Latest update version of TFT

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Bikerboy108, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    Anyone know the latest version of the TFT software??? Anyone get it updated??
  2. toolfooldan

toolfooldan Need a witty/profound phrase to put here...

Oddometer:
    Inmate Blueeyedme recently posted his 600 mile service included TFT update to 001_019_180.
  3. johnread

johnread Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine is 001_011_081 on my 2018 R1200GSA and dealer indicated no update called for at my 6k service a couple of weeks ago.
  4. Bikerboy108

Bikerboy108 Pat from Jersey

Oddometer:
    Not computer software savvy which of the two above is latest version??
  5. AndyTAZ

AndyTAZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do you check? BTW it's home of the Jersey Barrier; lived at NJT exit 9 for 26 years
  6. Tremblay

Tremblay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Semantics. This just means that BMW didn't mark the upgrade as mandatory. Not that there isn't newer software available. Flashing the TFT regularly takes over an hour, and I think most dealers don't want to spend the time. I've had success getting them to do updates as a warranty action due to BT drop outs.

001_019_180
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  7. FieldSanitation

FieldSanitation Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    revisions for software usually have 2 or 3 denominators depending on how many patches you plan on having between MINOR upgrades and MAJOR upgrades. So the first number is usually the VERSION, which takes MAJOR updates to change the number. 001 means we are still on the first version of the baseline. But the second set of numbers is the MINOR versions, so that's where the updates to software, bug fixes, kinda big things, but not baseline change worthy. and the third set is the little tweaks and patches and very specific nuance tracking numbers that allow the software engineers to see what code fixes were added within those MINOR patches.

so if you are on windows 10, and you click START and type WINVER and hit enter, it will tell you which version you are on... I am currently on Version 1703, and then it says OS BUILD 15063.1689.... heavier and deeper into the coding, but basically the same exact thing.
  8. swiss-happy

swiss-happy Happy Joe

Oddometer:
    Can someone post the latest version number they know?
    Today is 26 Aug 2019.
  9. toolfooldan

toolfooldan Need a witty/profound phrase to put here...

Oddometer:
    I'm at 001-019-180, as of about 2 months ago during 6K service. This was, at that time, the latest version per the dealership, and it was also the painfully long 4 hour mega-update. The prior version on my 2018 GS did not have the Enduro Pro software (i.e. software to change Enduro Pro default settings). The 001-190-180 version took care of that.

So is this the latest version? I don't know. For some reason, it seems, the Beemer bosses want to keep this shit cloaked in secrecy.
    deadflagblues likes this.
  10. Dug89

Dug89 Amenmoto.com

Oddometer:
    I got the update to 001-019-180 back in June. As far as I know this is the latest.

Two things:

- The dealers don't want to do this uprev because they lose money. It takes 2 hours to do the install and they only get paid for a 1/2 hour from BMW to do the update as part of warranty work. The bike takes up a slot in the shop where they cannot use that bench for working on another bike. They just don't like like to do it.

- Give them a warrantable reason for doing the uprev. Tell them you have connectivity problems with the NAV and Phone. This gives them a reason to get approval from the mothership for the 1/2 hour rebate. Try to schedule the upgrade when you have the bike in for other service so they don't have dead time on the bench.

Remember that you may lose your pairings.

Hope this helps.
  11. wellcraft

wellcraft Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You sure about this^^^^I just had the latest firmware update about a week ago and my dealership has a place set aside to complete the download and it didn't interfere with any of their service bays. I also had no issue getting it scheduled, called the dealership, they said bring it in, and gave me a loaner to take out so I didn't have to hang around the dealership for 3 hours.
  12. Dug89

Dug89 Amenmoto.com

Oddometer:
    You are fortunate to have a forward thinking dealer. I have heard about some pushback from some dealers with installing firmware upgrades and my experience with my dealer. I was only offered coffee while I waited. Just sayin....
  13. wellcraft

wellcraft Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a great BMW dealership, Hermys BMW, that always goes out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. I've never had an issue getting any service or warranty work completed other than having to wait a week to schedule an appointment because they're busy. If they have a loaner they'll have it ready for you to ride as soon as you arrive, doesn't cost you a cent but they do ask that you return it with the same amount of fuel it had when you picked it up.
  14. NoiZboy

NoiZboy Dirt to Track and Back Again

Oddometer:
    I just got my bike back today (8/31) and can confirm the current version is still 001-019-180. Dealer said the update notes specifically mention Bluetooth improvements. The Bluetooth performed perfectly during a little test ride I did near the dealership, after I'd turned the bike off and came back to it, and for the 1.5+ hour ride I took on my way back home. Definitely made a difference for me.

UPDATE: A few days after this post I started having problems again with the BT (see my posts in the "TFT Megathread" topic). Have decided to move on from trying to get BT to work with my setup through the TFT, and am using the Nav VI as the BT hub. So far the Nav VI is much more stable & I don't miss the wonderhweel integration at all.
    swiss-happy likes this.
  15. NoiZboy

Oddometer:
    UPDATE: A second update with some potential good news...

After all of my efforts with the iPhone 6, as if on cue the phone itself started developing other problems (GPS stopped working, screen started failing). It's a 5+ year old phone, so I wasn't too disappointed, although I had been hoping to wait for a 5G iPhone. With my new phone problems, though, I ended up getting an iPhone 11 Pro over the weekend. It's a great phone and I'm very happy with it so far - especially the 3-lense camera.

Since I had a new phone, I went ahead and tried running it through the TFT. And - miracle of miracles - for five days now it's been very solid! Way more reliable than the TFT/Nav VI/UClear combo ever was with an iPhone 6.

The iPhone 6 ran BT 4.0. The iPhone 11 is on BT 5.0, so maybe that's the difference, but of course also the CPU in the iPhone 11 is WAY more powerful than an iPhone 6. Whatever the reason, this setup is entirely usable and downright reliable. I'm going to keep running it and will report back again, but in the meantime wanted to say a bit of hope has been restored.
  16. NoiZboy

Oddometer:
    To follow up from last night, my new phone worked flawlessly with the TFT all week, including one day where I intentionally let my UClear headset run itself until its battery died. The TFT recognized and worked with everything just fine the next day when I recharged. Took the bike out all day today - stopping & starting, walking away from the bike with BT running to take a quick picture, stopping and starting a lot while doing some parking lot training, playing music, getting GPS directions from the phone, music interruptions due to lack of cell service in the mountains, leaving the BT on between bike starts, turning it off between others. Nothing upset the connection between the TFT, Nav VI, iPhone, and Bluetooth. I could always just restart the music once I was in range/back on/whatever and my setup worked perfectly all day. I also had consistent control over the music, could access my library, etc. without issue. I think I've found a working solution: iPhone 11 Pro, current TFT software, UClear Amp headset. Woohoo!
    Logecho and FieldSanitation like this.
  17. greper

greper n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I had a service yesterday. Asked the dealer to check if there was an update as I still get the paired Bluetooth devices disappearing. They did the update which is now 021_004_040 and seems very new. Anybody know this version and what changes it brings?
  18. ADV4U

ADV4U Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Updated today, latest version is:
    021_104_20

Attached Files:

19. Miki_Sporonja

Miki_Sporonja n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, this video shows same version:

20. ADV4U

ADV4U Adventurer