L.A.-Barstow to Vegas LAB2V 2015 Fri Nov 27 and Sat 28 2015

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by RAZR, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Google Maps shows Arrowhead Trail that runs from Afton Rd to Rasor Rd. That's not too far from the 15 in some places. The easy route took the Powerline Rd. that's farther west.

If riders didn't want to do the two water crossings, there was a bail out clearly stated on the roll chart. It put them on the 15 for about 15 miles, then put them on the hard route again.

This is clearly a case of riders not following instructions or just being lazy and not riding a little ways back to the bail out.
  2. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tom, BLM has open route maps for all areas. The best way west of I-15 is Barstow to Trona to Panamint vly to Death Valley to Shoshone to Jean or Vegas.
  3. 1stgear

1stgear 1 down 5 up

Oddometer:
    There was a guy standing at the beginning of the water crossing telling riders to go through the reeds. I think he had the white truck. Don't think posting videos of riders going out of bounds is much help. But I'm sure the BLM was standing there watching, just letting people go out of bounds so they could document it, and there are people who will use any excuse to close the land.
  4. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know who was in the white truck, or who would have been standing there telling riders to go through the reeds.

The BLM was parked at the water crossing observing the riders and the situation there.

I posted the videos so riders could watch themselves ride through the water crossing, that was my purpose only. However, I didn't want other riders to think it was okay to go around the water crossing in the way they saw in the video, by being on the other side of the cables. That's why I made the comment.
  5. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    riders need to know not to ride off trail.
    that is basic knowledge, but it's also stated in the rider packet instructions AND all over this thread and the threads on D37.

if you can't ride through water, do the bail out on the roll chart.

those riders have jeopardized Afton for future rides.

thanks.
  6. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    At LA-B-to-V you were given a $10 Rocky Mountain gift card in your rider envelope at signups. (Rocky Mountain ATV/MC was kind enough to send gift cards for all riders that pre-entered LA-B-to-V.) If you didn't look inside and threw away your envelope or lost the card, oh well. [​IMG]

The reason why I'm making this post is because Rocky Mountain ATV/MC is offering free 3-day shipping now through Friday, December 18, on ALL orders. So now is a good time to use that gift card.

To read program details and restrictions look here:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/Free-Shipping-Offer

Please support our sponsors. They support LA-B-to-V!
  7. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    The above special free shipping offer has now been extended to December 21st!

Offer ends at 5 p.m. MST.
  8. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are the last of the Afton Canyon water crossing videos that my brother took.

Part Five:

https://youtu.be/qQsUWQdNzrw

Just make some motorcycle noises with your mouth as you watch and you're all set!
  9. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    While I realize Afton Canyon & the water crossing has been a fun part of the BtoV DS ride for years & I have done it with small groups but in the past it was never part of the actual BtoV race. Should be some fun challenging stuff west of I- 15 between Minniola & Razor Rd. East on Razor & pick up the course? Might be an option instead of trying to police a bunch of riders not knowing or caring whether they are off course or not. Whatever it takes to preserve this ride for generations to come.
  10. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    come to the Dual Sport meeting next month and tell Gil and Rabbit where they should route the ride next year. :deal
    Yellowjacket likes this.