LC4 manual on CD

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by fire_strom, Apr 21, 2006.

1. PlavaKuca

PlavaKuca xxx

Oddometer:
  2. Ned1

Ned1 Trust is earned

Oddometer:
    Jeez...I got the boot from KTMTalk for sending a PM to a guy mentioning that I *could* send him a link via email if he wanted. Heavy handed or what? :huh
  3. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    The KTM Owner's Manuals are freely distributable - KTM gives them away, but the LC4 repair manual is not freely distributable - KTM sells them. As I understand it, ADV welcomes sharing of freely distributable materials, only.
  4. makazica

makazica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Again, what can I say except: Thank you Plava Kućo.
  5. Nico

Nico The Sexiest of Silverbacks.

Oddometer:
    KTMtalk has been threatened with legal action if they allow any sharing of copyrighted materials. They need to be heavy handed if they want to keep the site open.

The service manuals, at least some of them, are available for free distribution through the "Shop Online" button at the top of the KTMtalk pages. I downloaded the manual for my '97. It is all encompassing and, as far as I can tell, fully legit and legal to share in this manner. They list manuals for 1990-1998 and 2006-2007. The LC4's are listed for most model years as well as most of the RFS and 2-smokes.

Not sure how they are able to share legally but not allow peer2peer type sharing, but it is what it is I guess. Prolly paid a licensing fee er sumpin.

LINKY
  6. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    The free downloads are the parts books, which normally come free with the bike. It's the same information as the online parts fiche. The repair manuals are not available for download there, but they sell them on CD for $35.
  7. Nico

Nico The Sexiest of Silverbacks.

Oddometer:
    :scratch Where the hell'd I download mine from? Could've sworn it was there. I'm kinda a nerd about abiding by the anti-piracy laws, so I know I wouldn't have grabbed it if I didn't think it was legit.

I'll hafta get back to ya on this one.
  8. aky525

aky525 back tracker

Oddometer:

Ive searched high and low, hard work finding anything later than 2003.
    Good work PlavaKuca.....anyone come across an 06 edition:evil
  9. SCsurfer

SCsurfer surfing explorer

Oddometer:
  10. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only thing I can find on repairmanual.com for my 1997 620EGS is one written in German (what they show) Can anyone point me to where I might find one on CD or hardcopy?
    Thanks

PM me if you would