Lake Siskiyou, CA ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by SkiBumBrian, May 13, 2012.

1. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    Much appreciated.
  2. SkiBumBrian

SkiBumBrian DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer:
    I realize the inaugural SoJ rally is just over but am planning next years already... It may seem a bit extreme but totally doable.
    My idea is to base it out of the Trinitys somewhere, possibly Junction City or in the general vicinity. This rally (which its main purpose IS a rally) will become in essence a festival.
    I am looking for a resort/camping area that has access to cabins, tent camping, and a field/area of some sort for entertainment. I would like to escalate this to a 3-4 day event with bands, food{scheduled for riders and available 24hrs(well, maybe limited) for paying others.) and a host of activities. I know a few local bands personally and know of others that would more than likely participate for a nominal sum.
    That being said, this will be a fee based event, riders will pay for admission and rider specific offerings but others will be welcome for nothing other than the entertainment, concessions, and a beer bracelet.
    Right now I am looking for a sounding board from the riders. Dont hold back, tell me what you think and also ideas. A close friend is a marketing/advertising (genius?) guy and talked to him about it today. For this to work and pay for itself I am thinking 200-300 attendance minimum.
    Depending on attendance and entertainment costs I am looking at riders in the area of 100.00 to 150.00 bucks (food and stuff included) and 80.00 to 100.00 for a three day ticket for festival folk....:freaky Oh, and Hop-Sing, I plan on asking that band on the CD you like so well to be there....

Tell me what you think!!!
  3. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great long weekend. My brother is involved in blue grass music in Oregon. If you're interested in blue grass bands I'm sure he can help in some manner.
  4. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Always interested in entertainment and Bluegrass is always a hit, gets people dancing! If they are interested, send me an MPG file or some footage so I can see!!!
  5. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  6. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    I know guys this has been a long time coming but I have had issues with the size of this file and getting it downloaded to YouTube. My DSL was NOT doing it, even gave it to Glenn to download in town with Cable and was taking too long for him..... I finally got out of my AT&T contract and got a lot faster broadband now so I finally got this uploaded to YouTube. Granted, it is long but I had a great time with everyone and hope we can do it again this year so, turn speakers on with the biggest screen you got and enjoy our ride one more time !!
    http://youtu.be/aMMuJUzS_1U

100%

0%
  7. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
  8. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    It was great fun to revisit those roads, even in a video. Have to get back up there soon.
    I didn't realize I was holding you up so often until I saw the video. Damn, I ride like an old man.
    Oh crapl, I am an old man when the helll did that happen?

Chuck
  9. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    You weren't holding me up Chuck, we just had to keep Glenn reeled in! He LOVES to be out front.... Gonna miss him, he moved back to L.A.... Traitor!!!
  10. cme4lyt

cme4lyt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting Brian !!!!

Looking forward to the next one....

Rgds...
  11. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Jonathan, look forward to this year !! Ride on....
  12. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone, I am starting to do some of the planning and logistics of this year's State of Jefferson rally. I am thinking of camping around Junction City, it is a gorgeous area and lots of mixed riding and scenery. I have no definite dates because I want to run this past all that are interested, not only the area but timeframe. I would like to make this years rally a bit earlier to miss the hunters, or at least have the hunters miss us !!
    After I get some feedback I will nail down a date and place and then be taking prepaid fees, probably in the 50 dollar range. That will include camping, food 2-3 nights, beer and drinks. There are several areas to camp so I may just start posting different ideas, by the lake, wooded. secluded, convenient, etc.
    So, kinda look the area over, let me know if it seems like a worthy place, good or bad travel for you, etc.
    Reservations are wide open right now for our tentative timeframe but obviously as it gets closer some sites will be reserved.
    Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Brian
  13. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
  14. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
    Don't know the dates yet but put me down as tenative until you firm up the date. Thought I'd better get on the list since there's only 11 spaces. :D I'd like to see some more of that area. I don't know anything about the area but let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this. I'm a little ways away but I'll do what I can. :clap
  15. SkiBumBrian

Oddometer:
    Brien, there are a lot of CGs in the Weaverville/ Junction City area, that one just looks pretty cool, it is first come first served but since the rally will be after the kids go back to school we should have no problem. I will give you a call. I have been working on a B/C loop today. OK. I am getting some interest from the PNW regional forum so I am gonna condense this a bit and start a new thread here and there under "State of Jefferson Rally 2013". All of the new info will be there!