1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

LBS-Sidecars USA | AWESOME HACKS at an Impromptu Mini-Rallye ! ! !

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by LBS-USA, Mar 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mini Sidecar Rallye at LBS-Sidecars USA!

Wasn't planned, but I had the unexpected pleasure of hosting an impromptu sidecar mini-rallye at LBS-Sidecars a couple of days ago. Some pretty cool rigs to include perhaps the most sophisticated sidecar in all of the Americas (if there is another out there, let me know!), the latest URAL Limited Edition Gear Up, and outfits built in the Netherlands, Germany, Russia, and right here in the USA!

In the foreground, my latest addition to the stable, a 2021 URAL +GEO Limited Edition Gear Up. Perhaps the most outrageous commercially-produced sidecar ever. Only 20 were produced for markets in North America and Japan. Mine is unique as it has a black ceramic-coated GPR 2-into-1/hi-pipe exhaust system (more on the +GEO in a future post).

In the background, perhaps the coolest most awesomely ADV-focused sidecar available in the world today, Helge Pedersen's MOBEC DuoDrive EVO (link to the MOBEC product page is appended for those that want to learn more):

20210327_mini_rally_01.jpg

Another view of these two awesome rigs (there are additional accessories that came as part of the +GEO that I have not had the time to install yet):

20210327_mini_rally_02.jpg

Pre-flight for flying the chair! This robustly-engineered R1150GSA/URAL rig was built for one of our very own ( @GR8ADV ) at my favorite URAL dealership, Raceway Services in Salem, OR. Raceway did the design, fabrication and assembly of the mechanicals", and it's now in my shop for the brake system and "electricals". Sidecar has a 17" BMW Cross-Spoke wheel and Touratech shock absorber):

20210327_mini_rally_03.jpg

GlobeRiders.com founder, photographer, and author/photographer of "10 Years on 2 Wheels" Helge Pedersen sets up for the photo-shoot:

20210327_mini_rally_04.jpg

Me 'n' me +GEO! Will be doing an accessorization build thread soon, but for now, it will sit in storage for a bit, have a DMC rig in for repair and @GR8ADV 's rig in for final build-out, clients first [photo courtesy of and copyright of Helge Pedersen]!:

20210327_mini_rally_05.jpg

The "high ladder" shot of the gathering. From front to rear: (1) R1150GSA/URAL rig built by Raceway URAL - Salem, OR USA, (2) R1200GSA TwinCam/LBS GS+URAL rig built by LBS, Netherlands and LBS USA in WA State, (3) URAL +GEO Limited Edition Gear Up built by IMZ-URAL, Russia/USA, (4) R1200GSA-LC/MOBEC DuoDrive EVO rig built in Germany, (5) R1200GSA TwinCam/SBW/STEPLER rig built by LBS-USA [photo courtesy of and copyright of Helge Pedersen]]:

20210327_mini_rally_06.jpg

[Remaining photos courtesy of and copyright of Helge Pedersen]:

20210327_mini_rally_07.jpg

20210327_mini_rally_08.jpg

20210327_mini_rally_09.jpg

20210327_mini_rally_10.jpg

For more information on the MOBEC DuoDrive EVO, please point your browser at:

http://mobec.de/gespanntechnik/duodrivesuperdrive/index.html

Attached Files:

2. SLACKER

SLACKER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just my opinion, But that may be the finest gathering of Sidecar Rigs in America...EVER!
    Congrats Mike, and keep me posted .....I know the Twin Cam I bought looks awful dusty in the pics the seller sent, but he assures me that it cleans up nicely:strumand is mechanically 100%
    rg sw wa. and LBS-USA like this.
  3. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hah, I'd be suspicious of a GS that was overly clean! And, I know it sounds immodest (OK, it IS immodest), but I agree with you, if nothing else, certaily the most eclectic collection of sidecars in the Americas!

And, not to worry, have one of our GS+URAL chassis, and a lovely URAL sidecar body in Forest Fog (Green) earmarked for your build! Thanks for trusting us with your SECOND commission for a sidecar build, one on each side of the Atlantic!
    rg sw wa. and SLACKER like this.
  4. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would have been fun to be there. As soon as we can travel we'll add to the group.
    rg sw wa., LBS-USA, Bobmws and 2 others like this.
  5. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Awe, I see my rig in the garage wanting to come out and play with them :-)
    rg sw wa., MGV8, Bobmws and 2 others like this.