1. eNewsletter Sign Up

LA- Louisiana that is BS Thread ---

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by HighTechCoonass, Feb 16, 2011.

1. longdude17

longdude17 Adventurer

Oddometer:

JW78, Im also riding a Tiger 800 and im located over in Port Allen, I have a buddy that has a Tenere 1200. We just did the first 1/3 of the TAT, and are fixing to start making runs to St. Fancisville to tweak some of the farkles weve installed and to get "re-acclimated" to the sore ass syndrome. If your ever interested in joining or BS'ing about tigers, PM ME.
    JayDubU985 likes this.
  2. Nicksterguy1

Nicksterguy1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If anybody is in the city around March 3rd, we're having an event from 6-9 at Auction house market in the CBD. @Sportsbud will be there, and if anybody is in the city y'all should make it too. All makes and models are welcome, trying to make this a big thing every month.
    guydecou likes this.
  3. DneprMT-11

DneprMT-11 i wuv fuzzy bunnies

Oddometer:
    I'm in Alexandria for the next few days for work if anyone in this area would like to meat up for a bear or two. Looking to eat some good gumbo while I'm hear if anyone knows of a good place......
    Thanks in advance!!
    dirty_sanchez likes this.
  4. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Even if you don't have a bike, go tool around at the old Camp Claiborne (if you ride a dirt bike, it's called Forrest Hill) on all of the gravel roads just south of Alexandria. It's a HUGE old military base with a ton of old abandoned concrete bunkers, concrete pads, and anything else that was too heavy to take with them
    . They do a National Enduro race there-plus there's a ton of riding in the area. Google it for easy directions. Another cool place is north of town on I-49. Exit at the Cloutierville exit, head west and then at the top of the ridge, hang back north. Then there's another ton of killer dirt and gravel roads to get lost on.
    mglsite, Bonafide Bob and DneprMT-11 like this.
  5. Specularius

Specularius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your best bet for a good bowl of Gumbo is at Tunk's Cypress Inn on Kincaid lake west of town a few miles. Although I would recommend the Alligator Parmesan at Tunk's. Another is Robbie G's on Jackson Street Extension close to the intersection with Horseshoe Drive. Lastly is Quebedeaux's Boudin & Cracklins on Macarthur Drive at the intersection with Lee Street. I find Quebedeaux's to be overly spicy and it drowns out the flavor.
  6. mglsite

mglsite Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too far north for good gumbo, you may have to go south to Marksville for that.
  7. Lâcher Les

Lâcher Les n00b

Oddometer:
    I'd head even further south than that for good gumbo!
    DneprMT-11 likes this.
  8. DneprMT-11

Oddometer:
    I went to Tunk's yesterday. Not too friggin bad at all. Thanks.
  9. DneprMT-11

Oddometer:
    It seems that way. I'll never give up the fight though.....:lol3
  10. mglsite

mglsite Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can get some good pie at Leas
  11. oughtsix

oughtsix Reverse Engineer

Oddometer:
    Gumbo is a personal thing. For me, it is made with the darkest roux possible, a fat hen, and NO TOMATOES.
  12. Motolucius

Motolucius n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all. Just got a DR650 up and running (first one) and want would get into some off asphalt riding. Been riding for a while, mostly big V-Twins and wanted to get off road and have some fun. I am in the Gonzales area between BR and NO. Does anyone have any good recommendations for some rides in the area other than the spillway? (Sorry have not read the whole thread yet, but will start working from the top soon).
    Hope to meet up with some of y’all for a ride sometime soon.
  13. guydecou

guydecou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Man,
    My name is Guy. I live in Gonzales on Hwy 621 by I-10. I ride a DR asa well and like to get out and ride as much as possible. There isn't a lot of off road riding around us, but if you go up towards St. Francisville, there is some good dirt and gravel road riding. I'm not new to the DR and have just about every tool you could want or need to service/fix one as well as tons of spare parts and lots of knowledge on how to keep one running and all the best upgrades...let me know if you would like to get together and ride or shoot the breeze sometime.

Guy
  14. Motolucius

Motolucius n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Guy,

That would be cool to get together and ride.
    I actually just stripped mine down to the frame and built her back with a few upgrades (PO wrecked the wiring harness and took poor care of her). I got her back on its wheels and running great and only have a few more hours of electrical troubleshooting to get the Vapor dash installed correctly I’ll be full on ready.
    guydecou likes this.
  15. oughtsix

oughtsix Reverse Engineer

Oddometer:
    hey all, are the cravens enduro trails open with all the rain?
  16. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    I passed a group of about a dozen Sport-Touring bikes heading eastbound on LA110 between Merryville and Longville on Sunday, March 8th.

Anybody here in that group? I wanna join.

I was the guy on the NC750X with the hi-viz vest over Black leather and orange and carbon fiber LS2 helmet.

Behind me was a guy in all black on a green Versys 650. We were westbound and passed you and waved.

Cheers!
  17. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    The trail system is closed due to tornado damage. Camp Claiborne area is open. Dirt was good last weekend. Should be even better this Saturday.
    oughtsix likes this.
  18. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    Call before you haul - ‭(866) 830-6467‬
    oughtsix likes this.
  19. Bonafide Bob

Bonafide Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    The gravel roads in Saint Tammany and Washington parish are in excellent shape, the light rains the last few days have the moisture content of the dirt just right for good traction. I have been out the riding the last three days and hope to ride again tomorrow. :-)
    Bob
    Paddle007 and dirty_sanchez like this.
  20. Sportsbud

Sportsbud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trying to remember if your on the XR650L I keep seeing on hwy 40 when I am at my families just south of Bush working on the Jeep...