LA-Barstow-Vegas 2009

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by RAZR, Aug 28, 2009.

1. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    so just to to get some of the L.A. crew the info and to stoke the fire about the best ride here in CA !!!

I will keep this first post updated over the next few months.

check the D37 message board and sign up to the board if you haven't already.

YOU WILL NEED AMA MEMBERSHIP FOR THIS RIDE.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES.

SPARK ARRESTOR AND QUIET EXHAUST A MUST ( 96db ).

FUEL RANGE IS 90-100 MILES.

HAVE A ROLLCHART HOLDER. EVEN IF YOU HAVE GPS, YOU NEED A ROLLCHART !!!!!!

the LAB2V is the days after Thanksgiving, on Friday November 27 and Saturday November 28

ENTRY IS $170 both days plus a $10 donation to TOYS FOR TOTS for a total of $180.
    HAVE ENTRIES IN BY 11/17/09 or pay an additional $15 for late entries.

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

it's a good idea to truck EARLY Sunday morning or wait til Monday because Vegas to L.A. traffic all day Sunday BLOWS.
    it took over 8 hours from Vegas to Lancaster with Admo Tours van last year.

another GREAT idea for trucking/trailering back is to have a friend/wife/girlfriend drive your truck to Vegas Saturday night, talk her into it. it's Vegas, shouldn't be hard to do that.

OR (this takes time) --YOU drive your truck to Vegas before the ride, park it in the New Orleans parking lot (LAB2V has a HUGE area fenced off), rent a car to drive back to L.A., then when you ride LAB2V you have your truck waiting for you.

SECURE MOTORCYCLE PARKING IN BOTH BARSTOW AND LAS VEGAS
    Barstow is secure at the Ramada Inn(you can park there even if you're not staying at the Ramada). there is a girls softball team that watches all night long for a small donation(i think it was 10 bux last year).
    Las Vegas has a fenced off area where you will park.

Your GEAR will be transported from Palmdale-> Barstow and Barstow-> Las Vegas for FREE with FLANDERS trailer. so no worries on packing too much, just pick up your bag after each days ride.

i just booked a room at the Quality Inn.
    2 double beds for 79 and only 10 dollars more for a roll away bed. split that 3 ways thats 30 each.
    it's on the ground floor in the courtyard area so we'll park our bikes in front of our window(did it last year no complaints).
    Quality Inn is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the Ramada where Friday check-in Saturday check-out is.
    Quality Inn has a FREE real breakfast , ie; bacon, eggs, toast, beverage. Restaurant for breakfast opens at 6 AM.
    they have plenty of rooms but good to be prepared.

plan amonst yourselves on who will ride together and who will stay together.

this post was intended to get the ball rolling and get the info out to the ADV crowd.

PLEASE GO OVER TO D37 SITE AND READ ALL THE RULES, AND POINTERS ON WHAT TO BRING ie; clothing/gear/tools/food/tires/etc etc.
  2. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
  3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap yeah....i can't wait!
  4. NSFW

Oddometer:
    just booked a room at rodeway inn for $58.96, 2 queen beds....:ricky

quality inn is @ $89, too much for a cheap basterd like me.

then on the 28th, assuming i'll make it to lv, we will be at the new orleans....:beer
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    joel

they also serve who only stand and wait.......John Milton, hmmmmm.......and sweep...............8)H
  5. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Razr. I am not sure how my shoulders will be by Nov. But this has been a ride that I have wanted to do for years. Keep me in mind for this one. I have family in vegas so I can have someone drive my truck up for the weekend. Then we can load up the bikes and drive back. Ben
  6. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

sounds awesome Ben.
    get that strength and motion back, cuz we're doing the HERO routes !!!:deal
  7. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Suzuki Phil

Suzuki Phil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What if I can only do the Barstow to Vegas part is that ok?

SP
  9. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes :deal
    costs a bit less too!
  10. sbbillder

sbbillder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AnySunday and I are in & have hotel room's. He's on a 950SE , I'm on a 12GSA.....other rider's welcome to join us. We won't be doing the single track....but we won't be taking the car pool lane either! :D

Any one on a big(ger) bike, you're welcome to join us.
  11. NSFW

Oddometer:
    i might be on your tail bill....:ricky

the plan is take the adventure route, no need to challenge myself, all i want is enjoy the desert and make it to lv....and have a great dinner on sat night...:beer
  12. sbbillder

Oddometer:

Joel, sounds good....the more the merrier. Maybe I missed it but what bike do you plan on riding?

Just a thought......maybe within this thread that RAZR started, a list can be created of those in the group that plan on riding & which route (read: size of bike) they are riding?! Might be fun to have a planned group ride within the event.

Keep an eye out for our group at the LA start.....to be seen easier, Anysunday will be wearing a pink fish-netted jersey, which will be tied at the belly-button....you know cheer-leader style. :lol3
  13. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bill,

I'm really interested, and trying to confirm my plans and timing to try and make this. My route may be a bit longer - it will be the Camas-to-LA-to-Barstow-to-Vegas-to-Camas route. Would be great fun to ride with you again!
  14. sbbillder

Oddometer:

.....yeah, I'd say you will be logging a few more miles than the rest of us!!

It'd be great if you can make it, should be a fun route/group. Keep us posted!

Bill
  15. BootDragger

BootDragger Motorcycles are the perfect antidote!

Oddometer:
    Last year some of my group did only the second day and they just met up with me in Barstow. This year everyone wants to do the whole ride. Sweet! Gotta get an early start so we can hit all of those Hero routes!
  16. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here, taking the adventure route with Joel. :beer Too slow FF's puttin' along the desert! :ricky :ricky

I'm up for an organized ride within the organized ride. Let's get a list together. Paging Mr. Razr, Mr. Razr please come to the front desk. :wave

-Rich

17. NSFW

Oddometer:
    :wave hi larry, that's what i call....ADVENTURE....:ricky

surely you two won't be missed...:eek1

i plan to take the 640E because it has an electric starter ....:evil

good idea to start forming groups. i would rather ride along with birds (chickens) of the same feathers :rofl , more fun and similar pace. also we're all there for each other just in case of unforseen situation.

we
  18. BootDragger

BootDragger Motorcycles are the perfect antidote!

Oddometer:
    I could possibly be up for that... What are you riding this year? Honestly I thought I'd feel a little more beaten after the ride but I guess I was just ampt! :D
  19. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rich and Joel. If you guys don't mind maybe I can roll with you guys? I think I am only going to do the Barstow to Vegas part. I don't want to push the shoulders. If you guys want, I can have a trailer hauled to vegas to drive us back to LA/Pomona? I will have to barrow a trailer or rent one. Let me know. Ben
  20. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding my `01 WR426
    staying over in Barstow for the return trip..
    Figure If I treat it like a 4 day ride I'll be fine!