Leaving a bike on the street for a month...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nick2ny, Oct 9, 2019.

1. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades...

Oddometer:
    Find a friend with garage space or some place off the street. If you travel for work, is it possible your employer would have a spot where it could go? Just sayin' has to be something better than on the street sitting for a month.
  2. BluByU

BluByU Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMHO parking on the street for a month is abad idea, being towed/stolen and all the other reasons.
    I am not sure where the PO is located but around here Public Storage rents storage lockers that will easily fit a bike and the first month is free.
  3. fire88dog

fire88dog CaptainStache

Oddometer:
    That's a pretty small bike, drain the fuel and put it the house /apartment :dunno
    Baroquenride likes this.
  4. MrPulldown

MrPulldown Long timer

Oddometer:
    So is the OP gone on his long trip. Quick let's go to his house. I know where there is a sweet little 125 that is up for grabs. It's just sitting on the street.
    mitchapalooza likes this.
  5. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Might be hard to find, there might be a cover over it.

Or we can wait a couple of weeks and pick it up cheap at the impound auction and have paperwork to go with it.
    mitchapalooza likes this.
  6. KLEINE

KLEINE oo

Oddometer:
    All my bikes have been living outside on the street 365 days a year the last 20 years in the middle of a city. Good lock and insurance helps.
    Of course they will corrode a little bit faster out in the open but at least it's much less hassle then putting it to bed every day. It does not matter if its under a cloth or in a garage/shed. I ride them all year round and that's probably not really good for the paint but then again better to ride them than to dream about riding. Since 2 month a do own a garage but the bike which I use every day stays outside. So in your case a month that's nothing it will survive.
    sieg likes this.
  7. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mechanically there is no reason it won't survive a month on a street.
    Legally most places have laws against long term storage on the street.