Lake County Dirt blast

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Skinner, Dec 13, 2004.

1. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Kind of looks like Karl on that big pig popping a wheelie. I saw him do that a couple of times yesterday while pulling away from stop lights. Same helmet, but different color.

LIP

PS. I'm still smilin' from yesterday. Great time with the snow coming down on the way home. Some other Beemer (1150 RT) rider flagged me down on Rt. 45 and we pulled over and talked for about 15 minutes. Jim lives in Lindenhurst, and rides all year round. He was looking for insulated riding pants if anyone knows of some. Made me late getting home, but the kids were cool about it.
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    pics? :ear
  3. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I passed A bimmer on the way home, around 2:30- 3:00 near wauconda area, black GS I think. Anyone here?

It was snowing with freezing rain mixed in.

Skadamo, thanks for the tour of every illegal riding area in Carpentersville!

P.S. if you go out with Skads, don't let get to far out front he's fast off road.
  4. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Pics?

My camera battery is on the way out so I did not get that one sweet pic of the GS's on the dirt:baldy

Skinner and I turned a few hot laps around the Crystal Lake dirt spot, scoped out some of Skinners Bow hunting perches to be sure noone poched the equipment and then hit the road. We could not make a left turn on 31 to save our lives so Skinner decided we would shoot through an open field ...the ride was off to a good start. From there I think the KTM front wheel rarly touched the ground.

We finished the ride with coffee, saw some ladies that made sweat pants look fantastic and then headed home as the snow started to fall.

Great ride skinner. Grayslake beware, you are next.:evil
  5. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    I would of been there but: I kinda hit the "well housing" with Pick-up :eek1 while attempting to hook-up to my trailer. I was lucky as the well-shop was open on Sat. and the part (top casting) was cheap.

Looks like you guys had a good ride!!
  6. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up PM man, thats a bitch. sorry you couldn't make it.
  7. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    We missed ya Joe. See ya next time.
  8. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    hey joe
    can you make it Tuesday?
  9. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    YES- long as "the good lord willing and the creek don't riise".

I do need to be back to Utica by 7:00pm for a meeting. That shouldn't be a problem though so long as were done riding by about 4:00pm. I'll PM you will cell phone and we can discuss meeting place!
  10. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, It was a great day of riding especially coming home in the freezing rain and snow. I stopped at Mario Tricocci (spelling? I have never been to one of these places before, Supercuts for me!) Salon and Spa to get my wife a gift certificate for X-Mas and the girl that helped me owned a Harley and thought that I was crazy riding my motorcycle in the cold. I will have pics tomorrow!
  11. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    From what I've seen, most of those Harley "riders" cant ride when its hotter than 80 degrees, or when its colder than 65, or when there's a chance of rain -- that leaves about 15 days within that criteria to ride...poor bastards.
  12. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all of the inmates who let this first timer ride along with the group! I had a great time and look forward to the next ride!

Skinner - I was probably the black GS that you saw. I kept riding for awhile after I split off from the group as we all headed home. I wanted to stay out as long as I could - I knew the temp was going to go low, so . . . a little freezing rain and snow on warm tarmac is cool.
  13. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Skalzitti, if it was you you gave a little wave as we passed, I was orange bike with black clothes, orange helmet. I thought it might have been you. We passed on Fairfield road.