Let's see your pick-up trucks!!!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by trevorf, Jun 2, 2014.

1. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ram definitely had a recall on this. They wouldn't stop harassing me about mine. The dealership called and emailed weekly. Ram mailed me a bunch of notices. I don't personally know anyone affected by it. I had two in the generation that were recalled and never had an issue with it. However, it only takes one for people to get concerned...and rightfully so. Here is the lowdown on what happened.

1greenmachine likes this.
  2. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    I doubt the fancy tailgates are being purchased by people who use their trucks hard. But for people like me, who use a 1/2T as a daily driver simply because I find it to be about the most comfortable vehicle out there and has just enough oomph to tow a travel trailer if I can ever afford one, they'd be great. The only things I "haul" for work are me, a brief case and, during hail season, a collapsible ladder - I could do it all in a Prius. But I love my truck.
    WARRIORPRINCEJJ and villageidiot like this.
  3. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Honestly, I tend to haul lighter stuff in my truck bed. If its heavy, I'm typically using one of the trailers. I have the truck to tow the trailers, not for the bed. To me, the bed is just an added bonus.
    Bt10 and Hannda like this.
  4. Hannda

Oddometer:
    Funny. I love the new GM styling (mine's a '17), and you like the Fords. About thirty five years ago I met an old farmer in Texas. We were discussing a difference of opinions and he said "Well, son, that's why they make Fords and Chevys." I don't remember him, the claim or the full conversation - but that part I remember 100%.
    ydarg and WARRIORPRINCEJJ like this.
  5. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least that's the quiet common rail, could have the old VP44 would have the neighbors screaming as it's idling outside rattling everyone's windows.:smile6
  6. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a simple straight forward solution to fix it, glad our truck at work is the manual lock version.
  7. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand you completely because my 1/2 ton is used pretty much the same exact way, and that's how these trucks are mostly used. It's the guys that has to have the 3/4ton duramax/cummins/powerstroke off road package $80k trucks that like you say could handle it in a prius that are the head scratchers. The other thing is doesn't this tailgate only come on the Denali top packages?

Funny thing is I've only owned Chevy pickups but these new designs 19+ trucks seem to be either love or hate, got a buddy that's a huge mopar guy and he hates the look of the new Rams. If i had the money to buy a brand new 3/4 truck it would come down to either Ford or Ram and mostly only for the Cummins.
    WARRIORPRINCEJJ and Hannda like this.
  8. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I’m the opposite on the GM vs Ford styling debate. When the GMT 900 trucks came out in 08 (ok, it was officially an 07.5), I hated them. I hated the round styling and the interiors looked like a Cobalt at the time.

I had owned nothing but GM to that point and had an 06 LBZ Dmax CCSB at the time. Prior to that I had an 01 GMC 2500HD, a 97 C3500, a 97 S-10, etc...

When the 11 super duty came out I liked the styling and at that time the engine gas choice because I wasn’t going back to a diesel truck due to all the horror stories about HPFP failures and the regen issues so I ended up with a 11 SCSB F250 with the 6.2 which was a great truck.

Currently have a 13 F250 CCSB and it has also been a great truck.

Now that the 20 trucks are available, I’m liking the GMs with the 6.6 gas engine because I feel like they have the styling and interior down again and it doesn’t look like it was carried over from a car. I love the idea of the blue oval with a 7.3 gas engine but I’m kind of Ford’ed out with the very heavy duty truck ride when the most I really haul anymore is my GSA in the bed (which is the primary reason I whine like an old man about the height of trucks today).
  9. Hannda

Oddometer:
    I was hoping it would be available on the SRT package.
  10. monjorrow

monjorrow Young n Dumb

Oddometer:
    I'll show mine off a bit. Just a stock '18 Z71 double cab. Only aftermarket is the camper top and a dual battery setup.

20190616_180720.jpg
    20181224_183328.jpg
    20181223181633_IMG_0776.JPG
  11. Hannda

Oddometer:
    I was hoping they came on the SLT package as well. That's what I have now and prefer it to the Denali.
    1greenmachine likes this.
  12. monjorrow

monjorrow Young n Dumb

Oddometer:
    You can get a multi pro tailgate on an SLT truck.
    Hannda and 1greenmachine like this.
  13. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    WARRIORPRINCEJJ and monjorrow like this.
  14. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you continue? The trail ahead looks tough!
  15. monjorrow

monjorrow Young n Dumb

Oddometer:
    Yep we make it all the way to the top. Truck really surprised me in how it handled the really tough spots,a good spotter helped as well. That's House Mountain trail in Sedona, AZ if anyone is interested.
    tony the tiger and VxZeroKnots like this.
  16. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm going in for the tailgate recall on my 2013 Ram. I'm thinking it will a quick visit.

DSCN0134.JPG
    VxZeroKnots, manx16, TOYBARN and 6 others like this.
  17. JGNC

JGNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    The dog and I got lost for a few hours on the way back from brunch. 20191023_121511.jpg 20191023_122134.jpg
    tony the tiger, manx16, ACR and 7 others like this.
  18. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
  19. WARRIORPRINCEJJ

WARRIORPRINCEJJ Forsaken

Oddometer:

Unfortunately, when it comes to Cummins, they've heard (almost) the whole gamut.

I've also had a 12V VE-pumped truck, and a 2nd Gen 24V with the VP44. :-)

I agree. :nod

Here needs to share those pics here, IMHO...

https://advrider.com/f/threads/so-show-us-your-4x4-adventure-then.1411718/
  20. JGNC

JGNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately.

It's a long story that I'd share over a beer if you didn't already escape. :lol3
  21. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the 24 valve is louder than the old 12vs, something with adding electronic injection makes them louder like the mechanical 855 vs electronic N14.