LC4 footpegs

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ncfitton, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    Velocibiker, you might want to check out the SXC pegs, they appear to be similar to the RFS pegs, though I have not verified this yet.
  2. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    It's all kinda a moot point for me anyway at this point. I already have the Fastways in my posession. Just waiting for the bracket now <sigh>.

Got my new Bill Mayer saddle tho -- SPECTACULAR!!! Crash bars should be here this week. God, I have GOT TO STOP this madness :D :D
  3. Ziegfried

Ziegfried Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I've seen them in the shop on the bike and they are definitely bigger. I don't believe that the shop would go to the trouble of putting them on just to catch out the unwary. There was a '03 and a '04 next to each other and it was obvious that they were different. Not only that but the mounting bracket on the gear shift side is box section alloy instead of the powder coated steel tube. I need a digital camera but tomorrow I will ring the shop and get part numbers and maybe that will convince the sceptics out there.
  4. ncfitton

ncfitton Summit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Z,
    Are you absolutely certain they fit straight on an '03? If they have changed the LHS mounting bracket it's just possible they changed the sex of the footpeg mount.

:ear

Nick.
  5. Mack

Oddometer:
    I suspect as well that KTM swaped the L/H peg hanger and the pegs for the RFS style pegs that are OEM installed on the 625SXC. Be curious to see a pic.
  6. Ziegfried

Ziegfried Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Absolutely certain? Not until I get it on the bike. I only have the word of the spare parts guys in the shop but I will get confirmation for us all as soon as I get a free moment. As for the sex change operation, the brief view that I had in the shop suggested that the sex of the mount hadn't changed. The whole footpeg arrangement is a bit of a joke really, the choice is really limited so you are more or less forced to buy the bigger pegs off KTM...unless you want to buy something ang get the correct mount welded on but I can't be bother with that amount of effort,

My 2nd daughter's 6th birthday party has interfered with my plans for this weekend but I try and convince the family that I need to go for a ride tomorrow and look at the '04 adv pegs. I have a little digital camera on my palm that I can take photos but the resolution is pretty crappy so I don't know how it will turn out. If I can get something printed then I can scan it...I really am trying to get some details for you all...honest! :freaky
    Z
  7. ncfitton

ncfitton Summit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ziegfried,
    Your efforts are surely appreciated. The reason we suspect the sex change on the mount is because, as you probably know:
    a) earlier lc4's have the weird combination of a different sex on each side
    b) other models of KTM have recently been switching over to more conventional mounts (the RFS, the SXC)
    c) if KTM have changed the '04 bracket it would make some sense to change the mount for the peg also, for consistency.

Seems like hard work, printing your digital pic so you can scan it and digitize it again.... the palm wont download pics to your pc??
  8. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    Would it help if I posted some pics of my '04?

I will have my cam back, Mon or Tues.
  9. Velocibiker

Oddometer:
    YES!!!

Take some w/pegs on (both sides). Better yet (if you're willing), pull the pegs and take more pictures.

PLEASE!!
  10. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    The measurement inside the flange is 30.2mm.

Attached Files:

• ls.jpg
      ls.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    Measurement inside flange is 31.8mm.

Pin diameter on either side is a nominal 9.5mm.

Attached Files:

• rs.jpg
      rs.jpg
      File size:
      75.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Mack

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics and measurements. Hard to be 100% sure, but that looks like the alloy peg carrier from the SXC 625. :thumb
  13. Velocibiker

Oddometer:
    Thanks Buckster!

Can you post a couple more pictures of this (left side) peg (different angles). I think we're all mostly concerned with the bracket and wether or not the peg is a 'male' or 'female'.

Those pegs DO look a bit bigger than my '02s. Could you take some measurements on those as well?

Thanks again!!
  14. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    Which measurements do you want exactly? And sure more pics, will pull the peg on Sunday and take the pics then.
  15. Velocibiker

Oddometer:
    Width / length of the foot pegs.

If these are near Fastway size and cheaper, I'll probably send my Fastways back....
  16. Buckster

Buckster Banned

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth I am finding the pegs very comfortable both for sitting and standing.

I spent a good 30 minutes + standing on a local trail today, people keep saying this bike is a little top heavy but I am yet to feel it, I think the bike is superbly balanced.
  17. Velocibiker

Oddometer:
    I've never really heard it's TOP heavy - just HEAVY :D . But I agree with you. Balance feels good to me too. I just try and have only 3 or 4 gallons of gas when I know I'll be hitting the dirt pretty hard. At 6 pounds per gallon, it makes a big difference.....especially when you have to pick it up :eek1
  18. Mack

Oddometer:
    I picked up my SXC footpeg hanger today, I will try and grab the digicam at work this weekend, and post some pics of the bare bracket. I hope to round up the bolts on Monday and then install the bracket and the Fastway pegs.

(Buckster's pic in post #30 is indeed the SXC 625 alloy footpeg hanger, or one damn close facsimile.)
  19. Velocibiker

Oddometer:

Wahoo!! The topic isn't dead. I'm still waiting for peg hangers to get into stock. Will be good to know if this will make everything work...
  20. Mack

Oddometer:
    x