lets see your 9fiffftttyyy in video

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by frank wheelbarrow, Apr 9, 2007.

1. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speedy, I thought I recognized that place, then I was thought for sure it was Highland Park, but then you got on the track and my first instinct was right. That's a fun place to ride and the guy who owns it is pretty awesome, I spent a lot of time out there on my 300 getting my ass kicked by old guys. I only had my SE out there once and it was on street tires and I busted out the window on my rear brake master cylinder but it was a hoot. That first hill climb to get onto the trails right where the road turns left to go around the pond is awesome. There are two jumps that clear another crossing trail, the first one is pretty easy and slightly up hill but the one right after it is a lot bigger and goes down hill. It can be really intimidating and several of the guys I rode with out there would roll it. I spanked it on the SE and about shit myself with excitement.

What are you using to film with? Your bike sounds awesome on the audio. A lot better than mine sounds coming through my GoPro.
  2. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    a buddy does a lot of mini SM riding up there, so we went for a ride in the woods for a change. :)

I run 1080p 30fps and the open door back with a sheet or two of paper towel inserted to keep out dust.

Ive only ridden there a couple of time and it's been a while (we did the Jimmy Lewis school there a year or two ago). Hopefully I'll get invited back and will scout more trails. the stuff in the back is tight but good workout. :)
  3. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    haven't got a big pumpkin myself but everyone i ride with does for some reason... been getting a few rides when we swap bikes and i reckon that power on tap could get mighty addictive...

4. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:
    Just got done throwing some clips together from riding at Rowher Flats in California. I know its long, but it was more for my memory of the trip than anything else. The more technical single track stuff is towards the end, and if you want music, feel free to play your own in the background. :D

5. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    Damn gearhead that's some gnarly shit! It looks like blast!
    gearheadE30 likes this.
  6. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    looks like some awesome terrain... if i ever get over that side of the pond i reckon CA will be my first stop!
    gearheadE30 likes this.
  7. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:
    Yeah, California has some pretty good riding depending on where you are, but I think the best is probably Nevada, Utah, and Colorado, personally. There is more open area and a lot less regulation as far as where you can or can't go. It's hard to go wrong though; I live in Indiana, so anywhere where there are mountains is a pretty big improvement for me.
  8. -DeMoN-

-DeMoN- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is a quick video about the importance of suspension set up.
    frickenmotarded likes this.
  9. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...and the importance of safety gear as well I'm guessing?
    -DeMoN- likes this.
  10. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    juames, -DeMoN-, SpeedyR and 4 others like this.
  11. GJ990

GJ990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The sand makes her tired, so we took a nap :-)
  12. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Everything looked like you were floating in than sand but then it looked like when it went down it went down quick/hard.... Did you hit something?
  13. GJ990

GJ990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did I hit something? Yes, the end of my talent:-)

Jokes aside, there were some really deep ruts. People in 4x4 vehicles find it enormously funny doing donuts on these tracks and then if you come along and don't concentrate on hitting those ruts as square on as possible you go down in a hurry. One day when I'm grown up I'll get a steering damper...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    alvincullumyork likes this.
  14. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never ridden that type of sand. Deep desert wash sand yes, but not that deep fine type of sand in the vid. Cheers.
  15. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    I could see in a few spots prior to the crash the camera/mount would hit something and sand would fly. the last time it seemed like that was what happened just with a bit more force.

I need to try some new camera mounting spots. I will probably try to fit a base on the front of the tank somewhere (powercell) and I also got a new helmet mount from a company ProShot cam. I think it's going to work well.
  16. GJ990

GJ990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I find it best to mount the camera on some part of my body. If I mount it directly to the bike it picks up every bump and vibration. The body acts as a damper and makes for smoother video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  17. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same camera angles that they used on the A Team episodes!
  18. Snowhite808

Snowhite808 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    alvincullumyork likes this.
  19. Racer111v

Racer111v Long timer

Oddometer:
    In 2013 at Cloughs state park, River loop single track. This video helped inspire me to loose #30 pounds after listening to this.

20. alvincullumyork

Oddometer:
    ^ that's some hairy shit! Good work!