LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the Bump... :ricky
    Anders- likes this.
  2. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I’ve had two of your bulbs and the optional extreme auxiliary lights on my 95 Tiger for several years now, and they are awesome!
    I run amber covers on the extremes during the day, and the increase in conspicuity is significant. At night, I use the clear flood covers, and pivot the lights outward slightly to illuminate road shoulders for all of the white tails that live in the regions I travel. They have saved me from several otherwise close calls.
    I mention all of this only to express my appreciation of both the products and the customer support.
    Part 2 of this message is an idea I have for a new lighting product.
    Here goes:
    Have you ever seen those cups and cereal bowls for toddlers that have a gimbal so the weight of the contents keep the bowl always parallel with the floor so they don’t spill over?
    Why not design an auxiliary light with a weighted base on a gimbal that would always remain parallel to the ground and provide the best amount of lighting in the turns at night when the bike is leaned over? Wiring might have to be coiled at the housing to allow enough reach, but the maximum amount of tilt wouldn’t need to be huge.
    Just an idea that popped into my head - free and probably worth what you are paying for it
    Off Road Ryder and DRV like this.
  3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    It can't be done with a gimbal. Cornering forces will act just like gravity, and the lights will lean with the bike when you're at any kind of speed in a corner. It can be done with electonics. Accelerometers and gps. There's already a company doing that. It's not cheap. I'll see if I can't dig up a link.

Edit: https://www.jwspeaker.com/blog/new-led-motorcycle-headlight-adapative/

Charles.
    DRV likes this.
  4. deliberate speed

deliberate speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DRV, I did not know this! I'm not at home to look at the instructions. Do they tell you how to make the adjustment?
    DRV likes this.
  5. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    deliberate speed, I do not believe they do. this is on our new 10.0 bulb. and we are in the process of rewriting. However, it is quite simple, back your bike away from a wall gain access to the back of the fan housing and gently turn one direction or the other. the o-ring and tabs will hold the bulb in position once you have the positioning you like.
    Thanks drv.
    Shaggie likes this.
  6. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ssevy, Super happy to hear that our products a working for you and your pleased. Thank you for your continued business and support. as for the gimbal light that is a great idea and we have had some discussions about this in the shop. maybe this will reinvigorate us to move forward with the idea. Thanks drv.
    Shaggie likes this.
  7. MyKLX400

MyKLX400 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a new H4 10.0 ultra to replace my 3800 from 2016, the 3800 was a nice upgrade over the Piaa for my 07' KTM SD but still lacked output and clean pattern (at least to me).

I am hoping the new 10.0 ultra will be a noticeable upgrade and I won't have to go all in with a HID retrofit to get a good pattern and output.
  8. Dirty D'

Dirty D' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adjustment range in my housing . From counterclockwise to clockwise
    . 1.JPG 3.JPG
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  9. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the new 10.0 is far superior to the 3800. so your beam pattern should clean up nicely. Thank You for your repeat business. drv. :ricky
  10. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. MyKLX400

MyKLX400 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DAMN, You are not kidding, what a difference!

I will try and get some pictures at some point to show the output.

There is more uniform light on the ground and cleaner output on low. On high there is now a big difference and it is drastically better.
  12. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I thought that might be what you said! Thanks Again for your repeat business and enjoy seeing clearly!! drv. :ricky
  13. abnslr

abnslr rides a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    My replacement H7 arrived this weekend, and I installed it today. The new smaller brick bit is a little easier to squeeze into the housing (F650GS) but the new weatherproof connector is bigger, so fit is kind of a wash. The output looks GREAT. I’m kicking around the idea of just foregoing the weatherproof cap behind the headlight housing to reduce heat buildup with so much stuff jammed in there.
  14. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    abnsir, Improvement can be a give and take at times. You should be able to fit all the bits in the housing on the LB side. Increased air flow is always a benefit for cooling an LED it helps with overall longevity. Consider drilling a couple of 1/4" holes in the back of the cap to vent the headlight housing better. The fan is a pusher fan so it will force air out.
    Thank You for your business and enjoy the benefits of seeing and being seen better. drv.
    abnslr likes this.
  15. MikePike

MikePike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine a few weeks ago and decided to just see how bright it was. This was a bitch black garage. Dusk and dawn rides have been very nice. Getting the light dialed in to not blind oncoming traffic took longer than installation.

So far I'm loving it.

light.jpg
  16. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome! MikePike.. turning night into day! Thank You! drv.
  17. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    I rotated the bulbs in my Honda Pilot housings a while ago. They're much better now. I don't think I'm blinding people anymore.

But...
    (There's always one of those huh?)

I figured out that the radio goes to hell when I turn my lights on. I guess they're throwing off some kind of RF interference.

Any ideas on how to mitigate that?
  18. Brutalguyracing

Brutalguyracing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look.into a ferrite bead
    Found on Lots of computer and camera cables
  19. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we have been looking into this, I'll have to get the info from one of the other fellas here, but we have found a magnet to mitigate the RF interference. drv.
  20. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    That sounds familiar. I think I've seen those on POE network switch power cords.