curable cancer if caught early so please guys get checked.
    When they did my first check (The finger test)
    All felt normal but it was the blood test (PSA) that found it and led to a biopsy where the samples confirmed it then they grade it. Once they remove the prostate it’s sent to pathology where they really see what’s going on that’s when they found how aggressive it was and if it had broke out of the prostate.
    Lucky for me it was still contained within had I waited another year or two it would have been a different story. I went the robot removal route and was able to ride 12 days after the 4 hour surgery, mind you it was just around the block but a ride is a ride.
  2. FJKai

FJKai Off Road Lurker

Oddometer:
    Donated and a good reminder.

Both my fathers had prostate cancer. One didn't make it even though he caught it and got treatment, it came back with a vengeance. Because of this family history and because my wife is a nurse, I started getting screened at 40. It's not fun to talk about and etc., but it's no joke. Early detection is a life saver for sure.
    Davethestick and KICKNBACK like this.
  3. John Kerry

John Kerry n00b

Oddometer:
    Anybody planing on riding this weekend? My father and I are planning on riding highway 39 with some minor offroad on sunday. Then on monday morning staging out at trestles and riding up to big bear. We have 250 dual sports. I have a 250l rally and my father has a klx250s. We are new to dual sporting but well experienced dirt riders.
  4. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some hecking good riding this weekend.

20190921_173034.jpg 20190921_131841.jpg
    BrockEvan, NSFW, Davethestick and 3 others like this.
  5. Calibrix

Calibrix Adventurer

Oddometer:
    7E403021-EEED-4F24-8647-C8EFDD81882F.jpeg Awesome! I got out to Kennedy Meadows this weekend.
  6. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Emmi missed alot of the story, let me add to the madness. We agreed that this area is some of the best-kept secret riding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    squr3l, BiggieFalls, NSFW and 7 others like this.
  8. FJKai

FJKai Off Road Lurker

Oddometer:
    Yep, Kennedy Meadows was awesome this past weekend. But cold at night already (about 38 degrees), but beautiful in the day, mid 60's-70's (Troy Meadows temps, not actually KM). Better get up there sooner than later before it's shut down for the winter. Hardly anyone up there either, Troy Meadows campground was like 1/3 full, super silent at night.

IMG_4174.jpg
    squr3l, NSFW, MrGadalot and 2 others like this.
  9. Calibrix

Calibrix Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Went up yesterday just for the day.
    DannyG likes this.
  10. llamacide

llamacide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DannyG and Davethestick like this.
  11. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    fun place to ride.. i used to do D37 BassLake 250.
  12. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since we have never been or had any information about the riding there. We actually based the route on a 2009 Basslake 250 gpx found on gpxexchange! lol eventually curiosity got the better of me and we just started freestyling our way around. Countless trails in varying difficulties which can satisfy just about anyone. Technical singles, wide-open smooth fire roads and even pleasant, twisty slab roads. The last 2 miles leading up to shuteye watchtower was a hecking blast! Hopping from one rock slab to another was a lot of fun.

Sunday we checked out miami creek ohv which was also some good fun. All the trails are interconnected with the fireroads running through and once you get out. The entrance of other trails are usually in sight. The ruts though really multiplied the difficulty making Greens feel like Blues and Blues feel like Blacks.

10/10 would do again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    VIDEO or it didn't happen. :deal

:dirtdog
    SlowerThanYou likes this.
  14. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Davethestick has like one of the few videos of me acting a fool with my tire stuck in a hole. I forgot my GoPro lol
  15. rider914

rider914 Agnostic Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heading up next weekend (10/3-7) :thumb
    Some chat over towards the end of the Purelick thread.

-M
  16. FJKai

FJKai Off Road Lurker

Oddometer:
    Yeah I've been watching the chatter. I'd love to go again with you guys, however I'm heading up to Bishop the following weekend for the big Bishop Dual Sport Ride
    (https://vcmc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=370060&item_id=1010368).

My wife is not a fan of me having so much riding fun in consecutive weekends so I have to "spread" it out a bit. I'm hoping to squeeze in one more Kennedy Meadows trip before it's too late. Maybe later October....
    Davethestick likes this.
  17. phixmup

phixmup ride'n 2 live Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Next time up there hit up Mike Gaynor, he's here on the board, lives there & knows the area like the back of his hand. My family & friends rent a house every Thanksgiving on the lake & meet a few of the local boys for a Saturday ride, 007 is one of the most popular trails up there, beautiful area over all. Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Davethestick likes this.
  18. THRASHED

THRASHED In your helmet, no-one can hear you sing, I hope.

Oddometer:
    Only one trip to Troy Meadows. We hit almost exclusively single track. While I'm not opposed to some single track, even some of the nasty, off-camber, root-infested stuff we found, I do like some more variety. I'll have to hit some of you up for info before my next trip out there.
  19. ianmp

ianmp *****

Oddometer:
    Anybody on big bikes this weekend? I want to hit some fire roads or two track, 50-500 miles, would be nice to have someone around to get a pic if I fall in a ravine. Probably skip open desert, waterfalls, King of Motos etc... I'm on a 19/17 coffee runner with 80/20 tires and a bad knee. Happy to ride with people on a tw200 or panigale, thinking about going towards Big Bear or Anza or haunting someone else's ride. -Ian
    llamacide likes this.
  20. phixmup

phixmup ride'n 2 live Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thinking of a street ride, weather permitting on destination! SUNDAY:1drink
    llamacide and Smittyrunner like this.