Large CSM Hack, Small Schnauzer

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by davebig, Sep 16, 2012.

1. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Since you mentioned Fiat and Chrysler . . . .

Bought a Jeep Renegade a few years ago, the only American SUV built entirely in Italy. After a while the sunroof stopped working. Figgered there might be a hack to fix it so I went online to Google it. Gave up after much searching because all I could find were posts by other guys on various forums asking for the same hack to fix the same problem.

Next morning my brain practically shouted at me "You were Googling the wrong search terms!" Went back online and searched "sunroof reset Fiat 500" and BANG there was my answer right on page one.

:lol3
    steam powered, Feo, rg sw wa. and 5 others like this.
  2. CCjon

CCjon Gypsy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get in line, you and twenty other guys are lusting after my EZS rig. It ain't going anywhere without me. Maybe be buried with it if this Mexican beer flu finds me.

We're Here was smart in having the EZS rig built to his specs, but assembled where he could watch over the built, on this side of the pond. Is more of a credit to We're Here than to any engineer. The quality pieces were all engineered... somewhere, but the final build is all David demanding precision and perfection with his improved design changes. Cost be damned, do it his way was the rule of the day.

Can't take any credit for all the thought and effort David put into that rig. Was just the lucky SOB to be at the right place at the right time with the right cash.

Aaah, bailing out American companies, states and cities too big to fail will be the fiscal downfall of our government. Add the pandering to the masses demanding more free stuff, will only accelerate the decline. Printing more money so they can all grab gobs of greenbacks out of the golden pot will only hasten the collapse of the Dollar. There is no secret about how it happens, just every politician thinks they are the exception to the laws of economics. Has happened before in history, will happen again. Politicians will kick the can down the road as long as they can to be re-elected, never really addressing the financial debt they are responsible for creating. Only spouting promises to fix it... next year.... or after the next election... or... but they never do, do they?

There are solutions but now and here is not the place to dive into that. Darn you Dave, I try to avoid getting on my soapbox where important issues like motorcycles and sidecars are involved.

Return we now to our regular broadcast, ignore the above folks, all is fine. We in Washington are watching out for you. Don't worry, move along, nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for....
    MGV8, norton(kel), rg sw wa. and 6 others like this.
  3. ktmtraveler

ktmtraveler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey! That’s my hack!! On Tioga pass in 2015.

I’m thinking of selling it. With a little pain in the hart.
    We just have find a way to row it across the Atlantic...
    rg sw wa., Bobmws and twintwin like this.
  4. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Hell I was going to delete my post this AM but it looks like I'm not too far out there everyone's mildly pissed off most of the time :hmmmmm

I'm off to IN today to meet Whiteys buyer, If I spend much time with it I'm very reluctant to sell .
    It's actually more sensible than the red one and drives probably as well or better :dunno but I need to be more fiscally conservative :hmmmmm

[​IMG]
    Thanks again to CCjon and DRONE for their advice on selling.:-)
  5. High Octane

High Octane Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As long as your out and about. Can you swing through Oregon and pick up a Hitchhiker for me?
  6. FLYING EYEBALL

FLYING EYEBALL out of step

Oddometer:
    Whilst in Oregon you can grab my Sportster for me.

#winning
    Bobmws and rg sw wa. like this.
  7. Feo

Feo Commentator

Oddometer:
    Damn, Dave.

You should have given me a heads-up. If you came by here with a trailer and a handful of cash, you could have hauled several projects home.

:lol3
  8. davebig

Oddometer:
    Whitey's new owner seemed delighted after riding it , he owns a /2 Steib so it was like crawling into a rocket ship for him about the same weight 3+ X the power and comfortable to boot, what's not to like ?
    Always my goal loose my ass but please someone :-):-) no really I like the idea that he will be pleased with what he got and that's a very nice little chair and drove exceptionally nice.:-)

Luke you where or are correct again,one sorted they make a great all around tug.
    DRONE, CCjon, Bobmws and 2 others like this.
  9. High Octane

High Octane Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You got one of those fancy Euro rigs on order yet?
    Bobmws, rg sw wa. and brstar like this.
  10. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    If you take on any kind of project and not lose your ass when selling it you are in a very small minority. At least that is my experience.
    ErictheBiking, DRONE, davebig and 3 others like this.
  11. CCjon

Oddometer:
    Say it ain't true...... we hate reading this. yet we know you are right.:cob
  12. CCjon

Oddometer:
    DB, you deserve a nice long ride on Red, think long and hard before jumping into your next project. There are tons of rigs out there needing, even begging for your attention. Wait for the one that speaks to you.
    rg sw wa. and Bobmws like this.
  13. norton(kel)

norton(kel) He’s my President! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I heard since Dave had the trailer hooked up he was going to swing by and pick up the CBX chopper unit!
    Bobmws, brstar, High Octane and 2 others like this.
  14. rg sw wa.

rg sw wa. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pics some of us need pics..........
  15. davebig

Oddometer:
    CBX chopper :fpalm:fpalm:fpalm:fpalm that's a good one Norton I almost can't think of anything more awful :hmmmmm

[​IMG]
    Yep I'm hung up in the center on a nice rock lifted the back wheel off the ground, Whitey was too nice for this nonsense !

[​IMG]
    I walked up a bit further and the ruts where deeper :fpalm

[​IMG]

This was on the way down, after getting hung up and deciding to turn around it looked worse , road sidecar body is pretty low and don't ask why I linex pickup bed linered the bottom, I scraped allot I won't be using this road again with Red.
  16. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those kinda roads you might need a KLR with a Tripteq attached :hide
    Bobmws and brstar like this.
  17. davebig

Oddometer:
    Your correct I would have zipped thru there no problem with my old GS and have many times except the time I slid off a rut when is was muddy and had to drag it backward for 30 yards to get a shot at a less greasy path.
    [​IMG]
  18. SLACKER

SLACKER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    B07D9A41-E23A-4413-BC89-CEBB6F9B8DE1.jpeg
    I always wondered how well s Mobec Duodrive would handle stuff like this. They even have a system that has Low and High range plus reverse. I think one of our deep pocketed inmates should buy one and tell us how well they perform

Attached Files:

Dynamick, Bobmws, Hookalatch and 3 others like this.
  19. davebig

Oddometer:
    A trip to Germany would be just the thing paying for it wouldn't be much fun !
    Bobmws and rg sw wa. like this.
  20. rg sw wa.

rg sw wa. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You have the HP, now how to get it to the ground with little to no loss of traction.
    davebig and Bobmws like this.