lets see your 9fiffftttyyy in video

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by frank wheelbarrow, Apr 9, 2007.

1. -DeMoN-

-DeMoN- Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Had a few hours to put a video together from early part of 2016
    rainmaker8, Tafella, juames and 2 others like this.
  2. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    playing around with a buddy a couple of weekends ago... fun little hill climb. as always it's a bit steeper than it looks:

https://goo.gl/photos/1fdMssvwifUKrvgs5

well looks like Google photos video won't embed. oh well, click on the link it's higher quality than youtube anyway. :)
    oldfuddy and alvincullumyork like this.
  3. ThirdUncle

ThirdUncle More will than skill

Oddometer:
    Last dirt ride of 2016. Kinda crap rez, but... these are a few of the trails I ride to visit my mamma. Fun being a good son.

NonstopBanana, JOKER650 and -DeMoN- like this.
  4. ex1

ex1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    chainbreaker and Bartek990 like this.
  5. Alejo

Alejo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone out there....

Wanted to show you a little of our off roads here in Costa Rica, hope you enjoy it.

-DeMoN- likes this.
  6. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some two track in the Daniel Boone National Forest on the 950. Really looking forward to that taller suspension...

SpeedyR and godzuki like this.
  7. godzuki

godzuki live better speed more

Oddometer:
    okay im coming down to KY to ride with you some time those trails look like some real fun. gearhead. what part of KY is this in by the way or nearest city. ohh any campgrounds near here.
    gearheadE30 likes this.
  8. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    That's in the Daniel Boone National Forest, and the gravel road that I pop out onto goes straight to where I was camping. I think it was called S Tree Campground or something like that. I'm going to try to get back down there this year sometime, because those trails were pretty solid and about perfect for a big bike without having to work too hard.
  9. godzuki

godzuki live better speed more

Oddometer:
    were are you from in Indiana, and yea that's what I though quad width trails just right for big bikes and those trails look decently interesting and guys from many different skill levels could ride it with out to much trouble. I could probably pull off a 3 day weekend or something like that to do it.
  10. GoGoGavin41

GoGoGavin41 Waves to Moto Cops (and they wave back)

Oddometer:
    Nothing more gratifying than throwing these things around on stuff some guys would call "too technical for a 650".
  11. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    @godzuki - I'm down in Columbus. Yeah, those trails are good for a range of people, because you can go pretty slow and take it easy without getting stuck, or if you're comfortable on the bike you can wick it up and make it as challenging as you want, haha.

@GoGoGavin41 - yeah, it's a heck of a good time. It's always a little amazing how well these bikes eat it up, even with the low suspension like mine. Every once in awhile, I forget that they do take a loooot longer to stop from speed than a little bike though, haha.
  12. drmracni

drmracni Montenegro

Oddometer:
  13. oss

oss n00b

Oddometer:
    Here is a season closure video from Latvia with our LC8's. Crossed some water...did some drone footage. We also did outline our next season plans (Magadan it is ;) ) in the video. So, enjoy, guys. Hope you'll like it ;)
    outbacktm, dooby, Dusty and 4 others like this.
  14. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    More KAT clips, this time with a more well-rounded selection of scenery, and the other people on the trip with me. I know, I know, there are BMWs in the video...

15. beewill

beewill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun ride. Did you do the whole loop? If so, how long did it take for you to do?
  16. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    No, we didn't do the whole loop. We had a grand total of 3 days to ride down from Indiana, ride some of the trails, and then ride back. I'd have to go back and look at the tracks, but we started from the southernmost point and headed to the northwest from there. I can't remember how much we did, but I think it was between a quarter and a third of it. Planning to finish it off this year, potentially with a 950SE added to the mix if we can get @godwinmt to sleep in a tent... :dirtdog
    godwinmt likes this.
  17. ThirdUncle

Oddometer:
    @gearheadE30 How long is the KAT loop? It looks custom-made for my SE.
    Get any decent moonshine down there? Can you run a 950 on it?
  18. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    @ThirdUncle I actually don't know, but it takes 4-5 days to do it. We went down on a 3 day weekend, which means only probably 2 days of riding the KAT itself. I think we did maybe a third of it? The trails are posted here on ADV somewhere. If you can't find them, PM me and I can find some way to get them to you. Dunno if the 950 runs on 'shine, but turns out I run pretty well on it, haha.

And because it's a video thread - just got done putting a few more things together from when I was still a relative newb at the whole off road thing. Clips from my travels around the US in 2014, out in Nevada. I'm never sure about putting music in these things, but this one had pretty boring audio and needed something to keep it moving.

19. frickenmotarded

frickenmotarded Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. ThirdUncle

Oddometer:
    keener likes this.