Las Cruces/Southern NM riders

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by screwit, Feb 16, 2018.

1. rpiereck

rpiereck Enjoying my Himalayan

Oddometer:
    A buddy and I will be leaving El Paso around 9:30 tomorrow morning and riding towards LC. We will have lunch at La Posta in Mesilla arriving around 1130, then we will ride around the area, destination unknown. One V-Strom 650 and a Himalayan. Anyone else is welcome to meet up with us and ride. Text me if you're coming... 757 five oh three 7399
  2. 650sider

650sider Tiger 800 xc

Oddometer:
    I live in Socorro. Keep me in mind for day trips.
  3. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    my wife is a Artist and she is doing a show in El Paso November 23, 24. I need a place to park our trailer (it is an old enclose horse trailer) from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
  4. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really quiet down there. Is everyone letting a little 50 degree weather stop them? I will be down there mid January until May.
    KrogothCore and Snake Oiler like this.
  5. Branchbuster

Branchbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You are assuming there is such a thing around Silver. Everything I have seen there that you can legally ride is 2 track...sometimes rough. You can't ride OR in the Gila Natl. Forest but everyone would like to. You have to stay on established roads in there. The only place you would find single track might be on someones private property down there.
  6. KrogothCore

KrogothCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I go riding still on Sundays and Mondays. Usually in the deserts and arroyos near picacho peak and the desert west of there.
    sanderjavant and Snake Oiler like this.
  7. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello NM riders. I am considering trying to use a hall pass to head down to the T or C area to ride Sunday/Monday/Tuesday-ish. Thoughts? Good time of the year? Anyone want to join me? Feel free to message me.
  8. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    find T
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/tuesday-brew.608619/page-603
  9. MaParkerColo

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, but looking on the page you linked I’m not sure who T is?

My tentative plan is to ride Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday. I’ll stage out of T or C but am flexible. I’ll be on my plated KLX300 so minimal pavement and gnar OK if with others, I tend to be a bit more cautious when alone because consequences are higher

Anyone interested in joining up or with suggestions please let me know!
  10. chilejack

chilejack Viajero Viejo

Oddometer:
    it Should have said "find T or C denizens here"
  11. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
    you'll find the TorC folks at the TorC brewpub downtown, on brewsday for sure and most likely other days :D

ping @duggram
  12. MaParkerColo

Oddometer:
    Ah, it all becomes clear! Thanks for the info. Now a kid with a 102F fever may be putting a crimp in my plans...Hopefully he will rebound for tomorrow, if not may have re-schedule.