1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Mar 5, 2008.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    latest here is i'm scheduled to have a stress test on Oct. 8th. at the cardiologist clinic. still no earlier available date.

my primary doctor saw me last Monday and did another EKG test and didn't show any sign of concern, that's the 3rd test and they're all consistent.

yesterday, i had a "virtual consultation" with the cardiologist and sent me to get a blood work at the lab.

personally, i still have chest pressure and BP is high 158/84. all the medical people i saw gave me the instruction to go to the ER in case this gets worse.

meantime, while stuck at home and resting, i found the time to continue on my PNW RR.

big thanks to all of you!
  2. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you’re doing better. Can we start an over/under betting pool on how many minutes you can do at level 5?
    NSFW likes this.
  3. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    158/84 & chest pressure not good but not outrageous. Oct. 8th, C'mon folks & go to the ER if it gets worse? Ya if your able!! Rant over.
    NSFW likes this.
  4. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Curious as to why the Cardiologist hasn't prescribed you a beta blocker/Lopressor even though you haven't had your stress test yet. The stress test will reveal the condition of your arteries & any heart abnormalities you might have. It's about a 2 1/2 hour process, you'll be eating a sandwich & drinking milk during the testing. Hang in there Joel.
    NSFW and Todd157k like this.
  5. NSFW

Oddometer:
    that is if i survive!

from the web:

Although exercise testing is generally a safe procedure, both myocardial infarction and death have been reported and can be expected to occur at a rate of up to 1 per 2500 tests. Good clinical judgment should therefore be used in deciding which patients should undergo exercise testing.

i pushed and pushed to get faster service..........really disappointing. one reason they gave me is the cardiologist has reduced the number of appointments daily due to covid.

though i'm happy my primary doctor gave me his personal cell # and instructed me to call him if i need his help.

thanks Shawn. too many battles we're fighting this season.
    AZ TOM likes this.
  6. JAB

JAB Unsprung Weight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn Joel, I look away for a minute and you pull this? Glad to see you are doing better and my best wishes to you. I will join the circle around you and am here if you need something.
    NSFW and AZ TOM like this.
  7. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo Joel, you know I'm right down the street from ya if you need anything just holler.
    NSFW likes this.
  8. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    This is an informative video on using the SOS button on an inReach. If you know how to watch it at a faster speed, I would recommend that.

NSFW and Bullseye like this.
  9. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Wow, Joel...

The medical services these days are pretty tops. They’ll take care of you. Keep a strong will. You get through this.

Routing for you, big time!
    NSFW and villageidiot like this.
  10. zacnzoe

zacnzoe bustnluc

Oddometer:
    Joel,

Hang in there Sir! Very scary and unsettling for sure, but you’ll get through this! Don’t add extra pressure to your health situation at this time. Your family, friends and medical providers will help see you through this event, even if it’s not perfect and takes a little time. Stay calm(ish) and carry on, it’s the best alternative. Keeping you in my thoughts, and sending you positive energy.
    NSFW likes this.
  11. NSFW

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:ricky

i feel a lot better now after several days of rest. BP back to normal, should be ready to ride this coming Thursday at the Eastern Sierra Meet-up in Bishop.

i will keep the appointment with the cardio and see if something will show up.
  12. NSFW

Oddometer:
    socalluke, AZ TOM and villageidiot like this.
  13. Skootz Kabootz

Skootz Kabootz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Joel — with all you've been going through — you still manage to rise to organize and promote Pahrump?? Incredible. I am so glad you are on the mend and feeling better. Please do keep resting up and taking good care. Or organize a moto-rally. You know, either way. :)

Sending you miles of positive thoughts. Cheers.
    socalluke, AZ TOM, NSFW and 2 others like this.
  14. NSFW

Oddometer:

SK, haven't heard from you for a long time. sorry about being me to get you back to the local forum. thanks and i will be fine.

you know, if i'm not riding, i like the planning and organizing rides. it keeps me busy and chance to meet new friends. i enjoy wrenching on the bikes too, but it seems they are so needy and wanting more.

hope to see you down the road.
    villageidiot likes this.
  15. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Those needy fork tubes :hide
    NSFW, rjnutt and AZ TOM like this.
  16. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    These days all the tubes in NSFWs inventory appear to be needy
    Suspension
    CardioVascualr
    Renal (maybe)
    ;)
    r0ckrat and NSFW like this.
  17. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    TMI
  18. travisn000

travisn000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    https://github.com/igrigorik/videospeed
  19. isaac004

isaac004 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where in LA (I’m near Dodger Stadium) can I find ethanol free gas? My 690 doesn’t get ridden often so want to store it with something more stable.
  20. NSFW

Oddometer:
    IMG_8407.PNG

i have an app called Pure Gas