LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. DoubleM

DoubleM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have a bmw 650x challenge. What do I need to order?
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  2. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Double M, The x challenge uses an H-4
    We have 2 options the 10.0 which the LB emitters drop out when going to HB works like a "traditional H-4" or the 10.0 Ultra which leaves a bit of power to the LB when you go to HB the LB emitters will leave a little flood of light in front of the bike.
    Here's a link:
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_192.html

Thanks drv.
  3. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love it when our customers send photos and info on how happy they are.(high beam KTM1290T)
    No one matches Cyclops commitment to customer service and LED bulb quality. You can but cheaper, but you can't buy better. Thank you Camo!
    [​IMG]
    DRV and Shaggie like this.
  4. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed an H7 Cyclops LED bulb in my 2018 DL650.
    The 2018 DL has a small headlight housing so heat buildup was a concern. I drilled a hole in the endcap and installed a screen but would rain be a concern?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First test was an Iron Butt ride, there was a lot of key on time but on this trip there was no rain.
    Next trip was a ride to the Arctic Ocean and another Iron Butt ride on the first day with an all night ride but this time the ride started with 400 miles of rain. The next day ended with 300 miles of rain. Had rain almost everyday.
    No issues, everything was working as hoped. The ride to the Arctic Ocean had over 1000 miles of rain, almost 1100 miles of gravel travel with mud and washboard road. Had rain on the last 200 miles of the Dempster Highway, took 12 hours to travel that 200 miles so again a lot of key/headlight on time.

[​IMG]

Crashed on the way back on the Dempster Highway, headlight/dash assembly was bent back into the fork but the Cyclops H7 was still working.
    The bulb passed its road test.

Off topic but I also used a Cyclops TPMS and again with all of the rain and rough roads there were no issues.
    I used the flat mounting bracket and installed it on the left handguard, the bracket broke in the crash but the monitor was still working!

[​IMG]
  5. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rollin,
    Fantastic report other than the crashing stuff. I have the 14 DL1000 and was looking at your installation of the H-7. Fantastic Job...I didn't even think of the screen and I work with this stuff all day.... Shhh don't tell my bossman.. lol Anyway, great job sounds like a great ride! Oh and as you found out water is no problem. Thank you for your business! drv... :ricky
    Rollin' likes this.
  6. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    Thank you!!
    DRV likes this.
  7. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

The led bulb might be able to cope with water but getting it into the actual headlight bucket just plain sucks - condensation, corrosion, etc.
    @Rollin' - if you vent the back of the bucket, make sure that anything that enters it has a way to get out again.
    DRV and Rollin' like this.
  8. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    I agree, water getting into the housing was my concern and after 100's of miles of rain there was no moisture, not one drop.
    DRV and Anders- like this.
  9. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The DL 650 and the DL1000 with the stacked headlight are well protect by the dash. I've been running the H-7 since 2014 without a cap and have never had any issue with water, condensation or corrosion. drv.
    Anders- and Rollin' like this.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Wow Thank you so much! sounds like your living the dream. What a great trip and fantastic memories, crashing just adds to the adventure, as long as no one gets hurt..
    Rollin' likes this.
  11. Rollin'

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    A few injuries but nothing that stopped the ride. The miserable memories always become my favorite.
    Trip - https://advrider.com/f/threads/back-to-the-arctic-tuktoyaktuk.1396549/
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  12. deliberate speed

deliberate speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I tried out the ferrite modules that you sent me for my Pilot. I wish I could say success, but it's more like, "better?"

After trying it for a week or so, I think the reception is a little better. There's definitely still interference though.

I tried putting both modules on the antenna cable, and also one on each wire bundle past the bulb guts before it connects to the wiring harness. Neither was much different. I ended up leaving one module on the antenna cable.

I'm not worried really. The lights are so much better that I'm willing to deal with the interference. And I really appreciate Darryl working with me to try to solve the issue.

I'm buying a new (used) car next week. Guess what one of the first things I'm buying for it is?
    Off Road Ryder and DRV like this.
  13. KeystoneDrifter

KeystoneDrifter Buy the ticket, take the ride..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 2018 BMW G310GS.....do you have a bulb available for this bike?
  14. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RF interference is now a thing of the past for H-7 users. We now have a 4800L H-7 bulb that will allow you to listen to your tunes as you roll down the highway. This will be a standard in our BMW RT kits..... Thanks drv. :ricky
  16. deliberate speed

deliberate speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just let me know when you have an RF-free H4!
  17. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will do, I thought about you as I wrote the above post. you will be the first .. Thanks for your patience. drv.
    deliberate speed likes this.
  18. interceptor1972

interceptor1972 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have been considering the RT kit for my 2015 RT. How hard are they to install? I presume the kit comes with the H7 low and two H1 highs? I was feeling around under the fairing and boy, there is hardly any room to get a regular bulb in there, especial the right side high beam. Is there an instruction manual somewhere on the site I didn't see?

Thanks in advance but I know, sooner than later, I'll probably be looking to upgrade as the stock light leaves a lot to be desired.

Manoj
  19. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Manoj, The RT headlight is a bear any way you look at it. here in the shop we do the install with the headlight on the bike. If you have the time to remove the headlight makes it much easier. give me a call at the shop I'll be happy to give you some tips. Thanks drv.
    Shaggie likes this.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you. Bummer.. We will be rolling out the new H7 specifically for the Rt with