Las Cruces/Southern NM riders

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by screwit, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

All good things come with time and better weather Grasshopper. You will get up there.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  2. dcwilcox

dcwilcox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Branchbuster, Thanks a ton for the suggestions! I've got some time figure it out and I'm down to my last day or so in that area for this trip.

As is always the issue on my trips . . . too much to do/see/ride and precious little time to do it! And I was really trying to build an easier, mellow, wandering, camping trip this time, lol!

Anyway, I'll be back in May to ride the NMBDR with some buds, so I'll get another crack at it then!

dcw
    Snake Oiler and Branchbuster like this.
  3. KrogothCore

KrogothCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, former klr rider and current ktm rider here in Las Cruces. Would love to meet some more people to hang out with that ride in the area.
    riabma77 likes this.
  4. riabma77

riabma77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My family and I are planning a weekend in Las Cruces coming soon. I was thinking to bring the KLR, so I will be glad to meet for a ride. (slow rider here, just in case you aren't comfortable).
  5. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    I'm not a super fast rider anyways either. I try but I have concerns lol. Anyways if you're ok with a little sand, I know a good route. I rode it on my klr, it's a good route I just know deep sand on a klr is work
    riabma77 likes this.
  6. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Hello, I've been trying to find out about a place called Aden Hills OHV area. I'm planning a trip out to the SW in march, and was wondering if I should bring my quad, or just the bikes. Noticed you are close. Any info on that place?...or others?
  7. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    No info on that but I've heard of it. No idea how to get there or anything. I just ride out in the desert somewhat aimlessly .
    rick danger likes this.
  8. riabma77

riabma77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I never rode in deep sand, but one day has to be the first!

I will let you know when we're over there.
  9. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    Worst comes to worse, you'll just have to dab and waddle the bike through it. It definitely is a different experience. I never was able to ride deep sand on my klr but the route I'm thinking of is still nice and worth the trouble. Just bring water lol.
  10. ridenm

ridenm Missing my emotional support squirrel Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Aden Hills BLM area is west of Las Cruces on I-10, then south at the Corralitos exit on B005. Turn west just after the overpass, and then you'll see a fork leading to a transfer station on the left, but stay to the right to follow B005. There should be a sign for the Aden Hills BLM OHV Area. It's about 2-3 miles on a dirt raod which can be a real caliche mess after rain or snow. There's a turn to the east for the staging area, with a steel shade structure. Note the direction arrow on the sign if there are other vehicles there. Set it if you are by yourself.
    Aden Hills is home to the Corralitos 100 desert race scheduled for April 13 this year. It's fast desert riding, suitable for quads as well as dirt bikes.
  11. Coastie3202

Coastie3202 King of MY Mountain

Oddometer:
    John, you know if I was there I would be riding with you. Also, if I was there I would not let you play the age card when it came to Jeep trails in the Sacramentos. You know how much I loved riding offroad up there. I would shame you until you finally threw an old creaky leg over the bike and join me. I would not however be willing to go up and ride when the trails are covered in snow. Did it once, got the T-shirt, never again. LOL.
  12. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    thanks! :thumb
  13. LC4Dakar

LC4Dakar Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. rpiereck

rpiereck Enjoying my Himalayan

Oddometer:
    Exploring west of Mesilla two weekends ago.
    PSX_20190920_231456.jpg
    dcwilcox likes this.
  15. KrogothCore

Oddometer:
    rpiereck likes this.
  16. rpiereck

Oddometer:
    I'm always in that area riding, I live in west El Paso. Might be riding around this weekend too.
  17. vhortykho

vhortykho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're trying to organize a ride in the area for this Sunday. Interested?
  18. rpiereck

Oddometer:
    That's possible, I am awaiting two friends who are travelling into Mexico, they might be here Sunday or Monday, I'll check with them, but I am game.
  19. rpiereck

Oddometer:
    I checked with my visitors and they will be here Monday. Count me in for Sunday. Please email me at gtpsanmusa74 at gmail dot com, or text me, 575-five oh three-7399.
  20. papa_j

papa_j Long timer

Oddometer:
    Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
    Any single track riders in silver city? I have asked before but I figure I will just keep asking until someone posts up.
    rpiereck and Snake Oiler like this.