Lake County Dirt blast

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Skinner, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    OK, Skadamo says he can set us up from his place to Grayslake. I can get us around Grayslake, Libertville, Mchenry, Crystal lake.
    We sart in Grayslake head around here for a while, out towards Crystal Lake, then down towards Skads place and finish up in his hood.
    This saturday, leave Grayslake 10:00.
  2. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Skinner,
    The place on 176 and 31 is the furthest north I know of we can ride off road. I've got us covered from that point south. That map I posted was a general distance calculation from Grays to Cville. Let me try to clear my calendar for Saturday. You have any dirt ideas between Grays and cville to spice up the road miles? I'll ask around...
  3. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    We are all set around here. If you want to ride here, we can can finish there!

Or we can do a big loop but then you'll have to trailer back home again.
  4. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll pick you guys up in Crystal Lake at 176 and 31 and ride down to C'Ville with you. I assume you'll be in C.L. around 11am?
  5. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Skadamo:

Any gravel roads down in your C'Ville area? I will be on the KTM 950 and will leave the difficult stuff for the thumpers.

Skinner:

Took a short ride yesterday. The heated grips are awesome! Thanks!
  6. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    man, I can't access this site from work anymore.:cry

:baldy :2cry :bash :gun2 :fishie

Fireman, I know of one gravel road. It is about 200 feet long on the way into one of the riding areas.:D It will be good to have you on the ride anyway. It might get tricky to stay together if we exit another way then we enter. I'll have to think about the route.

Skinner, I'll probably just ride pavement all the way up to your place.
  7. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Skads that'd be perfect, you start here, we'll end at your place then we'll have to road it home! P.S. anyone else going bring a swim suit, when we end up at my place we can jump in the hot tub to warm up.
  8. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Anyone besides me Skinner and Fireman?
  9. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Skads I think it's just us. Meet ya in Crystal Lake?
  10. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    I've never ridden with your group, but I'd like to try. I live in Lake Zurich and would ride to 176/31 intersection to meet you and then ride on from there. I have a big GS. Do you meet at a gas station or a specific place near the intersection? Larry
  11. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I think fireman will check in. Otherwise we were looking to go for a hard trail ride on my 525exc, skadamo on his dr400. Fireman would probably like some company on the slab/small amount of dirt. We could meet up here and there. I would imagine Lip will not miss a good ride either, so stay tuned, we'd love to have ya.
  12. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Skinner yeah, this will be fun. meet in crystal lake sounds good. You riding down?

Scalzitti, you have knobs on that GS? We do plan to get a little crazy. Ride out either way. Meet at the Greek resturant corner of 176 and 31 at 10:00?
  13. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    See ya there! Riding down!
  14. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    This is what I wanna see tomorrow Scalzitti!!!:eek1 :nod :thumb
    [​IMG]

This guy is loco! I love it!
  15. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Just spent the last 2 hours preriding the route. It is gonna be good.

btw...my cousin might be in too.
  16. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Talked to Fireman earlier today -- I may be in, pending approval from the Commnander :deal

I'll be on a GS too Larry -- so you'll have some company.
  17. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are meeting at Little John's Restaurant at 10:00, which is at the intersection of Route 31 and 176 in Crystal Lake. You will have 2 options:

1. Go with Skinner and Skadamo on their thumpers for some serious frozen dirt

2. Go with the big bikes BMW GS and KTM 950s on concrete, easy dirt and gravel
  18. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    What time you think you'll be done? I thought of trailering up to work (Aurora) then riding the KLR up. I rather ride the DRZ up, but don't want to be 60 miles from Aurora and riding back south in the dark (cold)!!
  19. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Nice! I did not know if you were still in...good deal. The loop I got planned out should not take more than 2 - 2.5 hours depending on how long we ride at each dirt spot. some will be a quick buzz through. One spot just went under construction and I found out last night. I hope they arn't working there Sat.

So, I'm sure we will mess around in Crystal Lake for a while and then head out on the road...4 hours or so total if you include jaw flapp'n?
    I'll PM you my address. I live on your way to the meeting spot. We can ride up together. I assume your coming up 59 from Aroura? The KLR should do what I got planned just fine. Might be a bityatch on the railroad crossing but we can build up a ramp. I've always sucked at RR crossings anyway...heav-ho.
  20. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice ride gents!

Did a few laps on the gravel then off to the roads for the big pigs. Followed the fox up across the Cheese line, then made it back before curfew. :wink:

Best line of the day -- after breakfast, two hours of ridding, and half way through lunch, Larry says to Mitch -- "so you're the guy I've been talking to about riding to Arkansas with next week..."

The 'net is so personal, yet so impersonal....

Hope you thumpers had a nice chase cross the corn an' beans.

Pics Rusty, Pics!!

kfs