LEDRider - Quality LED aux lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JustinP, Oct 13, 2013.

1. gadogad

gadogad

Oddometer:
    I guess I would be referring to the "leg".
  2. madmaximum

madmaximum She said we're all idiots

Oddometer:
    Cyclops long range optimus
  3. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can flip the foot around easily if you want to reverse the mounting bracket. If you want to completely flip the bracket around you can, although we don't recommend it as it requires unscrewing the back of the light and sliding it down the wire to remove. That can twist on the wires going in as it's a tight waterpoof fit. if you do go that route, I suggest a little Vaseline on the wire, so it spins freely instead of twists when you unscrew it. However, just flipping the foot works as well for reversing the mounting in most cases.
  4. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ADV15 coupon does not work on the Cyclops products. We do free shipping on those, the coupon for that is "LDFS".

You might want to consider the LD35 light as well. Awesome range, more width, more overall light, great color and tint, and the quality is top notch. Can't beat this deal with the free dimmer:

http://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LD35WDP
  5. VietHorse

VietHorse Long timer

Oddometer:
    Recalculating... recalculating.... HCMC-Vietnam :)
    Got the LR5's from Justin. Awesome. really bright, high quality bracket, bolt and nuts, as well as wiring. I love them so much!
  6. VietHorse

VietHorse Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Link to trip report: HERE.
  7. RetiredandRiding

RetiredandRiding Retired to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread and would like to put fog lights on my '01 DRZ. The only night riding I do here in VN is in-town, though it gets foggy there, too.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!
  8. Funbronco

Funbronco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JustinP I sent a reply to our pm conversation.
  9. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian - sorry I missed it. Just replied!
  10. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd suggest a set of the Cyclops Optimus 10 watt lights, with the option amber wide beam filters. The amber is great for fog, and when it's not foggy, pop of the filters and you have some great driving lights.
  11. Spyderrider

Spyderrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 09 Weestrom and I purchases the CIL-OPR110 -SK kit lights, skeene dimmer and amber filters. I have "somewhat" opened up the bike and I cannot seem to figure out the harness. If I mount the relay way up front, the battery leads do not reach. If I mount relay back near the battery, as usual, I cannot reach the lights with those wires. The install diagram is rudimentary at best! I am not a experienced electrician by any means but would like to do this install myself! any help??

Cyclops? I tried calling but reached nobody!

By the way, very fast service!
  12. VietHorse

VietHorse Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lit up the night by JustinP's lights:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem you're having. Please shoot me a message at justing <at> ledrider.com with more details and some pictures if possible.
  14. Spyderrider

Oddometer:
    I have been on the phone and have gotten things figured out! Great service. Fingers crossed that I get her done. Will post photos when done.
  15. Spyderrider

Oddometer:
    Well I have installed the lights with Skeen controller & no switch. When the bike is keyed on, the LEDs light on low as expected. within two seconds however, they switch to high by them selves. When the high beams are switched on, the LEDs switch back to low. I have double checked and the white Skeene wire is connected to the yellow wire on the headlight harness which is supposed to be the high on a 09 Weestrom. The diagram also shows a resister with the blue wire. Mine does not have that. What do I do now?
  16. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's interesting. There should be a resistor in place between one of the blue wires and the red wire. It's very small, and near the base of the wires. If yours does not have that, please email me a picture to justin <at> ledrider.com so we can get the process going to get that swapped out for you. Terribly sorry you had an issue with your order, not sure how that happened - but we'll get it worked out.
  17. Spyderrider

Oddometer:
    wasn't there a posting with video of programming Skene dimmer??
  18. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Spyderrider

Oddometer:
    Justin
    I got it installed and working. The H4 harness had the high beam wire that was white! As for resistor, I don't know. It is installed and working. What was the resistor for? I also read you can adjust the default brightness on the Skene but since somebody on the phone said disregard the yellow wire, I didn't do anything with it. The programing said if it was left unconnected - the default brightness is 20%. Is there a way to still adjust it even though it is not attached? I really do not want to disassemble the bike again.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
  20. JustinP

JustinP Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the default level can be adjusted. Directions are here:

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/IQ_175_Programming.html

Here's is a video showing programming as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFftun7PMG8

Everything is done through the highbeam switch with the Skene dimmer.