LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Model 30 and 60 are 55mm diameter by 70mm long.

Lights can be angled up, down, in and out. Relative to attachment orientation (side mount, mount up, mount down etc) you can rotate the light about the single mount bolt and a second axis designed in the bracket.

Here's a RC51 owners solution to city traffic:eekers

honda rc51.jpg

honda rc51 4.jpg
  2. lemosley01

lemosley01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I'm more concerned about my morning trip through the countryside where Deer and other animals are a factor and it's quite dark, so I'd like more light both down the road and to the sides. The ZX-14 headlights are really good, especially on high, but have limited coverage to the side.

That setup above looks like it might dazzle oncoming traffic, but they can't say they didn't see...something.
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Will dazzle oncoming traffic during low ambient light conditions. Our F11 fog has an upper cutoff if you want to eliminate the dazzle or you can add a dimmer to give you an adjustable low beam with a full power high beam trigger by your oem hi/low switch.

C14 w F11 lower, Model 60 upper
    2014-09-04 08.05.32.jpg

Attached Files:

4. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the awesome response! The Model 30 kit offers great bang for the buck.
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Smokin weekend sale on one of our most popular light kits!

Model 60 LED Light Kit

Normally $160 now $120
    Includes everything you need to install lights
    [​IMG]

Reviews

6. ronskibeat

ronskibeat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    my ST1300 is set up like the Connie shown above. I LOVE these lights!!!
    sanjoh likes this.
  7. frogy

frogy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I have to correct myself. Picked up a 60 to replace a 40 that I thought went bad. Turns out even after checking all the wires, it was not until I removed all zip ties that I found a wear break right where the zip tie was. I can only assume it was due to the pulses of the flat twin over the thousands of miles wore thru the insulation. But good news, I still installed the 60 this past weekend and wow sooo much more light, Looks like I will have a spare LED now.
    sanjoh likes this.
  8. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Great feedback on our combo beam Model 55 led light kit.

"Really nice lights at a very competetive price! [​IMG]

Posted by DaveT on 14th Oct 2019
    Bought the M55 lights after checking them out on the ADVMonster site and reading some of the reviews. They are well constructed and not at all cheap looking or feeling. At half the price of the competition they are a bargain in my opinion.

They include a very nice wiring harness that should fit most bike applications. I modified the wiring as I wanted a relay with power to the lights only when the bike is running but if you are reasonably skilled and a DIY guy it isn’t difficult.

WARNING: These devils are bright! Mount them where LEOs will not want to pull you over to talk about blinding your fellow drivers!

I don’t think any rider would regret buying these to increase their visibility and view down the road."

m55lights.jpg
  9. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    FJR.jpg
  10. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Customer feedback on our Model 30 led light kit.

Love at first light! Highly recommended. [​IMG]
    Posted by Ethan on 2nd Sep 2019
    Installed on the chin of my old rocket K1200RS. Combined these with a bluetooth dimmer set at 50% reduction on low beam, I think they make an excellent conspicuity light. On high beam / full power it reaches out very well. Nice focused beam with defined edge, then a soft spill to the side.KRS has a momentary/flash to pass switch and I love having the bright spots to grab the attention of drivers who I think may pull out in front of me. Seem to be very well made and sealed. Will see in the long term. Dimmer is clever and easy to use, though i wish it was put in a smaller enclosure. I had space under my seat but on smaller sport bikes, or ADV bike I'll probably use the smaller dial type dimmer. Over all these are a great set of lights. Far better quality and customer care than sketchy Amazon/Ebay vendors, and in my experience as good or better than the vastly overpriced / tragically underperforming lights I regret buying from Touratech & Twisted Throttle suppliers.
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Model 60s
  13. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a bump for a quality ADV’r that’s always gone the extra mile to make sure you’re happy:nod
    Will post some pics once my new stuff gets here
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback!

We aren't skeered to dig in to your custom lighting electrical needs either!
  15. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    No worries. I’m sure I’ll be needing some more goodies shortly.
  16. cmbthumper

cmbthumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have your Model 19's and would like to mount them similar to this. Would you happen to me have closer up pics, did you have to change the mount and could you run the model 19's off a rechargeable battery behind the headlight mask? Appreciate any info
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    The mount is different on the Model 60 vs the Model 19.
    Close up
    Model 60 Install.jpg
    I don't think the Model 19 can be mounted like this as the mount doesn't have the ability to rotate enough. You could add a 90degree bracket and mount the lights off of that.

Regarding the rechargable battery, yes, the lights will run off of that. Did you have a type of battery in mind? Li, Nicad, lead acid? A set of lights pulls 1.6amps so you will want to size your battery to get the run time you are expecting.
  18. cmbthumper

cmbthumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the picture and response. I'll take a look at it this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Battery would be a lithium 3S 11v or 4S 14v depending on the voltage capability of the light which I'm researching to see what that is. Due to work / family schedule I only get to ride 2hrs for night trips once or twice a week so don't want to run a full harness if I don't have to.
  19. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    4s would be preferred, 4kmah would give you a solid 2 hrs without over draining the battery. No need to use the high c pack as you won't have a high draw.
    cmbthumper likes this.
  20. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Veterans - thank you for your service!

If you happen to be in the market for lighting, contact us (advmonster@qualireg.com), we offer special deals for veterans year round.

Semper Fi

John Sanders
    USMC '79
    cmbthumper and Buzztail like this.