1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Labor Day Weekend in Kodiak...

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by kodiakfrank, Nov 22, 2008.

1. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    That must be the "Museum of Cheap Kunts".:deal

Are you down in Tampa?:ear
  2. ColininKodiak

ColininKodiak (not in Kodiak)

Oddometer:
    Indianapolis, it was at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. Looks like ole' Redoubt might keep me here longer than expected.
  3. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    Nah.

Just fly to Seattle, bus to Bellingham, ferry to Juneau and cross-Gulf it. Or ferry to Haines, steal a car, and drive it to Homer. Catch the ferry and viola, you are home! :lol3
  4. CappyRidesAgain

CappyRidesAgain Nom nom nom

Oddometer:
    Want to ride in Kodiak this summer? Think its too darn expensive? Not true!
    Anyone wishing to attend this years Labor Day in Kodiak can easily, and CHEAPLY, reach their destination by following the "Spicy" route. JUST follow these quick and easy steps

* / **

* GS owners can afford it
    ** Ask about the KLR rider discount
  5. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hey, I just thought of sumthin. A bunch of you guys out there are in the Coast Guard and that means lots of boats.

How about you line one of em up to transport us land lubber adv'ers (and our bikes too of course) over to the rock for free. I pay taxes and that's how you got them boats, right? Can't we call it some kind of emergency evacuation drill or some such worthy endeavor? :wink: :lol2

Actually, for years I've been hoping to catch a wild thrill ride on the ol trusty Tusti as I've heard it can get pretty rough out there. Fun! Hope there are enough good tie down spots for all our bikes!

Fricken Frackin Frugal Mark H.
  6. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nono Mark, screw them boats. Thanks for the reminder, I was going to mention this a long time ago, never got back to it.
    See, KodiakFFFrank gets to cruise around on these babies once in a while. (don't be concerned with that eagle that was stalking FFFrank)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ain't got much interest in boats, but planes are another matter. Why mess around with slow, wet, leaky ass boats when ya got big ass airplanes?! AIR POWER BABY! Only way to go. We could ride right on to the plane.
    This should be nooo problem to pull off a little rescue exercise for some desperate stranded (broke?) bikers.

Aircraft intercom: "THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! PREPARE TO LOAD BIKES AND RIDERS! PREPARE TO LOAD BIKES AND RIDERS!"

Hell, Frank I still have one of my old flight suits if that would help, I think they still look the same too. I am sure you could scrounge up some others. As a 26+ year E-6, you have been there more than long enough to know how to do this with ease. :nod

Back on page 5 FFFrank sez..
    So I ask him....
    But FFFrank, the guy that has made this trip several times doesn't answer. Instead, Spicy sends me a link to the schedule and says it's 'about 190 bucks or so, round trip from Homer'.
    I wanna hear from FFFrank, he has done it. I had already looked at that schedule, but I am not sure WTF it's saying. I don't even know what I was going to say when I marked this up months ago.

WTF?

[​IMG]

Besides, I am not sure I can trust a guy that seems to have an undue penchant for slow bikes. I mean, Spicy already has a Ural, & then was lookin' at those Enfields.
    I just don't know what to think. :dunno

Ok, FFFrank, start gettin that hop lined out. I think I can still fling some ordanance out of that bird along the way if need be.
    Hey, you got some racks on them birds fer rockets & bombs don't ya? :thumb

Oh, where you want to pick us up? Emm, nevermind, we will let you know. :deal

Signed Sincerely, your former tail gunner, bomb lobber, cannon cocker, "rocket rauncher", & BB stacker. :D
    that wants another flight
  7. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    :huh
    we dont take your kind round these parts :deal:lol3
  8. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    if he makes it there he won't be aloud back here.:lol3
  9. ColininKodiak

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^^^I DO NOT MISS THIS PLANE!^^^^^^^

If everyone takes their front wheels off I can get them loaded as "Parts". There's a loophole for everything :deal Just have to make sure the 2 pilots who have F650's are flying that day. I'm sure they'd be cool with it.
  10. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    All they need to do is call it a "Tiger Cruise".:D We did one with the Navy from Pearl Harbor to Everett, WA.:deal Those coasites don't wanna have the Navy make em look bad............eh??:evil
  11. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    I wont charge these guys a bay fee if they do this.
  12. Tom S

Oddometer:
    WTF?! Ain't you in a military outfit? If ya ain't got no BB stackers who is gonna load up them planes with the good bad ass stuff?!
    No BB stackers, no ordinance, no reason for a military outfit to exist. :ddog

Why I oughtta...

.............[​IMG]

........ Rocket away!
    .....[​IMG]

.......... And a couple more!

............[​IMG]

Just for good measure, here's a few kindly rounds for ya. :shoot:evil
    Hmm, misread that. I thought you said 'aroud'. At least it would match up with 'rocket rauncher'. :D
    Bite me Friar, why wouldn't I be aloud? I excaped from that rock before, & some others that were a lot worse. I can do it again. :flip :lol3

Hey, KodiakFFFrank, you got them flights squared away yet? :deal :pot
  13. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    hmm...you drilled holes in your airbox to gain hp....just like a KLR owner!
    :freaky

14. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    Hey, that C-130 is flyin' upsidedown!
  15. Tom S

Oddometer:
    Oooh. you don't know what those are, do ya? Hehehe. :evil :augie

No P3's down there?

........+[​IMG]

Where is that slacker, KodiakFFFrank? :ddog
  16. RedShift42

RedShift42 Some guy

Oddometer:
    Not anymore, but during the cold war this was a hotspot for them. Some really intriguing tales of their roles too.
    Undoubtedly we'll ride out to the old Navy base site on Labor Day weekend.

-Eric.
  17. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    sonobouy launchers! :clap
  18. ColininKodiak

Oddometer:
    As an added bonus, the Kodiak Rodeo and State Fair will also be happening the same weekend. Shame I'll be riding all weekend since I've been practicing for this all year.:D
    [​IMG]
  19. CappyRidesAgain

Oddometer:
    I rode up toward the ski chalet, today. The KLR is a nice grayish red now.
  20. Tom S

Oddometer:
    Yup! :thumb
    The older P3's I was on were a bit different, not as many sonobouy tubes. I could hand launch other goodies out of them, like PDC's, practice depth charges. They had something like 1.2 pounds of TNT in them. I found out how powerful that was when a couple PDC's were tossed off a cliff into some deep water. Rocked the cliff. :eek1
    Maybe the second one set off the first one that didn't blow. :uhoh

Sonobouys.
    Came home one day complaining to the ex wife :sweeti about some problem I had getting a bunch of the sonobouys on to our bird.
    After listening to my rant for quite a while, she asks,... "What rank are those sono boys?" :poser