LARR Version 2014

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by bananaman, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me and JohnD are on the way to the site with fish and chips in tow for tonights supper.

See you FF later:freaky
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    I've found his Baja 1000 thread and my journey has begun. By my calculations, by the end of the weekend, my journey will be complete.
  3. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    If you know about the Baja 1000
  4. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    You need to watch for this intersection right before you cross the river and go too far
    [​IMG]
    Sign says "lakeside North"

Then head back North to this speed limit sign with cemetery sign and watch for Johnd special sign[​IMG]

Don't be like Rick and come in off the scenic route from the North:)
  5. beechum1

Oddometer:

I've heard of it.
  6. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Il be there in the morning.
  7. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gayle had her back operated on last Friday.I thought if it wasn't too bad,I might be able to sneak away for a couple days.Well,I messed up my back Wednesday,and she is taking care of me now.I am pissed.I wanted to see y'all again.Much to BS about.May need to connect with you FFs outside of LARR.

Have too much fun and get drunk for my sorry missing ass. ARGH... Captain Morgan if you can.

Doogle
  8. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Pig N Out is good and Max is not Baja bound
  9. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear of this Doug. You where missed and you would have enjoyed it:freaky Maybe next year....
  10. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    Max (the dog) and I made it home in one piece.

Thanks to John and Laura for hosting another fantastic ALARR. :clap:clap

It was nice seeing old friends like Rick who hasn't made it for a few years. He and his wife, Chris, were our heroes for the 1st and 2nd versions of ALARR.

It was nice that we had some new attendees but we missed some of our old regulars and semi-regulars.

Looking forward to next year's version.

Max (Bananaman) and I are Baja bound in a little over a month for his ride in the Baja 1000. Would love to hear from any ADVers that are going to be down there for the race. We're looking for a little volunteer help.
  11. Nata Harli

Nata Harli Accidental Tourista

Oddometer:
    Oh yes he is! So am I. See previous post.
  12. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    I'll believe it when I see it:deal I'm betting he goes bankrupt or something else:lol3

So the exact bet is: Max is going to enter and race Baja 1000 this year in November on his GS

I posted up in that crazy fluff thread he started, I'd loan him a pair of better racing boots than his Wiseman to Tdf boots. You really are too nice of a friend Ken I wish you both the best of luck and extra support from the ADV helpers:clap

hope at least he makes the run after the race ends, going suck for him to hurt himself or worse yet to hurt someone else. I'd just ride the track for a bit and head out to San Franquisto and drink beer and eat fish taco, why race:1drink
    [​IMG]
    That ought to be enough Baja for ole Max and its a real nice place too.
  13. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    This was the most relaxing LARR.

Let's find a Northern Mexico place. Not too far in. No farther than Monterey. It's pretty far to Tampico.

How about Sota Santa Marina.
  14. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    My bet: He's going to be shitting in his pants when during the night a 1000 hp truck comes crawling up his ass at 150 mph in the flat straight aways. :lol3 He will also learn that those guys play for keeps and have no qualms about running him right off the road. :deal He should have bought a proper dirt bike and started training and racing every weekend about 5 years ago. :rofl ¡buena suerte!

Thanks for the phone message. Sorry I couldn't make it. Was out working, flying a bunch of cheap Chinese shit around the planet. Looks like fun out there at la cabina Throttlemeister. That pic of John holding a gas can over the bonfire was :eek1 :lol3
  15. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    how about Sota La Marina. I had a not so nice encounter with some Los Zetas chaps just south of there last February.

Is this Baja gig still on:deal
  16. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    The latest word is that it is but they are going to need some major help to pull this one out of the hat. Your services are required.

on next year's location:
    I'm thinking a little farther on South like the oh so lush and tropical Xilitla paradise. Would be nice to see you again Alan:freaky
  17. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    that was super safe 50 to 1 premix, I'm a damn professional:deal

Maybe one of these years we can have a do over:freaky
    [​IMG]
    Best damn Colombian wingmen you could ever ask for:devildog
  18. JDowns

JDowns Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer:
    What a fun weekend!

My thanks to John and Laura for making it all happen. I just made it back home to Northern Nebraska and it seems like a dream already.

Check out Señor Throttlemeister's victory lap around the bonfire last night:

[​IMG]

Or how about minimalist Ross. Pulls up in his late model hot rod Lincoln and pulls a Honda out of the back seat. Then after drinking tequila with Señor Throttlemeister in the hot tub until like 3AM he pops the trunk to his Lincoln, pulls out an inflatable bed and sleeping bag and crashes hard:

[​IMG]

Bananaman with his lovely wife Anna grilled the ribs to perfection last night:

[​IMG]

DaveG loves mowing and couldn't wait to get after it on the Throttlemeister tractor:

[​IMG]

Colomtnbkr Rick , DaveG and NataHarli Ken enjoying the morning around the fire:

[​IMG]

Last night's dinner prep of stuffed Jalapeños, spuds and ribs:

[​IMG]

I posted a couple interviews with NataHarli and DaveG over on my ride report.

Look forward to next year in Xilitla.

I hope to head down to Xilitla with Ross in his Lincoln next year. I like his minimalist style. I'm pretty sure my little Kawasaki will fit in the back seat with his Honda.
  19. BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw Comfortably Numb

Oddometer:
    As usual looks like everybody had a blast. Sorry I missed it. Xilitla would be a great location for next year.

I'm in for Baja
  20. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer: