Learn Spanish on 550 Zuma

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by chrisf14, Jan 3, 2009.

1. chrisf14

chrisf14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This Spanish thing is killing me. Can I load a program like Rosettastone on my Zumo. I need to learn.
  2. Motera

Motera Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I-pod is the way to go, there are many many learn Spanish podcasts.
  3. tomkinton

tomkinton Iraq/Afghan Vet

Oddometer:
    On the 550 (i have one) you can put in a 4 gig SD card or even an 8 gig; it takes a good three minutes to spool up each time you start the unit. If you put Spanish language stuff as mp3 files on the SD card you can listen all day long.

cheers,

tomk
  4. Bitburger

Bitburger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like the short Coffee Break Spanish podcasts, available through itunes. They are free and you can put them on the SD card as MP3s.

My only negative issue is the time to book with a 4G card. Painful.
  5. Navel

Navel Omphaloskeptical

Oddometer:
    Hi Chrisf,

Congratulations for deciding to learn a new language, I personally find it an exciting challenge to learn a new language. I just wanted to offer you my help as a spanish native speaker, so anytime you find some trouble with it, feel free to PM me and I will try to help.
    It is true that the spanish we speak in Spain can sometimes be slightly different than that spoken in southern and central America...but then it is the same with english isnĀ“t it?.
    Buena suerte (good luck) with your spanish.
    :trp