Lake Siskiyou, CA ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by SkiBumBrian, May 13, 2012.

1. SkiBumBrian

SkiBumBrian DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer:
    I had to go hang my helmet on the bars.... The one thing I would forget.
  2. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Whew! On another note I JUST tasted the marinade for one of the tri-tips.... spicy. But I like it that way. The one I rubbed will be timid for those so inclined.

We will eat well, my friends!
  3. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Not able to make this but it looks great. I hope the smoke is not a big issue have fun take Pics!
  4. cme4lyt

cme4lyt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Locked and loaded here in Walnut Creek. Just gotta throw the Husky on the bumper tomorrow morning and then we're heading North !!!

Sooooo looking forward to this weekend since I haven't had a long ride since the Mendo rally.

See you all 'bout 13:30 !

Rgds...
  5. Alleycatdad

Alleycatdad Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer:
    True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
    The smoke has been extremely variable this week.

Today wasn't too bad; a couple of days ago the mountain disappeared. Totally depends on wind direction and what it's blowing across on the way here. Could be totally smoky or even totally clear. Regardless, it'll be fun!

Steve
  6. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Cory, the Mendo rally is what put me up to this, I had a great time there and thanks again to you and Dean. I hope to see you next spring.:clap Sorry you cant make it this year but after my ride report....
  7. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Redding was socked in hard with smoke today until the afternoon... Im tellin' ya it was like fog. Hoping for clear skies :norton
  8. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Could happen. Totally rideable today.

S
  9. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Brian's here and setting up camp. Great site. Lotsa room.
    S
  10. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Well, we are here and camp is set up. The temp is GREAT and just a little hazy, I bet that blows out by tomorrow. We are thinking about an evening ride up to Panther Meadows for an evening sunset ride, lead by Steve and his son.
  11. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Have fun you guys!
    BigWan and I wanted to go, but the timing didn't work out for us
    (boring family obligations this weekend :cry)

take lots of pics and drink lots of beer!

:freaky
  12. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    Emails from camp! Pretty high tech. I hope you all have a great evening. I plan you join the ride tomorrow am, see you then.

Chuck
  13. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Enjoy the company. Eat well. Stay hydrated (whatever you definition is....:freaky). And ride safe, gentlemen. That is some damn gorgeous territory up there. For those not hitting the loop to the east, I recommend heading west to the north end of Trinity Lake. Bonanza King Lookout has some wonderful views. And the ride there ain't too bad, either.
  14. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    A few of us went for a little pre-dinner ride out last night on the pavement up the mountain. It was smoky, we are hoping for better today, but it was a great start to the weekend!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the old ski bowl. This is as high as you can legally drive on the mountain.

[​IMG]

The smoke did make for a pretty sunset.

[​IMG]

Steve
  15. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Some from today....Rode sweep in the dust so no riding pix from me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian REALLY likes oysters....in fact, I'm not sure this whole rally isn't just an excuse for him to cook some up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lost sheep return.... (OK, so I got ONE riding picture)...

[​IMG]

Back to the eats...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a great day!

Steve
  16. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Of course, since I can't ride today, it's perfect. Clear skies--the smoke is gone--and cool temps.

Perfect day!

S
  17. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    The food looks delicious, sorry I missed that part of the fun. Steve and everyone else who helped layout Saturday's route- you did a wonderful job. You choose dirt sections that everyone could get thru and but still had a little challenge. I was challenged by a street-tired front wheel that tried to lay down on the job a few times but I managed to keep "Thunder Thighs" upright.

The paved sections of the ride were fantastic. I hope I didn't offend anyone when we hit the paved sections thru the Eddy's. Those roads are just too sweet to putt. Brian, I know you put a lot of thought, worry, checking and rechecking into making this event as good for everyone as possible. I appreciate all your efforts. Had a great time riding with the group.

Chuck
  18. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Don't believe that for a minute. When Hop-Sing and I (finally) caught him, Chuck was waiting with his feet up, helmet and jacket off, empty gatorade bottle by his side....:D

Keep the street tire, I don't think I could catch you otherwise!

Steve
  19. WRC51

WRC51 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures sorry to miss this one. Thank you Brian for the work in putting the rally together, maybe next year.
  20. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
    Had a great time. For everyone who put the effort out to make this happen, Thanks a bunch!:clap It's not easy to do something like this. A lot of planning. Brian, if I'd known you weren't taking pics, I would have made an effort to do so. I didn't take one picture on Saturday, so.........that said. I'll add a couple.
    Right now, just wanted to let Alleycatdad know that I found his "sand pit" yesterday. :lol3
    [​IMG]

The sand here was DEEP!:eek1 I'll have more to tell in Day Trppin' for the ride I did yesterday. Look for my RR. No title yet.
    Good meeting all of you, I had a great time, food looks great. I should have stayed but didn't want to get back to my spot after dark and actually got a chance for a short visit with my brother in law where he works in Weed.