1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

LED Headlight "Bulb" replacement Modules

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    HI Folks so sorry I have been out for a while. traveling back and forth to the KTM Rally. So happy to show you my son Wes who won the KTM Ultimate race qualifier.
    WE have been a family of riders for as long as I can remember. My dad was a rider, my grandfather as well. Im happy to pass the passion along.
    Well done Wes! we cant wait to get to Morocco!
    [​IMG]
    Honda90, YakSpout, DRV and 2 others like this.
  2. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations to Wes! Can't wait to see him go beast mode in Morocco!
    DRV and Off Road Ryder like this.
  3. radmann10

radmann10 Derf Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is cool!
    Off Road Ryder and DRV like this.
  4. Dirty D'

Dirty D' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have used my 10.0 Ultra on some rides, but got to see the true benefits of the bulb this weekend in the Desert.
    When a light is still this bright even at daylight, It's a friggin great light :super
    100_4747.JPG 100_4767.JPG guys :super
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks.. Love the bike!. something tells me I would hurt myself on that.
  6. craigt

craigt I just wanna ride

Oddometer:
    I just wanted to give a shout out to the Cyclops @Off Road Ryder and their great customer service! Bryan helped me today and he was totaly the best. He truly took the time to help me and was super polite. Oh, and as a bonus, someone answers the phone and you do not have to go through any press 1 crap. They are the best!!!
    eakins, DRV and Off Road Ryder like this.
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you! We all very much appreciate your business! Oh and I'm working on that hold music.. hopefully we didn't drive you nuts.
  8. craigt

craigt I just wanna ride

Oddometer:
    What hold music! I have never been put on hold with ya'll!
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  9. regnaDkciN

regnaDkciN bearing 60k, clutch 69,HyperPros 70, ABS 128k Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
  11. BrittC

BrittC Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Installed a Cyclops LED on my 2008 Aprilia RXV and I'm thrilled with the light but have one thing I'd like to improve on. On my early morning commute in the dark, there are stray light "lines" off to the sides and up into the trees. I should try to photograph it sometime but not sure a phone camera will capture it. Oncoming cars have not flashed me so far. I'm curious if I use a spacer or something to adjust the position of the emitter in front of the lens if it might help?

20181230_081510.jpg

(ignore the mis-matched marker lights, I was comparing LED to incandescent)
    20181230_083826.jpg

20181230_083852.jpg
  12. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks You can try. The fact is that the Aprilia headlight is a bit on the not so great side, more so designed for form over function. a common issue with dual sport or dirt bikes. hopefully you have a decent low beam cutoff pattern.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    I wanted to thank everyone for their Patience.. We will be shipping 1090 and H4 kits again this week after being out of stock for a short time.
    Our bulbs continue to be the class leader. We are so happy with the newer 10.0 and 4.8 lineup.
    They offer the most available light from any LED headlight bulb, while retaining and improving on uncompromised quality. Others are still playing catch up by copying our older designs that are now obsolete. At least by our standards.
    DRV, pir8liner, CHRIS_D and 1 other person like this.
  14. derdingle

derdingle Lord Derdingle Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings, I have the euro headlight that requires the H7 for the low beam. Would the 4.8 Platinum H7 LED Headlight Bulb be the correct one to work on my 04 KTM 950 ADV-S?
  15. DRV

DRV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi derdingle, Yes the H-7 Platinum would be the right bulb for the job. If you want to change the HB as well that would be an H-3. here are a couple of links for you. Please feel free to call in if you have additonal questions. Thanks drv.

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/48-Platinum-H7-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_86.html

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/H3-LED-Headlight-Bulb-2800-lumen_p_134.html
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Our bulbs are not just for road use or the trails, here we have Taye Perry Running the KTM-EXC kit in here Sonora Rally effort.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you haven't heard my Son Wes nearly podiumed a 790 against the 450/500 riders. not to shabby for a bike nearly twice the weight of the competition.
    [​IMG]
    AJRJ, NSFW, Ladybug and 2 others like this.
  17. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Big thanks to the Cyclops crew. After having purchased their KTM 1190 kit for my last bike, I bought their BMW 1200RT LED kit to upgrade the bulbs in my older RT. During the install, I lost a piece inside my headlight assembly and didn't have the patience to take the front end apart. I called to order the piece and instead they sent me two pieces for free and it got to my door in 3 days.
    Off Road Ryder, Shaggie and DRV like this.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much Hikertrash! I really appreciate your business!
  19. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks for the ADV discount. i just placed an order for an H4 that i will install on my XR400. also another bike, BMW G650X Country that needs an upgrade too, but that bike is overseas and i wonder if the LED light kit will be legal in EU...? have to do some research.

cheers!
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hi Joel
    Thank you
    Ill find your order and get you setup. the Xr will need a rectifier as well. You must have a aftermarket headlight? a stock H4 should take a H6m usually no problem in most eu countries we do have TUV certs. But some have outlawed LED conversions even with the proper certifications.