Least expensive bike with traction control?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Keithert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. motif

motif Banned

Oddometer:

you call that luck??? that most men are pussies? and women takes over?

[​IMG]

shame on you.
  2. n8mandy

n8mandy PadreN8

Oddometer:
    Bump, and hopefully without the pro/con discussion of tc and just with the answer
  3. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    I've always felt every bike has traction control; the brain, the throttle and the clutch, all work together with a skilled rider to adjust for whatever traction there is. Keep in mind, these days even the bikes with active electronic traction control only controls the rear tire traction. If you slide the front tire (been there done that) or break traction while leaned over, its still up to the rider. Some, a few bikes, have gyroscopes as part of the traction control system that can modify power to the rear wheel while the bike is leaned over. But those are very few.
  4. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    My 1997 Yamaha DT230 had traction control...just an ignition remap when it sensed excessive wheelspin. I never noticed it working, the bike was all about wheelspin on any loose surface....and managing it on sealed surfaces.
  5. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding for over 40 years. I like the TC on my DL1000. It's unobtrusive and does useful things when it cuts in.

You may as well complain about disc brakes. I've had the cam on drums roll over at the worst possible moment ;), I love disc brakes as well.
  6. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy I like pussy

Oddometer:
    Good score! The wee is very docile, 'n the twin "hooks up" so you shouldn't need tc. I've got over 100K mi. on a couple '07 FJRs w/ real snatchy throttles, 'n wut helps me ta ride these beasts (in the rain) is ta lower my right elbow whilst apply'in throttle. In low traction situations, try ta keep yer fore arm parallel to the ground. Dunno why, butt it really helps.
    "Drop_Center, post: 26703106, member: 68873"]My bike has TC and the best part for me is not worrying as much about traction. It makes for a more enjoyable ride, especially if you ride something fast.[/QUOTE]
    Purdie much ^THIS^
    I know all the dick swingers here w/ mor talent than Rossi don't need it, butt I likes technology. Got two bike one w. ABS, 'n one without. I don't need ABS, butt it's nice be'in able to mash the brakes, 'n not have ta think 'bout available traction. ;)
  7. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    On slippery snot it's useless, seriously. I'm a fan of technology. TC really doesn't do well on a motorcycle unless traction is actually very good and one is pressing the limits of that traction. On loose stuff it decides to cut engine power at the damndest and most inconvenient times. On underwater snot or ice the tire still ends up going wherever it feels like going. So yeah, TC is nice when you want to just hamfist the throttle while leaned over coming out of a corner but that's about it.
  8. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice The Virginian

Oddometer:
    Does the brand new DL650 have the title now?
    $8,799.

What about nthe Moto Guzzi V7 III? I see $7,999. Not sure if TC is standard.
    I'm also seeing $8,490.

So, I guess it comes down to the OTD price.
    Destination charges and other fees might make them about the same.
  9. BenTher

BenTher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can certainly understand why traction control would be useful on a sport bike, especially on the track, you can have up to 200 HP that needs to be reined in at times. But a bike used for just casual, every day riding, I don't see any need for it whatsoever, I think it's more a marketing tool than anything. And as far as off road goes, what fun would it be to have no wheel spin in the dirt?
  10. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice The Virginian

Oddometer:
    I think TC on the DL650 is needed for those transitions from TARMAC to bridges and rain, or when it first starts to rain and oil is on the road.

Sometimes folks just have to be more careful and not hit the throttle so fast.
    TC kicked in, but it was too late. I think he gave the bike too much throttle. The bike has amazing Torque.