L.A.-Barstow to Vegas LAB2V 2014 Fri Nov 28 and Sat. Nov 29

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by RAZR, Sep 8, 2014.

1. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    Looks like the Bixby Moto boys made it to the finish :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    thank you District 37 for another great LAB2V!!!!!

I'm stoked
    [​IMG]

the desert
    [​IMG]

bottom of Red Rock
    [​IMG]

Gil Busick D37 route master
    [​IMG]

LA-Z-BOY
    [​IMG]

ice cold
    [​IMG]

Showgirls
    [​IMG]

the Banquet
    [​IMG]

over 500 miles in 2 days of amazing dirt gravel rocks sand two track single track forest road powerline road sandwash

see ya next year!
  3. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Looking good Charles, glad to see the ADV guys making it to Vegas. Will be watching SPOTs again today of those guys riding back.
  4. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics, everyone. No snow this year? nice!

It was fun watching your tracks, RAZR! I saw your low battery at one point, but you fixed it :)
    OK, get going on that video - it's been like 17 hours since you finished the ride...

:ddog :lol3 :rofl
  5. speedygee68

speedygee68 dirt eater

Oddometer:
    After checking in at the Baker Thermometer, I was about 2 miles up power line road when a boulder snuck out of the soft sand and kicked my front wheel. Twisted the bars to the right (sprained right thumb-no big deal) tossed me off to the left onto the ground hard...4 broken ribs. Got my bell rung pretty good 'cause I couldn't recall the crash. But the trusty GoPro picked up my grunting as I had the wind knocked out of me for about a minute.

A couple of awesome brother's picked up my bike and one rode with me back to the road. A group of Filipino Good guys called my wife, loaded my bike and drove me back to the thermometer. The brothers told my son that I ate it pretty good so he made his way back to the thermometer too.

I feel bad because if he wasn't hanging with me, he was actually pulling away a few times. 2 years in a row he didn't get to finish.

St. Rose Hospital outside of Henderson is filled with really great hospital staff, funny people and just all around a great place. They took care of me quick.

I saw the GoPro video of my crash. Man, it sucks to see your impeding doom. Stupid rock. Anyway, if I figure out how to load it, I'll show ya. But although it's no spectacular crash, the grunting in pain and gasping for air seems pretty painful. At least it might be for those of you who know me personally. Stuff happens. Healing up for the next ride.
    Oh yeah...ATGATT!!!!!!
  6. booger1

booger1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This was my first time doing this. I was able to do all the hard routes the first day, but after all those sneaking rocks, my arms where pretty shot, so I missed 2 hard routes on day 2, but still had enough in me to do Red Rock canyon, what a treat.
    Also meet a bunch of really cool people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. isaac004

isaac004 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rode from 430am Friday morning to 7pm Sunday night. 846 miles. We rode some super fun 2 track to connect 160 to Old Spanish Trail. Then Warm Springs, Mengas Pass, and Goler Wash. Then Trona Escape Route. Then some more dirt from the Pinnacles down to Randsburg (included Teagle Wash). Then Randsburg Mojave Road. And then some powerline stuff that parallel Day 1's tracks north out of Palmdale. Saw tons of rain still lingering so I took back roads near Castic Lake in the dark. Managed to avoid the rain until the last 20 miles in near Burbank, rained hard enough that I had to wipe my face shield off every 10 seconds. Dan (Yellow Pig) and another soon to be inmake (Mike) joined for the ride.

The LAB2V2LA. What a ride!!!! :D
  8. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Isaac the Animal!
  9. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    Speedy ,Sorry to hear about your OFF especially with rain coming bad timing sound like you will be on desk duty for a while where you on the big bike?
  10. RAZR

Oddometer:
  11. Tarded Jake

Tarded Jake Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HA I photo bombed you, my supermoto is in the top right hiding behind the bush!
  12. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    had a great time out riding out west! we did about 800 miles between monday and thursday (Las Vegas - Tonopah - Palmdale) and then the easy way back to Las Vegas. had fun riding terrain we don't see a lot here on the east coast (namely sand).

i have a bunch of pictures, need to sort thru them.

i did have one question, was the reception the only chance to buy pictures? i can't seem to find a working URL for what i think was the official photographer (grumpy?). anyone have a working like to the pics or are they not up yet?

boatman
    [​IMG]

this was the section right after sandy valley lunch. it was a ball buster.
    [​IMG]
  13. cwenger

cwenger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a blast doing this ride it was a very religious experience so to speak, really had to will yourself to keep going at times. I did easy routes then red rock at the end and was glad I did. Right after lunch there was a rocky wash that was kicking my ass, definitly not good on my klr and almost gave up on going over red rock after that.If you watch my tracks you'll see that I started to head to vegas on the road but decided to turn around and do red rock canyon and glad I did very challenging. I had the black 2012 klr and my chain came off right on the worst part of red rock and thanks to the guy who helped me get it back on. Hey Razr I was wondering if I would end up meeting you and it turns out that I did but didnt know it, I was the guy on the black KLR next to you in line to get pictures with the show girls.Thanks district 37 for putting this ride on for so long, was very fun and well put together.

My spot tracks
    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=08uE2QZibIxpR3LE8bbXJMMFZznItl7Hu
  14. isaac004

isaac004 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More like Yellow Pig (Dan) and Michael the Animal! Those guys were hauling so much ass on the Sunday ride back that I could barely keep up with their dust clouds. :eek1

That is a major bummer Aaron. Hope you heal up quick!!!
  15. RAZR

Oddometer:
    http://www.grumpyphotos.com

it might take a few days for him to have them up but yes, you can purchase them from his website.
  16. RAZR

Oddometer:
    k
    yeah dude. nice to meet ya in the showgirls photo line.
  17. Farioli

Farioli "just do it"

Oddometer:
    It was too much fun. I rode both days, reaching Las Vegas two days is a row (family was there). Thanks to the organizers, it is a fantastic event . I had the chance to say hi to some old friends!!!!!
  18. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congratulations to all the participants,

I was there picking up my son and 2 buddies. Their first ride in this event, gigantic learning curve for them.

I heard two bikes where ripped off in Barstow.:ear

My kid told me he saw 4 scooters out there, eh?:eek1 Anybody got pics of this?

I talked to this couple a few minutes, 53 years of riding together!:freaky

[​IMG]
  19. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plenty of pics of the majestic idiocy of the Bixby Moto guys. Their Instagram is full of them. More info here: http://www.bixbymoto.com/
  20. RAZR

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S2VcMl6W5bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>