Leatt 3DF Airlift Body Protector

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by traveltoad, Dec 4, 2013.

1. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    I have the airfit lite in l/xl and wear it with leatt gpx 5.5 - very cumfy and adaptable with layers . Maybe try one on?
    Street brace like leatt is designed to work with jackets with back armour - go gpx 5.5.
    Leatt airfit is cumfy under jacket and for me the gpx 5.5 is great cause it can be adjusted easily to suit different armour / jacket / jersey combos .
    Adrenolin likes this.
  2. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can only help with a couple of your questions.
    1. Anyone think I should perhaps order the XXL large or stick with the L/XL? They are a pretty snug fit by design, but I would say if you are on the fence about size then order up a size and not down.
    Does the AirFit comfortably fit under a jacket? Mine does, but I think it's going to depend a lot on how loose your jacket fits. If you have a tight fitting jacket then it's going to be much tighter with the airlift underneath too.
    Adrenolin likes this.
  3. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    1. L/XL would be my recommendation.
    2. :dunno
    3. Yes. That's what I have, it's great.
    4. Yes and yes. I often just leave the collar of my jacket open around the GPX, but the best feature of the GPX (to me) is that you can quickly adjust the size/fit.
    Adrenolin likes this.
  4. Adrenolin

Adrenolin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the help.. I'll be placing an order for a number of items tonight or tomorrow.
  5. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly!

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'11" 195 and the L/XL fits very well. I went with the Atlas Air neck brace and it feels very good with my Aerostich RC3 and the 3DF with just a jersey. Can't answer #3. Yes, I put my MX setup(3DF, Jersey, MXpants, Dual Axis knee guards) if you will on under the RC3 and it felt great so I am comfortable for the road to and from the dirt.
  6. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about doing this, what do you do with your roadcrafter when you get to the dirt?
  7. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly!

Oddometer:
    Without any pads, A roadcrafter actually rolls pretty small. It fits on the rear rack of my KLR. I may put it in a dry bag if I know I am gonna get messy.
  8. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    that's a good idea

I was planning on doing the same thing but was going to use my Darien on top over armor and just wear the same street pants off road. May try out the roadcrafter.
  9. Adrenolin

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the extra suggestions. I've ordered a
    Scorpion Covert Flannel Shirt and a pair of Klim K Fifty riding jeans to add to my street riding gear. Still need to order a set of protection pads for the shirt but will likely wear the AirFit under it as well.

Haven't looked at the RoadCrafter yet but will do so later today. Also need to find a decent 4-season adventure pant to go with my TourMaster 4 jacket.
  10. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    For you guys that have the Airfit is it possible to wear under a jacket and remove it/put it on as one piece? Like leave the Airfit in as if it were a liner?
  11. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand what your talking about and I've done that with two shirts before but I don't think that's a very feasible option with the airfit just because it fits too snugly. I don't see it being a timesaver in that manner.
  12. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info

In looking for a good pressure suit that can function as a liner under my Darien
  13. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    What OKDQ said, plus the Airfit takes longer to don/doff than a typical zipper in the middle pressure suit. Once it is on, it's on. I don't take mine off until the ride is finished.
  14. OKDQ

OKDQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    The airfit can certainly function as a liner but wouldn't be very practical IMO as a stay in the jacket liner. Not sure any pressure suit would function very well as a stay-in-the-jacket liner. However all pressure suits I'm familiar with are "best" when a jacket is worn over the top although on real hot days I've worn mine sans jacket lots of times.
  15. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only one I have available to be local was a Fox, dunno the model

It was surprisingly easy to remove in and out it on without separating the jacket and pressure suit. To be honest, it was easier to put it on as one piece than one at a time
  16. Adrenolin

Oddometer:
    Just received my AirFit last week. As a liner no. As stated, this is a very tight fitting garment and can't be used as a liner. That said, I wore mine as a base layer the other day with a light shirt over it with a Kevlar flannel riding jacket on over it with the protective pads removed using it as an abrasion layer only. With the AirFit one could wear pretty much any motorcycle jacket over it and remove the pads since having two sets doesn't really help you at all.
  17. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    How would you wear a kidney belt with the Airfit? Would you have to put the kidney belt on first or would it fit overtop of the Airfit?

Thanks
  18. Adrenolin

Oddometer:
    The AirFit is like a 2nd skin due to the Lycra material. Properly sized there would be no room under it. Any kidney belt would have to fit over it for certain.
  19. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there any padding where a kidney belt would sit? If so, any idea how much more girth the Airfit would add to my ever increasing waistline?

Anybody tried a kidney belt with one of these suits?

Cheers
  20. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    There is no padding where a kidney belt would sit. At least in the front. In the back, I guess it would depend on how wide the belt is and how tall you are. It would probably work just fine.