Let's see your pick-up trucks!!!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by trevorf, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Dorman. Got them from Rock Auto.
    Johnny Kilo likes this.
  2. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pick up an enclosed trailer yesterday in Macon, GA. 21.4 mpg getting there, 11.6 mpg getting back. Aero really hits above 55.

Gray one on right.

IMG_20200201_114715051_HDR.jpg
  3. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never heard of pumping grease into it, just my luck I'd screw up something doing that. The old ones were napa junk, I got timkin this time so should outlast the truck, its sitting apart as no one had the dust shields so had to order those.

For the most part I dont mind working on stuff, the rust part sucks especially seeing your truck with 96k on it rusting to death. The plus side it was 45* today so almost got down to a t shirt working on it.

So when's that F250 going for sale....asking for a friend.:augie
  4. hooligan998

hooligan998 Save a life, grope your wife.

Oddometer:
    What engine is in the truck?
  5. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've replaced a dozen or more on about 4 chevys. First time gets never seize all over. Next time less than 1hr job. Units are mostly the same, timkens don't last more than any other mid grade brand; there is no long lasting repair because of design.
  6. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I want to get a couple more years out of it (read: sans payment) but will definitely loop you in for your friend . It’s just getting to the point where it needs some annoying repairs, nothing major but I’ve had to do some work over the past year. Sitting at 95k now.

Next up on ydarg’s shade tree adventures is the charcoal canister. I’m tired of taking 20 min to fill it up.
    1greenmachine likes this.
  7. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sadly that's where my truck is at, plus throw in the rusting away issue and I'd rather upgrade but the money isnt there so deal with what I've got. It's crazy how our trucks have the same mileage but your frame rails look like new.

So I have a vent, the dust shield was pretty rotten and got trashed pounding out the hub....these things are extra rare and must be made of gold for what they cost.

2nd rant, yesterday placed my first and last rockauto order, paid for Express delivery thinking I'd get it tomorrow....yeah try next thursday as I didnt see a little box stating delayed delivery. Oh add the fact you can only email them really sucks.
    ydarg and sieg like this.
  8. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I swear I anti seized it last time, obviously not enough but I'll be pounding as much as possible this time. If I can get 5 years out of it then the truck will be done.
  9. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    I am not a fan of Rock Auto.

I've only recently bought a few things from them like the cab mounts because they were in stock and were 1/2 the price of anyone else I could find. Have read other stories in other forums where people could not get customer service to respond, parts that were supposed to be drop shipped were never shipped, core returns that took forever to get credit for, things along those lines.

For OEM parts, I go to the local blue oval dealer or will find one of the Ford dealers like fordpartsgiant that sells online. I get parts for the wife mobile from the local FCA/Jeep dealer and pay through the nose. Fortunately her car is still newish and hasn't really needed anything that wasn't under warranty.
  10. GPD323

GPD323 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2017 Super Cab Ecoboost 2.7 with STX package. Lots of upgrades to the STX pack. Bought through Costco. MSRP was 43K, OTD was 34K with some incentives, package deals and CC buying program. We use it to tow this Keystone.

Attached Files:

11. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    Nice truck and beautiful camping.
  12. MNdirt

MNdirt less than 1% juice

Oddometer:
    Did the same to my 97 F150 reg cab short box today. Pretty sure I'll be hearing an air hammer in my sleep tonight.
  13. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    So today pretty much sums up everything you need to know about me and how my luck goes.

sunday ordered the part on RA, yesterday get the confirmation email and that's when I find out that it wont ship till next week. Contacting RA is a joke and when I finally get a email it's pretty much tough luck. As its sitting in my driveway on jack stands and I need the truck this weekend I do the only option i have and order it from a dealer down south in the state =$$$ but I'll have it next day.

So back to today, my wife texts me that the part is here so I'm thinking great job from the dealer....except it's not from them but from RA even after they told me it's a 5 day wait before it ships, so because they cant figure out their shipping I just spent $109 on a fucking piece of tin.:baldy so now I have a extra one I dont need.

Thru work I get a very nice discount thru the local GM dealer and from here on out its them or local parts stores.
    ydarg likes this.
  14. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got a big air hammer I call the destroyer as it pretty much breaks whatever is in its way....didnt budge the hub. My 10lb sledgehammer did thou.
    MNdirt likes this.
  15. GPD323

GPD323 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parts Geek has better prices than RA BTW.
  16. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Partsgeek was ~$160 higher for the same parts when I bought those body mounts recently. No one was even close to the prices that RA had. PG does their best to disguise the actual part numbers to keep you from price shopping, but the dorman catoalog only lists one set of replacement bushings for my truck so I am confident they're the same parts from both places.

I'm not a RA fanboy, I just do my homework.
    PG.JPG
    RA.JPG
  17. GPD323

GPD323 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I replaced all 3 motor mounts on a Ford Focus, PG was a less $$ that RA. I guess it pays to shop around. :clap:clap
  18. adam728

adam728 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Always shop around. I use Rock Auto a lot. Just ordered stuff yesterday in fact.

But often the same parts can be had for the same cost or less through the local Advance Auto, Car Quest, O'rileys, etc. And other time Rock Auto is like damn near half the cost.
    Bt10 likes this.
  19. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:

Nice, is that the Washington Coast?............Oregon Coast?
  20. PK2

PK2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great day at a car show at Torquay Victoria.
    20200209_145432.jpg FB_IMG_1581239436090.jpg
    And there was a Tucker there! Only one in Australia, awesome to check it out!

20200209_141517.jpg