Latin America - many decisions to make

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by crashmaster, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    This is kind of what I thought, too. It must be an emergency strip. I bet that, in a pinch, they could get a Mirage in and out of there. It could also have been for in case they needed to evacuate Rio Grande, or even to evacuate TO Rio Grande. Like if Buenos Aires was getting hit by the Brits. It's not like there aren't a few people in Argentina with evacuation experience.

Realizing what I was riding on when I got about halfway down it, I was, like, huh? Was Eisenhower here?
  2. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    JB

Gracias amigo, saludos desde MExico

Damasovi
  3. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Thought I would finish up this thread as I'm taking off in a couple of hours. One thing that none of you mentioned is what would happen to my bags the night before departure.:rofl

I didnt have any idea that my soft bags could hold so much crap. All of a sudden last night my bags got heavier. Strange phenomenon. I think I just have to go back in the garage and start getting rid of shit or I'll leave a trail of crap from here to southern Mexico. :bash

and the adventure begins......
  4. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would take what you have in the bag and "shed" some weight as you go along. You never know when you might have to give someone a "gift" for helping you with repairs or directions. Good luck and ride safe.
  5. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Espero que tenga un buen viaje!
  6. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Crash master

Mucha suerte y éxito en tu viaje!

Luck and success in you trip amigo!!

Damasovi
  7. danielshell

danielshell n00b

Oddometer:
    so what did you decide on in the end?
    I am riding south, at the mo I am in Costa Rica, leaving here in a week or so , Panama, then Colombia...where are you now dude?I am searching for a companion..paved roads only as I am on a Harley (sorry)
    Dan
  8. Nicolasleon

Nicolasleon Gnarly F5er

Oddometer:
    Hi Mate, I recommend that you take a look at this post: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506391

You may take some time to have a look at the 2010 Dakar rallye edition! remember it is going to be in the fist 15 days in Argentina & Chile in their central-northern areas.

Good Luck!!!

BTW: dont worry about the quality of the fuel in Chile and Argentina, both countries have good quality gasoline.