LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. deliberate speed

deliberate speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would be great. I'll wait to see what you come up with.
    DRV likes this.
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    We had a great time at the BMW Moa Rally in Tennessee. The drive from WA not so much :)
    It was great to talk with many of you, Thanks for coming by.
    a few bikes we were able to do installs on that we don't see everyday made it a productive show.
    Namely the K1600 gt that really liked the 4.8 H7 bulbs, easy install and a huge differnce.
    We have been telling riders the R1200R was a no go, well we found out otherwise, the low beam can accept our H11 bulb with no mods etc. No dice on the high beam.
    R1200rs and Xr1000 bulbs also work very well, however replacement caps are needed, look for us to provide a solution for those bikes asap.
    Lots of bikes now setup with our Evo turn signal kits and aux lights, Thank you all for the business!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DRV, Shaggie, TonyKZ1 and 2 others like this.
  3. ManiZ

ManiZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had your LED headlight bulb since you first started selling them. Still works flawlessly. Searched for this thread today to order H9 and H11 bulbs for my new bike but it appears you don't offer those sizes. Am I right? Are those available? I need to order 4 (a pair in each size) for a Kawasaki ZX-14R.
    Off Road Ryder and Shaggie like this.
  4. Wadester

Wadester Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer:
  5. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi ManiZ, Wadester set you up with a link. Thank You Wadester! drv
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I cant say how proud we are to be setting up so many police bikes. It makes us proud to support the men and ladies in blue every chance we get.
    here is the latest, A 2018 R1200rt with the all Cyclops led headlight bulbs, Raider canbus interface and Long Range aux light kit.
    [​IMG]
    YakSpout, Shaggie and TonyKZ1 like this.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    WE are in search of a local to seattle (kent) owner of a KTM 1290 Super duke. Happy to provide a free setup for the use of your bike for an hr or so.
  8. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    Any word on a solution for the RF noise on the H4 bulbs?

I got a couple of the ferrite modules from work, but I'm not able to install them the way the instructions say. You're supposed to loop the cable through, but there isn't enough length on the wires to do that. I can only clamp the ferrite over the wire, and that doesn't help, unfortunately.

They still work very well, it would just be nice to be able to listen to the radio AND have bright headlights.
    regnaDkciN and Off Road Ryder like this.
  9. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    deliberate speed, We have been working on this and have found that on the antenna works well, same as a tin foil hat.. you know the one you where so the government can't hear you. lol. no in all seriousness try the antenna. we are working feverishly with manufacturing to solve this issue. Thanks drv.
  10. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    Ok, sounds like a plan. Now I just have to dig out the antenna cable wherever that is...

Tin foil hat on!
  11. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL...
  12. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    Well, I pulled out the radio and clamped a ferrite onto the radio cable. No improvement. I even was able to double it through but still no change. Then I added another ferrite. Nothing. Then I moved that second one to the power coming into the radio. Nada.

There was some kind of pinned adapter siamesed onto one of the cables running into the radio. Probably for CD changer or something. I thought maybe that might pick up RF, like an unterminated coaxial connection might. So I covered it with tin foil! Nothing.

Oh well. I'm out of ideas for now.

Still love the light output and pattern in my Pilot lamps. Just wish I could deal with the RF interference.

This is four vehicles I have your LED bulbs in, two bikes, a car, and the SUV.
    DRV and Off Road Ryder like this.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Well that is not so great.. We have done something with the H7 which will be coming out very soon. This is the first noise issue with an H4 that I am aware of.. will see what we can do.. no issues with a return if it needs to be that way. Im a little shocked the ferrites did not do anything, they have worked in every other application,were these supplied from us?. Thank you for your business!
  14. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    HI All

I started Cyclops with the intention to enjoy my passion and ride more. Well after nearly 20 years the joke is on me. Less riding and more work. With that and the good will I wish for our employees, we are moving to a 4 day work week, we all ride and want more of it! Not to mention family time
    Starting this week we will be closed on Fridays, although will have some limited support via phone and email on fridays, the main shop/shipping will be closed.
    This was a tough decision to put quality of life in front of revenue, but it's the right thing for us as a company and our valued employees who are also our very good friends. I hope you understand and support us in this decision.
    Thank you Darryl
    yosso, pir8liner, gastone and 10 others like this.
  15. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    Nope, I got them from work. They're used to place on the power cords of some older POE network switches.

I'm surprised it didn't work too. Oh well.

The lights work really well. Although I'm disappointed about the RF noise, I have no intention of returning them. They've transformed the Pilot lights. Same with the low beams I bought from you for my Accord. The lights actually work now.
    Off Road Ryder, DRV and Shaggie like this.
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    How about I send you a set of the ones we are using on the Rt's, we just place them around the antenna. might not work if the antenna wire is buried and in the windshield, but happy to do so. Kind of weird we have installed the h4s in many 4 wheel vehicles and never had this pop up. Please email or pm and I can get a set out to you.
  17. deliberate speed

Oddometer:
    That would be great. I sent you an email.
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
  19. dohcfox

dohcfox meh

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I should copy my post from Equipment over here, too, but here it goes. An important lesson learned, for sure!

An update on the failure of my Cyclops LED: Yesterday I drove down to Cyclops Adventure Sports in Kent, just south of Seattle. Darryl, the owner of Cyclops and I had a look at the LED unit and the rubber boot that comes stock on the 690 Enduro headlight. It turns out that the rubber boot was occluding the metal fins that are both part of the heat sink and also serve as the intake for the cooling fan on the back of the LED. Our hypothesis is that the overheating caused by the occluded cooling mechanism gradually caused the low beam emitters to fail. Darryl took photos of the light with attached boot and has plans to use the images as an update for future install instructions. Modification of the boot was performed with a zip tie, leaving the cooling portion of the light exposed to free flowing air.

What can be understood from this scenario?

1) The Cyclops LED is a TOUGH light. The emitters were functional for 1.5 years despite being constantly overheated. Exposing the cooling fins to free flowing air will allow the light to live a normal lifespan, which should represent many, many more hours of operation.

2) Darryl takes very personally the success of his products and prides himself on how well he takes care of his customers. Darryl also remembers you as a customer, recalling things about past conversations and following up on questions from the past.

Bravo, Cyclops.
    yosso, DRV, Off Road Ryder and 2 others like this.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir!
    Great to see you again and see a potential issue I was not aware about on the 690.. Now lets get out and Ride!