let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. JoToPe

JoToPe JoToPe

Oddometer:
    @AWolff - your kit is most excellent. Having acquired many choice pieces of kit myself, you have given me some Christmas presents my wife doesn’t know she’s getting me. As a gear whore, I find you can never have too many choice pieces to grow your collection.
    smackyface and Geek like this.
  2. smackyface

smackyface Boldly going wherever Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. gmk999

gmk999 ____ as a Rotax

Oddometer:
    On the Minipump set up.. I have the Gigapump original (Cube shape ,large outlet) infact I have 3 the battery lasts at least 1 hour running time.

But the reason that I am posting is to make y'all aware that aside from airing up your mattress, it is a GREAT fire bellows, and a good boot dryer.
    Also , My son burned one out by accidentally letting it run in his backpack on the way home from a AT trip. the push button switch IMO is a design flaw.
    ProLeisure and Geek like this.
  4. AWolff

AWolff AWolff Supporter

Oddometer:
    A lot of stuff had to come and go to settle on that setup. Works great for me. Enjoy your Not So Secret Santa shopping!

5. tomcat125

tomcat125 Lazy Bum

Oddometer:
    My flextail gear pump has a push button that is flush with the bottom. You have to double tap it quickly to turn it on. Pretty good way to keep from accidentally turning on.
  6. CuberBob

CuberBob Lurker/roamer

Oddometer:
    I haven't accidentally turned something on in quite some time...
  7. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    Excellent setup, less is more, you should teach those "Adventure" riders how to pack only the essentials.
    During my trip a couple of months ago to central Australia I was on my 690 Enduro with a AltRider Hemisphere 40L plus a Helinox chair and I came across a rider on a VeeStrom that he was complaining on how many times he had dropped it and needed to always keep an eye on the bike because he carried laptop, iPad, cameras and lenses hard drives etc etc, the thing was like a pack mule. I don't call that fun riding and "Adventuring"

This is me on my pumpkin with tent and all camping equipment for two weeks on the road, the bike is the one on the right :lol3

Image 9-10-21 at 9.42 am.jpg
    Geek, Jorugburn, Clampett and 3 others like this.
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    smackyface and nvklr like this.
  9. NYNJ8

NYNJ8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I followed good advice (which I rarely do) and started out with the $100 Walmart camping experience. It was a great foray into Moto camping and taught me a lot about what I really want to bring along with me. Since returning from this short overnight I have been scouring the net obsessively looking for gear. I’m having a hard time beating the value of this $25 tent. Though I would like a full coverage rain fly and more vertical walls. Looking at the marmot limelight - likely 3p

Need lighter weight panniers too. I was over 50lbs with light packing for a single overnight with no food or cooking supplies. 22lbs of panniers…
    FA08DA8D-2FBE-48D5-87F7-B6DA107C1EBE.jpeg B025C32A-F327-47F5-985A-3C9C978D59BE.jpeg 67C35AE9-6A32-40A5-92E5-FF64B41006D8.jpeg
    HuckIt, gpfan, Jorugburn and 5 others like this.
  10. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    I pack a limelight 2P. Love it. The vertical sidewall they have is a hand changer. IMG_20210614_173638913_HDR.jpg
    CavReconSGT, ProLeisure and Geek like this.
  11. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Consider and REI Quarter Dome 2 for your tent.

mine’s been aces for almost a decade, and fits your description pretty well.
    GSmotomind likes this.
  12. Crotch Rocket

Crotch Rocket "if you get off the couch, shit happens"

Oddometer:
    I use the quarter dome also. One feature I really like is the vestibules. I can get most of my gear under the little awnings out of the rain and dew.
    GSmotomind and bomber60015 like this.
  13. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Since it snowed here yesterday: how my camping gear is stored when not on the bike: :D

[​IMG]
    DaveCR, toecutta, globalt38 and 11 others like this.
  14. ScottTheFalcon

ScottTheFalcon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do love to look into other peoples garages and cupboards. I wish I could spread my stuff out that much. My most pressing question is the 3 tool tubes - are they for different bikes or do you mount more than one at a time?
    Geek likes this.
  15. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    It is all dynamic.
    I grab whatever gear matches the specific upcoming ride best. I've had those tractor tubes for 10 or 15 years and they've been on multiple bikes :)

With my GS, I use the SWmotech pro carriers which quarter-turn-quick-release from the bike and are compatible with both the hard panniers and soft panniers.

The swollen yellow and black wolfman dry bags in the right cabinet have an Echo Park -20 bag and an Echo Park +20 sleeping system in each (I squeeze them down when leaving... leave them puffy but sealed when stored).

:freaky
  16. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    That is great and what I need to do, a couple of moths ago I forgot to pack my sleeping bag because the sleeping bags are inside the house and the rest of the equipment in my workshop so I had to ride an extra 500km to the nearest city to purchase another.
    I shall tidy up the space in my workshop and keep it all together.
    Geek and bomber60015 like this.
  17. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I don't want to mislead you - the other side of my shop is usually an absolute mess (it is a "dynamic mess" depending on what I'm upto :D
    At least this afternoon the autumn colors are helping distract me. :norton

[​IMG]
  18. ScottTheFalcon

ScottTheFalcon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I don't see any mess, I see a great view :)
  19. KYwoodsrider

KYwoodsrider Base Camping and Day Tripping

Oddometer:
    Here is my CRF450L loaded for a 4 day trip thru KY, VA, NC and TN
    20211018_161703.jpg

20211020_144604.jpg

My basic packing method is:
    * camping gear in the right side pannier
    * clothes, food, and personal items in the
    left pannier
    * tools and emergency items in the tail bag
    * camping chair on the seat
    * no back pack or tank bag
    Set up looks like this
    20211018_185739.jpg

Tent is a Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 person
    Sleeping pad is an Exped Down Mat
    I use an Enlighted Equipment Revelation 20 degree rated quilt instead of a sleeping bag
    The chair is from Walmart
    NTTF, ClutchDumpinDan, jwwr and 20 others like this.
  20. sasho

sasho Dual Personality

Oddometer:
    What is it?