Lake City, CO riding info

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Kapstap, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Kapstap

Kapstap The job.

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I’m hoping for some tips/ info on riding out of Lake City, CO. We are coming to Lake City this weekend for a week of riding. We rented a house in Lake City. We have 4 guys on dirt bikes and 4 SXS. I did a week long trip out that way (Silverton) about 10 years ago. I did buy the trail guide by Charlie Wells. Any insider tips or current info would be much appreciated.
  2. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi

1 ... Read coming to Colorado section

2 ... buy OHV sticker

3 ... buy Latiitude 40 or National Geographic maps * of the area and STUDY them

4 plan your rides and have fun

Scott

* note

These are both high quality topographic maps with all the jeep roads, dirt, single tract moto and hiking trails all color coded for easy identification .

They are all durable and printed on a waterproof plastic type of paper.

Both are available on line
    Krang likes this.
  3. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    SxS will limit your travel. Typical passes from lake city would be cinnamon and engineer. If you head towards cinnamon, a few miles past lake San cristobal, take a left up wager mulch. The SXS's are ok to the top, then it gets down to ATV width, so ditch the sxs. Head downhill. Fun trail. Look for west lost creek single track on your right, just before a creek crossing. Take that up, then it becomes pole creek. Run that out to Stoney Pass. Take a right and head towards Silverton for fuel, or up to animas forks for a return on either cinnamon or engineer. Intermediate trail with a few challenging spots and some exposure..
    Burro driver likes this.
  4. AviatorTroy

AviatorTroy Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have some side by sides so that’s a good start. Just need some Texas plates yo!
    cmattina likes this.