Last minute COBDR North to South starting this week

Discussion in 'Americas' started by norths03, Jun 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm making a last minute call to ride the COBDR North to South starting this week. I'll be solo and will be setup to do a mix of camping and moteling depending on weather. I've done most of the COBDR over the last few years but as parts of other rides. The plan is to leave Denver the afternoon of Tuesday, June 30th or Wednesday, July 1st, stay with a friend in Fort Collins that night and then start the BDR the next day. I'm supposed to meet riding friends in Telluride on the way down around the 7th or 8th. No expectations with it being so last minute but if anyone else is riding or considering it and wants someone to ride with let me know.

- Scott
  2. ninjaturtle99

ninjaturtle99 n00b

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your ride Scott. I've got it scheduled come Aug 10th. Would love to see pics and hear about your story. Ride safe and enjoy!
    norths03 likes this.
  3. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! If I'm solo I'm not sure there will be many pictures but I'll try to take at least a few.
  4. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For anyone else considering it I'm working my way down the list of passes. So far it looks like Hagerman and Weston Passes are still closed so those will require a detour. Haven't found any others that are closed yet. The Silverton, Ouray, Telluride area looks pretty clear other than Black Bear.
  5. foxton

foxton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be coming into silverstone on the 9th, denver on the 10th / 11th, and up to laramie to cody as a part of my own trip! Maybe I'll see you guys riding around there.
  6. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you mean Silverton? If so we may cross paths. Once we setup base camp on the 8th or so the plan is to just ride and explore for the next week.
  7. foxton

foxton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    unfortunately no, I did mean silverthorne, the big lake ski resort town. I will be setting up camp at heaton bay, then will spend time doing the arapaho & roosevelt nat park alongside with rocky mountain nat park, making my way into denver to meet up with a friend from college.
  8. foxton

foxton Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ah, gotcha. I've lived in Silverthorne for a while. You said Silverstone which is why I was confused. There is some great riding up in the mountains between Breckenridge, Montezuma, and Grant depending on how rowdy you want to get. That's where my avatar picture is from. Not sure what's open up there yet but we have had a decent early melt in most places. There's also a pretty nice forest road (16 to 117) just south of Nederland that will take you up to the old Needles's Eye Tunnel and Rollins pass on the east side. The tunnel is closed but you can explore and hike around there a bit.
  10. foxton

foxton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    oof! im an idiot. sorry about that, yeah silverthorne
  11. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haggerman opened on Tuesday. I had just come over Weston and decided not to do haggerman, thought it would be to muddy, how was it for you? 1191896499.jpg
  12. norths03

norths03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice! I got delayed a couple of days with work and a few extra bike fixes (added Tubliss, etc.) but since I'm solo no big deal. I'm leaving today which should help me avoid some weather on Saturday. According to the Lake County website they opened Weston but have not opened Hagerman. They're usually pretty good about updates. Glad to hear I might be able to give it a try though. How muddy was Weston?

http://www.lakecountyco.com/roadandbridge/
  13. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weston was dry. Rough but dry. If your timing works out the Weston Pass campground looks great. Only one camper in there when I stopped for a break.