1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's see your pick-up trucks!!!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by trevorf, Jun 2, 2014.

1. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    I miss Herman too, hell of a good truck. Duke is good too, stronger and a bit fancier, but Herman was all truck.
    villageidiot likes this.
  2. WYO George

Oddometer:
    Short beds are nice to look at, but I’ll never own one again. If was a good truck though, but it’s replacement is doing good too now that the bugs are all worked out.
    048962CA-2797-40A3-9C43-357108AC435E.jpeg
  3. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks like a 8ft in the other pic, honestly the 6.5ft would be plenty as I'm used to my 5ft box on my truck. With our daughter we need the crew cab and having a really hard time having to drop over $35k for a 6 year old truck with over 60k miles on it.

I'm glad to hear the cummins is finally treating you good.:thumb
    villageidiot likes this.
  4. WYO George

Oddometer:
    It's definitely an 8 ft in both, my last short bed was a 2001 Superduty and while I liked the looks of a short bed extended cab and it was pretty maneuverable off-road being about the shortest wheelbase of that size truck, the short bed was such a pain that I decided I'd never go back. On a halfton I am OK with a short bed as I don't use them for much work, but a 3/4-1 ton is big enough for me to want as much truck as I can get. It's a personal thing though just like cab size there is no "one size fits all".

Yeah, the Cummins is great it just had a few bugs to work out which is probably why I got a good deal on it.

Speaking of good deal, Herman the 2013 F250 was the deal of the century. When I bought it the truck was 3 years old with 52k miles and I paid $14,000 for it. When I traded it in the truck was six years old with 104k miles and they gave me 14,000 trade in for it. I could have sold it outright for a bit more, but I was in a bit of a hurry and found a good deal on the Cummins. Still, when's the last time you drove a truck for three years and 52k miles without loosing a penny?
  5. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    You use your trucks for work like my Dad so the biggest bed is what you need, myself not so much so the shorter bed might actually fit in my garage which would be nice. With the car seat it's really nice having a crew cab, theres a F250 extended cab at the dealer that's really sharp looking but not really a option as the rear seat area looks pretty cramped.

You deserve a big you suck for the deal you got on your old truck, that price usually has about 200k miles on it and pretty beat up. With these trucks all starting at $60-80k new it was really kept used truck prices high....insanely high IMO.

Sometimes it take gritting your teeth and dealing with the headaches to end up with a good truck, hopefully it stays that way.
    WYO George likes this.
  6. nevermind

nevermind increasingly less

Oddometer:
    Never ever never... :D:D:D
    WYO George and Fire Escape like this.
  7. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Redneck load leveling.:lol3
    20200509_083559.jpg
    ydarg and WYO George like this.
  8. WYO George

Oddometer:
    1greenmachine likes this.
  9. WYO George

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that was the good thing about the last oilfield bust; getting a nearly new truck for payoff so the guy didn’t have to default on it!
    ydarg and 1greenmachine like this.
  10. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got home last night and figured it would be better to take some load off over night.
    WYO George likes this.
  11. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    If you need the long bed, go for it. I can personally count on one hand the number of times I wished I had one, and it’s only been when loading two big ADV bikes in the back. It would be nice to be able to close the gate with two bikes back there.

I live in the city and parking is bad enough with a short bed.

My latest blue oval complaint is the fact that they don’t put LATCH anchor points in the backseat of crew cab trucks. My 06 2500HD had them. Now that will need them soon, they aren’t there lol.
    Guitar1327 and 1greenmachine like this.
  12. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats?
    ydarg likes this.
  13. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Indeed and thanks!
    Medicine Creek and 1greenmachine like this.
  14. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's awesome, congratulations for you guys, our daughter is 9 months and it's amazing just how much life has changed in the last year. Everyone says it but dont blink because she was this tiny baby sleeping in my arms to I cant even get to cuttle her for more than a minute at a time.:cry
    ydarg likes this.
  15. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    The new normal for the back seat of my crew cab. Can't take people along so for keeping PPE handy it works good.:waysad
    20200509_132017.jpg
  16. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Thanks again, we’re both stoked and excited. We just found out last week at the 16 week appointment that we’re having a daughter and couldn’t be happier.
    1greenmachine and Guitar1327 like this.
  17. Guitar1327

Guitar1327 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve lost track of what we’re all calling each cab model but I believe my ‘15 super crew f150 has what you’re referring to. My wife’s Acura has the rear latch point way on the back of the seat. The F150 is little fabric loop that one has to wiggle out from just below the headrest. It took me a while to find but it’s there...

Edit to add that both vehicles have the same two lower mounting latch points, oddly so does the Miata... get some looks riding around with the baby in there but they like it.
  18. Murf2

Murf2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I cleaned mine up & took pics cause I’m gonna sell it. It’s been a great truck, so I thought I outa IMG_0473.JPG IMG_0470.JPG post it will I still have it,
  19. Bovino

Bovino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. Mountainhound

Mountainhound Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't get what you mean could you explain please? Thanks

I also prefer long beds, had 1 short bed and never again.