1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

LBS-Sidecars USA | Now an Authorized GPR Steering Stabilizer Dealer

Discussion in 'Hack Vendors' started by LBS-USA, Nov 13, 2020.

1. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    In my constant quest to source the highest-functionality and top-quality components for my builds, I ordered a US-designed and manufactured GPR V4 Steering Stabilizer for a BMW R1200GSA TwinCam+URAL build I am doing.

Also recently visited my fellow sidecarist, friend, and GlobeRiders partner/guide @DRTBYK at his new home shop as he was installing a V5 product on his LBS Leading Link Kit for his R1200GSA-LC adventure rig.

I've been so impressed, I submitted the application, and am happy to announce I am now an authorized GPR Stabilizer dealer.

Until I add their line to my website, you can visit the GPR official site at:

And here's the eye candy for you!

One of the V5D Stabilizers. That thumbwheel allows you to dial in damping from "minimal" to "full on stiff".

20201109_gpr_v5_stabilizer02.jpg

Below, photos of various versions installed on BMW bikes. For certain models, a custom machined Upper Fork Bridge is included:

20201109_gpr_v5_stabilizer04.jpg

20201109_gpr_v5_stabilizer03.jpg

20201109_gpr_v5_stabilizer01.jpg
    CCjon, TurTal and Strong Bad like this.
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet!

The GPR stabilizer has been used in off road racing for around 20 years now. They are very similar to the Scott’s/Ohlin units that have been around for 25 years. I’ve had one on all of my desert race bikes and am using one on my tug that I took off my Honda 450X. The GPR unit like the Scott’s, is fully adjustable on the fly. The GPR is actually easier as it’s adjuster knobs are larger. Simply reach down and in 1/4 turn or so you can add or subtract a good amount of dampening.

The only problem I’ve had with these stabilizers was with the availability of mounts. I guess it’s hard to keep up with all of the different models of different manufacturers. I finally found one for my 07 BMW R1200 GSA out of South Africa made by a CNC shop that now gone belly up.

While they are pricey, they are serviceable/rebuildable and you if can afford one they are money well spent.
    CCjon, Bobmws and LBS-USA like this.
  3. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had one on my HP2 Enduro and loved it. As Mike (@LBS-USA) noted above, I just finished installing one of the v4 models on my rig. One of the features I really liked about the GPR stabilizer is that the dial can be continually rotated clockwise or counter clockwise so it is easy to move from heavy dampening to light - although on this big-rig I don't expect to need to make a lot of fast changes like I did on the HP2. The other feature I like a lot is that the High/Low speed damping is 15deg from center - after which you are back to undamped for the remainder of rotation to the fork stop.

37B9768B-5F88-4136-B87B-8BAA6DBE6BCB.jpeg

3A99E07B-C68E-407F-9E63-3B451D146F67.jpeg
    LBS-USA likes this.