LAS VEGAS - Recommend a place that can offload a bike?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by CaseyJones, Oct 31, 2019.

1. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    I'm bringing a bike down via pickup truck to the Vegas area, to stage for a winter trip south.

Here, close to home, I have a shop with a lift that can load it, no sweat, no charge.

In Vegas? Anyone know a place that can get it off, reasonably carefully? Without a makeshift ramp that crushes the pipes underneath? Bike is a Versys X-300.

A shop charge for this is...okay. Not ideal, but okay. Other solutions, such as concrete loading ramps I can back up against, also will work. Again, here at home, there's the rubble of an old railroad freight station, with all the concrete pourings in place. Lot is now owned by the NAPA shop and they don't care if ATV owners or riders use that ramp. Any place similar in Sin City?
  2. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    What does that bike weigh? 400lbs? Seems like 2 healthy guys could unload it pretty easy-peasy? No??

I had a custom hardley once that broke down on every ride. I learned how to load it in my truck using the crub and a ramp
    . It was heavy at about 5oolbs.

Isn't a Versys kinda tall? A ramp should be fine I would think? Unless your driving a "Brodozer"
  3. CaseyJones

Oddometer:
    Didn't pan out.

Plan fell through. I'm back to my open trailer...looks like there's five dry days, but I sure don't want to get that Versys full of salt-spray.
  4. CaseyJones

Oddometer:
    Didn't know what the truck would be. I scored a deal (I thought) with a national rental company. The manager said he'd cut me a deal, since he needed trucks moved to the Southwest for the winter.

But...I guess what he thinks a reservation is, and what I think it is, are two different things. Time comes, and he's bumped me into a four-door Frontier, with a teacup bed. Not happening.

I suppose two twentysomethings could lift a Versys X, which weighs 380 pounds. Not me; I have a bad hip (broken years ago) and back problems. One reason I like the relatively-light little Versys.
  5. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you get it down here to Vegas and I am home, let me know. I'll unload it for you. That is a light bike.
    BIG-E likes this.
  6. CaseyJones

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but I used my mesh-bottom trailer with an attached ramp.

Already got it down.

IMG_0028.JPG
    Chillis likes this.