1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Land Between the Lakes Big Bike Route - Updated Tracks

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by KYwoodsrider, Aug 14, 2015.

1. KYwoodsrider

KYwoodsrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    UPDATES
    I went to the 2015 LBL Dual Sport Ride.
    I did not ride the actual dual sport route but spent the weekend exploring all of the two track and FS roads open to street legal vehicles
    My ride this year

[​IMG]

The attached tracks cover the entre LBL area. Plan on 2 days to ride all of the tracks and check out the lake access points
    The base camp is the Piney Campground on the south end which is awesome.

Ride report are more pics are here:
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/land-between-the-lakes-kentucky-big-bike-ride.1097024/

The Green tracks I actually rode and can be managed on a big dual sport bike with 50/50 tires
    The Magenta tracks I had identified to ride but ran out of time.
    I added "X" to areas that were gated or did not exist.
    The Photo symbols were lake access points I would recommend
    If anyone has any recommendations or feedback i would appreciate it.

Check it out if you are in the area

Here are a few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below are a few pics and a link to the 2012 LBL ride
    This is one of the best organized rides you can find with great trails and single track
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/land-between-the-lakes-200-ama-dual-sport-ride.825088/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mbabc

mbabc Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer:
    Thanks Barry. Nice Tenere!
  3. KYwoodsrider

Oddometer:
    I hope to see you at the Pioneer Ride next month
  4. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dam I wish I saw this sooner? We just got here and we need places to ride on friday
  5. samw446

samw446 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When is the Pioneer ride?
  6. KYwoodsrider

Oddometer:
  7. KYwoodsrider

Oddometer:
    Updates to the tracks
  8. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. KYwoodsrider

Oddometer:
  10. alpha.eightMG

alpha.eightMG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice tracks, I put them on my 610t and ran these this weekend. Good 2 go.
    drm likes this.
  11. Rescue9

Rescue9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I plan on riding this tomorrow (9/15/2018). Starting at Golden Pond and riding counter clockwise. If i don't hit the exact track, I'm not worried... just want to have a good ride. Plan on being down there at 0900 and riding all day. I do not plan on staying the night. Anyone else want to come?
    djadvrider likes this.
  12. Rescue9

Rescue9 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whew.... what fun! As mentioned, rode the bottom half counter-clockwise. Rode out 169 to scout out the group campsites. A couple of groups there, but it looks like it could hold many more. Probably going to tent here next time I go with the kiddo. 350 is closed on both ends, took 212 to Ginger bay as a side trip instead. Very beautiful, though rocky and dug-out as hell on some of the hills. 206 was a sweet ride nice and curvy with little traffic. I didn't go down to Piney, but I should have; I wanted to check that one out as well. Was SO HAPPY to see the visitors center at 229 and the Trace. Nice clean restrooms! Took 229 to 311, boy am I glad I was on a bike and not my jeep; very tight trails. 311 wasn't marked as closed, but it should have been. Washouts turned the jeep trails into single-track with lots of holes and valleys. Nice campground there by the dam though. There is basically no Tharpe Rd after the dam and boat dock area as it seems to have been gated for a long time and is all grown up. It is possible to get from the boat launch to 384, but.... it's probably illegal. There is a trail marked with blue blazes that wasn't too bad, keep it in first the whole way and you'll do fine as there are some sharp curves that you'll need to get around and then climb almost immediately. I just wasn't about to go back to 228 and hit the Trace if I didn't have to. I skipped 219 & 218, though they looked nice and wide. I also skipped 204 as I wanted to get to Wranglers Campground. From there it was a smooth ride back to 80 and Cadiz. Be aware though that there is extensive road work happening around Cadiz. Looks like they're going to make it 4 lane all the way. The new bridge is up and open which is nice, I was dreading crossing that old narrow single lane bridge. All in all, a wonderful trip. I think my butt found it's limit though. 7+ hours seat time from home and back. Total miles was around 225 or so.
    drm likes this.