let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. globalt38

globalt38 "A Fist Full of Throttle" Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where you headed Klebs01? Sounds like a "fair distance"!
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just starting to pack for the 4000 km run down to the BMW MOA rally on my '82 R65 LS. I'll try to take a few pics of what I end up with.
    JoToPe, Boxa and Maggot12 like this.
  3. airjammer

airjammer Western Colorado

Oddometer:
    This was 5 days. Could have gone more
    IMG_3644.jpg
    9585F0FB-FAD8-48BA-AE56-14E48A9696C9.jpeg
    72BC0FEB-856E-4BD9-9E96-B8AA016A5B3A.jpeg
  4. Nanin

Nanin Halfozze

Oddometer:
    Valencia-Spain-Europe / Banora Point-NSW-Australia
    DSCF0004.JPG DSCF0016.JPG DSCF0011.JPG DSCF0021.JPG

Two nights setup
    Birdu2, MickeyDee, Mxnut and 15 others like this.
  5. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. dstutz

dstutz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure the flag sticker on the left case belongs on the right.
    rooster shooter and Bigbugberg like this.
  7. klebs01

klebs01 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plan is to head around the world. Starting with Alaska, the south spending about 6 months in South America, then to Madrid and east to the Pacific.
    globalt38 likes this.
  8. frizzen

frizzen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    21 liter bags don't hold much so sleeping bag and air mattress in the yellow bag. Tent , hatchet etc in the black one. 4 liters of water, mountain house meals and mess kit in the panniers.

100_1914.JPG 100_1920.JPG
  9. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I had an 07 Strom, and my first couple camping trips were packed similar. I smiled when I saw your pics.
    With each outing, I thought, man I need to make this smaller. Especially if I want to go 2 up.

It wasn't cheap but I'm at a point now that each matt is a little larger than a beer can, sleeping bags are size of 2 lt pop bottle if one cut off the bottom and neck. Chairs are helonix knock offs. I carry 2 telescopic rods and a machete and or axe. Cooking gear too, and clothing for 2.

If it rains you may want to pull the side pegs a little further out and remove the stuff away from the end walls of the tent... :D

Odd spring here and it's still to cold to camp, so very jealous.

Thanks for sharing...

10. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a quick overnight camp mostly to try out some new stuff. Don't have a pic of it loaded since it looks the same since everything fit in all 3 bags. :lol2

[​IMG]
  11. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ok, on Wednesday I'm supposed to be hitting the road to Tennessee for the BMW MOA rally which they have moved from July to June to beat the heat of recent years. If my bike is finished at the shop I should be good to go, might be a Thursday departure. I'm heading out on my '82 R65 LS which I also plan to bring to the 40th anniversary rally in September in PA as well.

Not completely original but still reasonably clean.
    [​IMG]
    Been awhile since I've packed for a run but here's where I am so far.

It's an old bike so I'm rocking it old school and wearing my circa '93 Langlitz leathers that still fit.
    [​IMG]
    and some old school totally rubber rain gear
    [​IMG]
    for clothes: 3 pairs gitch, 3 pairs street socks, 3 t-shirts, 3 riding socks, 2 bicycle shorts, 1 regular shorts, 1 surf shorts, 1 lightweight street pants, 1 midweight jacket, 1 thermal top, 1 thermal bottoms, 1 lightweight street shoes, 1 Klim thermal pants, 1 down jacket, 2 buff's. This goes in my left pannier. If I needed to go lighter I could drop to 2 pairs gitch etc.
    [​IMG]
    cooking, kitchen stuff. 2 sets cutlery and plates in case someone joins me somewhere. Salt, pepper, spices and electrolyte tablets and a few other odds and ends. My swiss army knife always goes as well.
    [​IMG]
    Random stuff: pot set, stove, 2 x plates, insulated cup doubles as bowl, folding bowl, roll top toilet paper carrier, water bladder, espresso set, Dr Bronner's soap, accessory cord rated 1000 lbs, first aid kit, previous cooking stuff in stuff sack. All this in the right pannier.
    [​IMG]
    toiletries in the left pannier: pretty obvious, deodorant right of clippers, moisturizer and shampoo right of the toothpaste and of course my moustache comb.:lol3
    [​IMG]
    Sleep mode: Kermit chair, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, (replacement was bigger than expected), sheet, pee bottle, table, probably cold weather gloves and maybe down jacket. This all goes in the duffel on the seat.
    [​IMG]
    Mosko Moto Nomad tankbag is compartmentalized: under the beaver tail sidestand plate, camera (on a retractable lanyard), pen, pencil, tire gauge, dielectric grease, sunscreen. next pocket custom molded earphones, spare key, next pocket plenty of ear plugs and moto registration, next pocket charging cables and block, little slide pockets USB-SAE connect, spare headlamp AAA's, lucky labradorite rock, next pocket MOA anonymous book, GPS manual, new registration copy, next pocket throttle rocker, mini tripod, e-tape, lens cleaner, headlamp. Last pocket can take a water bladder which I will use for this trip and avoid a Camelback or like.
    [​IMG]
    I know my hard bags are not waterproof so I was very happy to find my Ortlieb roll top panniers fit nicely inside so I know everything is waterproof. One set of my straps are the perfect length for backup. The missus made Gertrude the octopus for me for good luck and the wee flamingo is half of a pair, she keeps the other one. For some odd reason she worries.
    [​IMG]
    The duffel gets strapped on with Mosko Moto Backcountry cinch straps. These straps were designed to be versatile as tow straps etc. I have used them to strap down luggage, to strap my bike down on a ferry and as a tow strap, they worked very well in all applications.
    [​IMG]
    I definitely have a few luxuries on board that I will not have for Siberia next year but as I'm staying on pavement as far as I know and just toodling along for a social event I figure I might as well be comfortable. I forgot to add my cigar case to the tankbag pic but I won't forget to pack it before I go. Fingers crossed that all goes well as last year my 3 week trip wound up being 2 days. Onward and upward!
  12. frizzen

frizzen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It did rain that night but I was ok. This was last August. I picked up another tent since then that packs up a little smaller. Also got a helinox knock off chair.

You can see some pix from my last ride in the ride reports. Look for geezer does new mexico and arizona in the day trip section.

Attached Files:

Maggot12 likes this.
  13. WRing FL

WRing FL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm a new inmate. I just went through the last 50 pages. Wow, though I was bringing too much. I ordered lighter gear a little bit ago. I'll post up when I head out. This add popped up. Found it funny.

Attached Files:

Mr Head and IslandMonkey like this.
  14. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Well done...

In your utensil pic, what's the cat arsehole starfish looking, brown knitted donut looking thingy?

Have a great trip.

Little out of the way, but if close by stop in for a beer, or if you need a place to stay. I'm here....

15. skibum69

Oddometer:
    It's a little pot scrubber.

Thanks for the invite but I think I'm going to run to Jerry's in Maine from the boat and I'm leaving the bike in Maryland so won't be back your way for awhile. We'll see what September brings then I got to the BMW R65 LS/R80 GS 40th anniversary rally in PA, don't know if I'll ride home or leave the bike on the mainland.
  16. YellerDog

YellerDog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    43E9371C-71D4-40D9-A272-8F68D9260B42.png 731A0B66-8D5C-4506-AEDA-130A3E089BF3.jpeg
    This was a 3 day trip. Food bought at stores and restaurants. If I’m doing a week long trip I’ll add 2 more T-shirt’s and a pair of socks and undies. All my tools fit under the seat of the Africa twin and always have them. The rest of my gear fits easily in the giant loop with space to add a 6 pack of beer before I head to camp. Have the rok straps to lash on anything else I might ever need to pick up.
    Nick MN, Snake Oiler, MYUMPH and 3 others like this.
  17. skibum69

Oddometer:
    On the road to Tennessee tomorrow, added a couple of things that weren't in the last post like my bigger KTM tool roll and a little case of cigars. My 2 hour shake down run home in the rain last night left me feeling good about setting off an a 4000 km run.
    Kidder, Maggot12 and Mr Head like this.
  18. dcycleman

dcycleman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if they will come out with a good looking functional pannier set for the triumph. Love that bike man, congrats
  19. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1, very cool bike.
  20. skibum69

Oddometer:
    That little bike has taken me 4500 km’s since Thursday, today was the first day under 900 km’s. I’ve been running most of the time at 125 km/hr only 1000 rpm under redline and it loves it! Tomorrow Tail of the Dragon!
    Maggot12 and Sunday Rider like this.