Let's see your GS offroad!

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Clayton Bigsby, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Yev

Yev Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. ozcruiser

ozcruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. adam71

adam71 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode through with a couple buddies and we just stumbled onto it. I couldn't really tell you any specifics other than its across a bridge from the main road.
  4. brooklyncountry

brooklyncountry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Land of twisties, cheese and beer and lovin’ it
    060A13E1-C654-438F-8290-55703B4B0A9F.jpeg
    krussell, Chipk, ejm4 and 5 others like this.
  5. flatlandmoto

flatlandmoto vigilant adventurer

Oddometer:
    0F41B48B-EC15-4FFD-91A7-D74F0D1C1BF9.jpeg Nmbdr
    krussell, Humpzilla, Clay-doh and 8 others like this.
  6. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way...

Oddometer:
    C553FCB5-59F1-4EDA-9F59-A44CF0AD025F.jpeg First forage off pavement with the new steed yesterday. This is just the glam shot before we hit the ruts, sand,humps and ledges. Fun stuff even on A3’s. This bikes an incredible upgrade from the 1150!
    krussell, Clay-doh, ogklx400 and 4 others like this.
  7. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi ladies. I'm Zubb. I'm an avid kayaker and love a well laundered garment. The unpaved road is where I spend my weekends when I'm not volunteering my time at the local church. While my eye-sight isn't what it used to be, I stay active and fit and love long weekends on my R1200GS Adventure and while it has a kickstand, I'm a center-stand kind of guy. Kind of like how I live my life..centered. This bike takes me places I could easily get to on foot but with the twin 125 horsepower motor and upright seating position..well enough about my bike. What about you? Hit me up.

Hi Sheila, didn't see you there in the bush. Aren't you glad I came around down this forgotten trail? Don't let the goggles or big German bike scare you. I'm a kind bloke at heart. I prefer exploration safely with my full gear and proper tires. While I don't use the center stand, I do have a side-stand enlarger which should show you that I am a considerate guy always planning for the worst case scenario. did you see I brought plenty of LEDs in case we get stranded out here past dark? Hop on the back. you can use my gloves.

Hey there hun, this isn't what it seems like and I promise I know what I'm doing. This is my 2nd love, after ladies of course. My GS Adventure. She's just taking a little nap. I call her Susanna. What's your name? You know, a lot of men would be embarrassed to drop their bike on such small rocks but me, meh not only am I proud to be an ADV-Rider, I also don't worry about these expensive German parts. the bike is made for this. With proper gear, you can see I'm a pretty safe guy, trust worthy and humble. I may go off in the woods for a few days at a time exploring nature and discovering myself but if you wanted to join me, I wouldn't put up a fight. The Redverz Atacama tent can sleep 2 very comfortably. Want to join?

-----

sorry guys, every time I see a GS guy posing with his bike I like to write match.com profiles for you. Let's not make this a thing though but sometimes I can't help myself
    mikegc, Hogges, handensco and 5 others like this.
  9. Dackrover

Dackrover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Turn about is fair play, so here's an unsolicited match profile / gratuitous roasting for you...let's test YOUR sense of humor in taking a ribbing:

Hey girl...'sup! I'm Adam... 6'3", 32" inseam +1.5" with boots on when I'm standing. Don't get the wrong idea here -- I am a one woman man, and my heart is already taken...but just can't deny myself another chance to humble-brag a few things -- of course sprinkling in a few bits of self-deprecation here and there, if only to cloak my anal expulsive drive to otherwise overshare, hoping to impress with my conspicuous appreciation for the finer things in life...you know, coffee presses, imported beers, Apple laptops, etc....and of course FARKLESSSSS! Rest assured, I am not adding so many fiddly little bits to my ride to compensate for any shortcomings in my other fiddly things...that's just a nasty rumor! Those pics from the MOA rally are totally deceptive...that water was COOOOLD! Anyway, hit me up if you ever want to chat about my life...my job...my computing habits...my bikes or any of my other name-brand stuff!:photog
  10. Seregaua2

Seregaua2 n00b

Oddometer:
    2019_0707_12582400.jpg 2019_0707_16295100.jpg 2019_0707_16334900.jpg 2019_0705_21103100.jpg 2019_0701_17445500.jpg 2019_0705_20545900.jpg IMG-70702c62a9a7918f7e5050d05884f910-V.jpg Roads of Ukraine (Cherkasy region)
  11. Tisatoy

Tisatoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3728.jpg full]1798198[/ATTACH]
    PARIAH and GSteve like this.
  12. Zubb

Oddometer:
    laughing my @ss off!!! That’s perfect Adam.
    It is fun sometimes to have a photog riding buddy who occasionally tries to set up a ‘keeper’ photo. Well played sir.
    AdamChandler and Dackrover like this.
  13. Zubb

Oddometer:
    You guys could make money at this.
    AdamChandler and Dackrover like this.
  14. Dackrover

Dackrover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The thing I probably have most in common with Adam is NOT a shared love of GS bikes...it's love of the sound of our own respective voices, truth be told! One related difference then being ... I am at least aware it's a character flaw that is shared!

To re-rail things, here is photo evidence of my own center-stand preferences when offroad...this of my 2005 and first of several GS steeds...as good as the LC bikes are, I still miss this old donkey:

Attached Files:

15. ADVRKD

ADVRKD Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
  16. Cottwood

Cottwood Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Two days ago Glacier National Park in the rain. 40 degrees. Back in Denver today 84 degrees.

Attached Files:

17. ozcruiser

ozcruiser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. Switchglide12

Switchglide12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    California grape farm. I asked direction from the farmer he told me to ride thru his farm then make left when I hit pavement. So I snap this picture.
    IMG_7040.JPG
    S-curvy, Rex Solgar, krussell and 3 others like this.
  19. SKAKAVAC

SKAKAVAC Learning the hard way.

Oddometer:
    Off-road.
    E2A03C17-8F4F-430B-8B6D-1A1696EAA990.jpeg
    Eric_Dutch, cerv, Rex Solgar and 23 others like this.
  20. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are supposed to keep the rubber side down....

Hope the bike is ok.