Las Cruces/Southern NM riders

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by screwit, Feb 16, 2018.

1. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Looking for some local folks that want to do some riding. Super great weather this time of year. Lets get together, drink a beer and plan a ride!! Or a jeep trip:)
    EnduroAmerica likes this.
  2. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are a number of us down here. I'm currently a little lacking in dirt worthy motorcycles though. My tiger is a bit too street still, and my 640 adventure is in a bit to many pieces. Maybe I should buy a Husky TE310 I know for sale.
  3. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    thats ok. I have a BMW GS too. My old '03 640adv spent a considerable amount of time in pieces too, lol
  4. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    but not today......
    I would be up for some back road (paved) stuff, too old and worn out for dirt anymore. The Jeep trip sounds fun, lots of back roads in the Sacrementos.
    I'd be up for lunch in Hatch, Lake City, 152 to Silver City (overnight), Mule Creek, Alpine for lunch, Silver City (1 day loop ride) and back home the next sometime this spring. There may be a few of us Alamoans gunna do this.
    Branchbuster likes this.
  5. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Beautiful loop, 191 south from Alpine is a great MC road. I'm in, let me know when.
  6. vhortykho

vhortykho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a little dirt donking around the airport with maybe a little geocaching thrown in?
  7. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Always.
    I need to re-hide a travel bug we found in a cache on top of bishops cap. Shoot me a text. 649-3703
  8. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in Deming all winter until May. Ride a WeeStrom that I am not afraid to get dirty. Both of my next door neighbors also ride Wees, DRZs. I know SWNM very well and also SEAZ and 191. Been coming down here from Michigan for 14 years. KTM is at home so no real trail riding but any kind of "road" is good. You can PM me if you wish.
  9. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Let's get something put together. i have a loaner XR650 if we want to do some dirt
  10. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you want to do a street ride, or something an old tiger without knobbies can do, I’m in (time permitting.)
  11. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Let's do it. We could do the old standard. Ride up the old highway to hatch for breakfast or something. My treat
  12. Branchbuster

Oddometer:
    Damn, just saw this. Late now...
  13. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Never too late. It would have to be during a weekend.
  14. abruzzi

abruzzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah, some of us have jobs (for the time being) :-)
  15. Branchbuster

Oddometer:
    Next warm weather is March 3. However, If you have ever been to Sparkys on a Saturday you know that is a bad deal. Line out the door... Maybe Old General store in Hillsboro instead. If you get there 11 ish you can probably get seats. Best bet of course is during the week. I know that doesn't work for working people though.Dan and I usually ride during the week to avoid the crowds and traffic from gawkers up on the mountains.
  16. screwit

screwit One more time

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, we could meet the deming guys at the turn off on 26 and ride to Hillsboro for lunch. March 3rd might be tough, is the wifes birthday although she might like to come. Are they open on sundays?
  17. SteadyStare

SteadyStare Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    If you guys ever head east, I'm in Alamogordo at the foot of the Lincoln national Forest. Great riding in the cloudcroft/ruidoso area. Let me know if you ever want someone to show you around.
  18. Branchbuster

Oddometer:

You know Rimtrai105 from Mayhill? He has taken me all over the place over there a couple years ago. He lives in Alamo now. You sort of understand why we all don't know each other. No one rides at the same time. Retirees have a completely different agenda than workers.
  19. SteadyStare

SteadyStare Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I do know the 105 rim trail although I wouldn't recommend that to anyone riding anything bigger than a 450. It's a great area and not too crowded either, which is probably why we never met me riders out here.
  20. Branchbuster

Oddometer:

Oh yes. I was not inferring that a group be taken out to the Rim Trail 105! That is strictly KTM territory for me on the 500EXC! I wondered if you knew Rimtrail 105....an inmate on here? Only hardcore riders run that one . Can't have a fear of edges. A lot of area up there is nice riding. Too cold this time of year most years though. 8500 feet or like that...