1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:

Papal version.

You can tell because it's kinda holy.

:drums
  2. Signal 13

Signal 13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How are you packing that cot tent on your bike? Can you show me a photo of it on your bike? Would like to see how big it is compared to the bike when it is packed because it looks huge when opened up.
  3. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    On the loaded picture...that bottom, black bundle...that's the case that holds the cot/tent.

I strapped it on, looping one strap over the top, under the trunk bracket, across and under, and over the top on the other side. The ratchet I had on the top side where I could snug it down.

It was shorter than the width of the bike with the hard-cases mounted. The load looks like a tippy stack, but it rode well. It was on when I dropped the bike, and it stayed put.
    Undocumented, Signal 13 and globalt38 like this.
  4. Signal 13

Oddometer:
    I looked up the double-sized Kamp-Rite and it’s 42 pounds with a closed measurement of 12 x 45 x 12. In comparison, the single-sized Kamp-Rite weighs 25 pounds and has a closed measurement of 9 x 43 x 10.

I’m wondering which one you have and how big you are. I’m 6’ and about 200 lbs...wondering if I could get by with the single-sized. Seems like 25 lbs, plus the weight of a sleeping pad and bag would be manageable, but I’m not too certain that would be the case for the double-sized.
  5. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    Can you get by with the single? Depends on how old, how athletic you are - and how you react to close-in spaces.

Mine is the single; and it's smaller than it looks on that one photo. A single sleeping bag is bigger than the cot.

I'm six-two and my toes are brushing against the canvas with my head hitting the other side. Turning over is a project.

I use a CPAP machine, and I set it outside and run the tubing through the bottom of the tent door, so I breathe okay. But, honestly, if the weather is nice, you might be better off with a hammock. I found if rain wasn't forecast, I'd sleep better by just setting up the cot, leaving the tent unattached.
  6. Signal 13

Oddometer:
    A hammock is out of the question...been down that road and don't want to return.

I took a gamble and bought the Kamp-Rite single cot. For only $88, it wasn't much of a gamble, and if it doesn't work out for me I can either return it or my 7yo boy can make use of it. Thanks for all the info.
  7. vanislejay

vanislejay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's an Ursack Major. I would recommend the Ursack Major XL though. The Major is fine, but the extra space of the XL would be nice without any drawback for moto camping.
    GravelRider likes this.
  8. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I think I may pick one up
  9. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That size worked well for me
  10. ProLeisure

ProLeisure Gimme shelter... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's a few pictures from a weekend camping trip my wife and I did two weeks ago. We were the only ones there Friday night and there was one family camping down the road on Saturday. We had a great time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Happy Hour.

[​IMG]
    Happy Hour view.
  11. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello!! Well this is our latest setup (just put together and farkled this month) we will use to moto camp. We have always had the bike fully loaded for our 2up ADV without much room to spare. This KIPMOTO trailer will be a game changer. I have already purchased a bigger tent that we can actually stand up in and a pair of lightweight compact cots. Will also be able to bring better cooking stuff etc. and our collapsible cooler. Definately eager to test it all out! Cheers! 5A5F54FA-A527-4263-B107-B65F9DA2B335.jpeg 8CF74774-5C98-4A9A-8B7D-8EC33B29A68E.jpeg
  12. MotoChron

MotoChron Got Dirt?!

Oddometer:
    Love the orange! What tire are you running on the trailer?
  13. RoundTrip

RoundTrip Unintentional deerslayer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great photo but if that foam ear plug in the foreground fits your ears then your head must be enormous. :-)
    TGibson79, Clampett, ben2go and 3 others like this.
  14. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's funny you made an earplug joke. I was going to make a butt plug joke.

Yes, I have an immature sense of humor.
  15. TheBritAbroad

TheBritAbroad Just ride.

Oddometer:
    Holy crap @Oldschoolrocker you and honeybunny are going to be travelling in real style. Nice orange paint job and I like the Ready to Camp mod too. :photog
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  16. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Its a Shinko 244 I believe. Also picked up some KOYO bearings for the hub. Both recommended. Cheers!
  17. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Thanks Man!! Old “Competition Cams” come in handy for something! We cant wait to set up camp!
    TheBritAbroad and Snake Oiler like this.
  18. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    New tent. First time setup was around 5 minutes. 9,steaks and tarp pole. The seams are straight and taped. Steaks are cheap but "V" seems okay cord isn't reflective. It's 80 degrees out today so it's hot as hell inside.

So,all that,said .. I'm going to try it out this weekend I hope temps are to be in the high 30's. Rain tonight so it's staying up over night to see about leaks. Over all I'm pleased and the best part it was only 40 usd

River County tent
    https://rivercountryproducts.com/product/one-person-backpacking-tent/

20181010_144947.jpg 20181010_145047.jpg 20181010_145211.jpg

Peace
    waylongway, Clampett, Newner and 6 others like this.
  19. Signal 13

Oddometer:
    Very nice! I'm a fan of the Action Packers (have 5 of them myself) and it's cool the trailer is built around that. Any issue completing tight turns or u-turns while towing that trailer? What are all the S-biners for?
  20. MiteyF

MiteyF Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been considering building a 1 wheel trailer like that for some time now, you're pushing me over the edge!